My Father

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by padraig, Jan 27, 2010.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

My father was diagnosed with inoperable cancer yesterday. I feel and have felt for some time that Our Lady will be coming to lead him home shortly. I ask for your prayers , not for healing but that his bags may be well packed and he may be ready for the journey home without passing through purgatory.

Job 1:21
    and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Padraig, You are both in our prayers at this time & we ask that our Lady take him under
    her mantle of protection and care.

3. Seán

Seán New Member

Padraig, you and your father are in my prayers at this time.

4. Rain

Rain Powers

Praying for your father. May God give him strength, consolation and peace at this time. You too, Padraig.

5. Mario

Mario Powers

Ditto!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

6. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Padraig- you, your father, and the rest of your family absolutely have my prayers, too!!

7. twoangels

twoangels New Member

Padraig, I will keep you and your Father in my prayers. May God give your Father strength and grace at this time.

Siobhan

8. Allyd

Allyd Angels

Padraig, you and your father are both in my prayers!!!

9. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks, it means a lot!!

10. AZCactus

AZCactus Seraphim

Padraig, I shall say a prayer for you both and may God bless you both.

11. padraig

padraig New Member

Thank you Az , that is kind of you, actually I could feel the power of prayers said yesterday and could see it in my father, so thanks again.

12. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Padraig,
    Your dad is in my prayer at every Mass.

Mary

13. CRW

CRW New Member

O my soul, bless the Lord,
    and never forget his kindness.
    =he rescues me from death
    and crowns me with his mercy and love

Padraig, my Chaplet of Divine Mercy and Rosary will remember your dad. Where is the sting of death when our heart sees the light?

Cecil

14. padraig

padraig New Member

Thanks once again

My father was saying he intends to spend a lot more time in prayer and with God. I find this so touching that he is getting ready, also his attitude the gentle way he talks about thing, like a little bird getting ready to fly off

15. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig, I'm so sorry, some how I missed this post and the information regarding your father. We are entering such an incredibly holy time of year, Lent. I'll offer prayers and sacrifices for your father and for all who love him during this journey.
    Please know my heart and prayers are with you all.

16. padraig

padraig New Member

You know Gail, know it must sound like a terrible thing to say but with my father lately I feel far more joy than sorrow.

I called up to see him on Saturday night with a little parcel of a copy of a Will and a manual how to make one, to save legal fees. He is so relaxed and at peace about it all and is actively getting ready for it, particularly spiritually. He is really inspiring me with his courage. I hope when my time comes I shall go our with so much courage and well joy, he just seems so relaxed and happy. Also there is a lightness about him. He reminds me of an apple tree in the Fall ,just ready to harvested. As well as this he is suffering no real pain or discomfort and is even planning some trips in his Camper Van. I am a little surprised but delighted. I offered to move in with him to nurse him over the next while but he can very plainly take care of himself for the time being and does not need me!! I worked in the Hospice for a few years and I have never seen anyone take to the death process in such a light fashion, it is as though he is just going on a holiday; which in a way I suppose he is. :D

Please God when my own time comes I can pack my suitcases in such a wonderful way.

I put it down to prayer especially those of you on the forum, thank you so much.

I has a visit from a friend later on Saturday night . He had couple of heart attacks a little while ago and is just out of hospital. He took his first attack at home , he lives on his own and felt frightened as he lay alone on the floor, but he says he prayed and had a real feeling of the presence of Jesus in the room and somehow found the strength to call for help.

A wonderful Saturday night seeing and talking to people of real courage and spiritual strength..an inspiration.

17. darrell

darrell New Member

Sorry, I miised it too. Praying...

18. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Padraig, your account of your father's joy reminds me of St. Dominic Savio.

Just this morning, I was reading St. John Bosco's account of St. Dominic's death and, like your father, St. Dominic was exceptionally joyful as his time approached. I think what makes that joy so amazing is that it is so completely different from what our (secular) world tells us we should feel at/around the time of our death. The world tells us we should fear death because for the world, death is an end. But as Christians, we know that death is but the beginning!! So, as usual, the secular world is just plain wrong!

Anyway, your father sounds like a wise and holy fellow. I will continue to pray for both of you and for continued joy in both of your lives!

19. padraig

padraig New Member

I would say BC he was just a very good Catholic father and man. But I think that sometimes as time goes on and the end grows nearer God can pour out bucket loads of grace. He is doing so now. Sometimes I feel as it there was nearly a light around him. He had his faults, as we all have. I think that it is the desire of God's heart to bring us straight home to heaven when we die, with no stops along the way and that God does what he can to make this so and so the bucket loads of grace.

20. padraig

padraig New Member

I suppose, on second thoughts, there is nothing 'ordinary' about living a good Catholic life, especially there days. So there is no such thing as an ordinary Cath9olic, we are always by definition living a supernatural life. But my father, you would never have thought of him as someone as being in receipt of these graces, an ordinary working man ,father of a very large family, very down to Earth. But when I call up to see him at the minute its really as though there were light everywhere. He asked me the other night how I thought he was handling the news or his coming death. I told him honestly I thought it was with great courage. He said off handedly , 'Thats because of God's grace'..as thought it were nothing. Its a real inspiration to me and gives me courage for when my own time will come.

No. there's nothing 'ordinary' about an 'ordinary' Catholic.