My bus trip

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by AidanK, Jul 28, 2020.

1. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Beacause my car was in for its annual service today I took the bus. My route was a 20 mile journey along a rural 'b' road close to the border. I drive same route maybe 3-4 times weekly. Such a wonderful bounty to enjoy the journey relaxed without the burden of driving. En route, I passed a river, two lakes shimmering in summer sun, a mountain range. Many luscious fields of every shade of green, with livestock grazing. Two Catholic rustically beautiful churches. Cyclists, walkers,runners and various agricultural machines. A forest, trees basking in the breeze and sunshine. For the length of this wonderful little trip I had a sense of God being in His heaven and alls well with His World.

2. AED

AED Powers

What a gift Aiden.

3. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Beautiful that the Lord gave you this gift. It is hard to even get a few minutes of relief these days. Your life has been blessed today! :)

4. Mario

Mario Powers

Can you upload a map of your route?:)

Tanker and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  5. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Unfortunately my IT skills are zero

6. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

We all need to occasionally take time out , breathe the air and thank God for His bounteous giving

Don_D, Beth B, Tanker and 3 others like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

I love to walk from time to time around Slieve Gullion, which I know is near Aidan. I even managed to get lost:)

Very beautiful. Very Irish.

8. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

DesertStar7 likes this.
  9. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

If you are able to see the beauty and live the moment...you are in a very special spiritual state.

Enjoy the moment.

:)

Tanker and AidanK like this.
  10. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

Excellent video Padraig. Will give people an idea as to why huge portions of Lord of the Rings was filmed in N Ireland. By brother was lucky enough to be in the Neolithic passage tomb on mid winter's and enjoyed the privilege of seeing a young man propose to his girlfriend

Tanker, AED, padraig and 1 other person like this.
  11. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

Wow. :)

Yes, sometimes it's nicer being a passenger.

12. padraig

padraig New Member

I kind of notice more that the , 'Game of Thrones was filmed here. A lot of the shots were in Tollymore Forest and they do Game of Thrones Day Trips and run buses. One day I was walking through the Forest when I saw a large group of them gawping and chattering and pointing at the dogs. I realised that John Snow in Game of Thrones had a large white kind of wolf dog (Dire Wolf) and they made the link and were wondering what was going on.:)

This piece here is from Tullymore Forest.:)

[​IMG]

Jo M, DesertStar7 and AED like this.
  13. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

The dog in the first photo has a curling tail, like a Chow-Chow.

14. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

And I thought John Snow was a newsreader! Doesn't he get around?!