Moynihan Letters after Meeting Vigano

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by Dolours, Sep 12, 2019.

1. sunburst

sunburst Powers

What about Chinese Catholic's? Haven't they been underground for quite some time now?
    Rome Betrays Underground China Church - The American Conservative

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Yes, they have. But I am reluctant to give this one Archbishop the absolute power to dictate what we should do and what happens next. He vilifies VII but many of us know very holy priests and parishes now.
    That's my 2 cents. I am not all in with Archbishop V. Not jumping in. Most of what he says has great value. But he's not my leader. Not now. The future of the Catholic Church belongs to God.
    I can wait on the Lord and see.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Fr. Scanlon's prophecy from the Lord speaks to the fact that what we rely on, won't be there for us in the future. We are really in the midst of that now. But I am, as I said, reluctant to give power to one individual so readily. I think I will keep my lamp lit and wait and see how the Lord directs us. Not everything has happened yet. I don't want to put the cart before the horse. I have done that in the past. I don't want to guess. I want the Lord to show me. The answers will come.

4. Whatever

Whatever Archangels

Yes, they have. My problem is that I don't know what's meant by an underground Church. It seems to mean different things to different people. One aspect that bothers me is the sense I get of political interference in the Church from both ultra liberal and ultra conservative influences. While I understand that good people trying to get the message out to the faithful have no choice but to use whatever outlets are available, I fear the long term consequences of getting too close to people who don't have the Church's best interests at heart. That the modernists in the Church have done it for decades and are in the ascendancy now doesn't make it right for faithful Catholics to do the same. I'm sorry for not being able to express more clearly what I'm trying to say.

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

There is danger of schism. Probably a wait and see attitude is best.

Whatever likes this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

It's different in China. They have a State Church now. We do not. It's not a great comparison or analogy, imho.

7. Whatever

Whatever Archangels

I've just watched that Church Militant video. I don't find it convincing. I'm fairly sure that the Italians were doing business with the Chinese long before Pope Francis was elected. I doubt very much that they were waiting for the election of a Pope to bring their cars and high end fashions to the Chinese market. Haven't the Chinese also invested in Italy's infrastructure? That a Jesuit Pope and the type of people he prefers would seize the opportunity to use those connections as leverage doesn't surprise me but I don't see how that makes them any more Communist than American and other industrialists who were quick enough to abandon the reds under the bed scare when there was profit to be made. The CM video gives me the impression that their concerns for the Church are secondary to their US party political interests. I think that the Vatican's Chinese fiasco is more a case that they gambled and lost rather than some grand plan to spread Communism.