Moynihan Letters after Meeting Vigano

Discussion in 'Church Critique' started by Dolours, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Fatima

Fatima Powers

His mission is not through. That is what I believe for sure.

AED likes this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

I hope you are right.

3. AED

AED Powers

Yes Fatima. This is pretty much my plan too. Today is the beginning of Cardinal Burke's call for prayer and fasting.

Clare A and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numinous

This homily reminds me of the ones I used to hear as a child.:):)

So very,very wrong to hear them now. So sad.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  5. Dolours

Dolours Guest

From Dr. Moynihan's latest letter: https://insidethevatican.com/news/newsflash/letter-50-2019-the-jesuits-part-1/

When I met with Pope Francis on June 23, 2013, he asked me about Cardinal McCarrick, and I told him there was a thick dossier on him. But then he asked me a second question, about the Jesuits. He wanted to know my opinion about the Jesuits in America. And I told him of my many concerns…—Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, in a conversation with me in September 2019

And that conversation is why I began to make a more detailed study of the history of the Jesuit order — because the Pope, who was himself a Jesuit, had asked me precisely that question. And I now believe that, in order to understand what has happened to the Catholic Church in recent decades, and to understand the mind of Pope Francis, we must understand what has happened to the Jesuits.

The Jesuits were the pre-eminent order in the Church. They did incredible things. Following St. Ignatius of Loyola, for almost 500 years ago they served as the disciplined, loyal guardians of Christian doctrine and faithfully served each Pope.

I myself studied in a Jesuit high school in Milan. I am who I am due in part to the example and encouragement of many Jesuit fathers. They formed me.

But something happened to the Jesuits, and we must understand what happened to understand the present crisis of the Church. Thinking that by political activism they would incarnate their Christian mission in an ever more profound way, they lost their way.

Now, except for a minority of exceptions, they no longer carry out that high calling which made them the support of Popes for more than 400 years.

Now a complete restoration of the order to its former greatness is needed. Otherwise, it would be better if the order were again suppressed by the Pope.—Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, in a conversation with me in September 2019
    You can read the rest at the link provided above. Poor Archbishop Vigano made what he and others have discovered to be a catastrophic mistake: he told Pope Francis the truth.

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Just like the old days! And short enough so you don't fall asleep or get distracted.....to the point.

AED likes this.
  7. padraig

padraig Powers

'To comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable'.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Lol
    My pastor always threw in that you could leave the parking lot after Mass and get killed in a car accident and you could go to Hell
    It afflicted the comfortable!

Mario, Whatever and AED like this.
  9. SteveD

SteveD Archangels

Today's Gospel reading (Lazarus and Dives) was a golden opportunity for priests to remind people about the reality and the horror of hell. I didn't expect our priest to use this opportunity to do so but I did hope that he might. He didn't, he told us about our duty to help 'refugees'. He did mention others in need but the particular needs of 'refugees' are his constant theme in homilies. Much as I do recognise that genuine refugees deserve our help (thinking particularly of oppressed Christians from the Middle East), the assumption that all those claiming the status are genuine cases rather than opportunistic economic migrants (who can't be blamed for trying) is a depressing and, to me, clear departure from reality.

Clare A, Mary's child, AED and 2 others like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

We had something similar but a veiled reference to torments. Not nearly enough.

11. BrianK

BrianK Archangels Staff Member

12. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Julia and AED like this.
  13. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I came in to the forum to post the Vigano interview tapes and found the first video already posted. Here is the second short video.

They are either crazy or apocalyptic. Either way they certainly should be viewed and maybe discussed from a Catholic point of view.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    Jason Fernando and AED like this.
  14. Julia

The videos for the Vigano interview are shown as Tape 1, Tape 2 etc. Posting Tape 3 as Tape one and Tape 2 are posted above. It appears there is a series of 18 short duration video tapes to be published.

AED likes this.
  15. Julia

Posting Tape 4 from the Vigano interview.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  16. Julia

Tape 5 from the Vigano interview.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  17. Julia

Tape 6 from the Vigano interview.

Sam, HeavenlyHosts and Jason Fernando like this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you, Julia.

Sam, AED and Julia like this.
  19. Julia

I hope it is ok to post the videos on the forum. I subscribed and clicked the bell but have not had notification...yet, so sharing all those already published.

I do have the highest regard for Dr Moynihan, and my gut tells me he thinks it is worth risking his reputation to share this information with us all. My instinct tells me, he is scared about what is going on in the world and in the Church. We just need to keep watch and pray, and above all else trust Jesus Christ and Blessed Mother, and all will be well.

Clare A and AED like this.
  20. BrianK

BrianK Archangels Staff Member

Definitely!

Having met with him and talked with him at length several weeks ago, I would say your gut instincts are right on. (I’m currently volunteering with him and Inside the Vatican.)

He is very perceptive, plays his cards close to his chest, and has deep contacts within the Vatican, not all of whom would be in agreement with each other, it seems.

Don_D, Mmary, Clare A and 1 other person like this.