Mountain

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by "Quis ut Deus", Oct 10, 2021.

1. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

It was my father's 10th anniversary yesterday so decided to climb a mountain.. No better place for it than divis over Belfast where he spent his life. May his soul and all the souls of the faithfully departed rest in peace amen.

_20211010_185348.JPG

Malachi, Ananchal, Francine and 21 others like this.
  2. Indy

Indy Praying

Lovely thing to do in your fathers honour. What a way to say a few prayers as well.

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Inspiring, love the photo

4. AED

AED Powers

Beautiful John.

5. Mario

Mario Powers

Quite the view, John. The loss of parents create a vacuum in one's heart. Our best response is to live the Faith as they did and pray for the repose of their souls. How time flies. It's been 46 years for my Mom and 37 years for my Dad. God bless all of our parents! May they rest in peace!:notworthy:

Malachi, Byron, Francine and 4 others like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I can still hear the sounds in our home as I was growing up. I can still remember the routines. I can see my Dad's garden. May they rest in peace.

Malachi, RoryRory, Byron and 3 others like this.
  7. Mario

Mario Powers

Ah, the things I put my parents through when I was younger. But my Mom was the gardener. I remember my two older brothers depositing me in the backyard near my Mom's flower garden after a night of partying, hoping I would sober up enough to make my way back into the house. Well, I did, but only after throwing up. The next morning my brothers assured her it must have been the neighbor's dog (notorious for putting everything and anything in its mouth) which caused the damage. An hour later I came downstairs, attempting to put my best foot forward though my hangover was pretty intense. After I finished a light breakfast, my Mom simply said, "Come with me." She led me out back to the sad remains of some of her flowers and simply said with a tremor of disgust, "Doesn't look like a dog could wreck such havoc? What do you have to say?" Mom turned away and walked back into the house, not waiting for my answer.

Point made. Guilt suitably inflicted.:censored: May my saintly mother rest in peace! Christine, may you continue to hold me in prayer!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Now that you are a parent, you realize that your Mom saw through all of the smokescreens of her children. Right?

Francine and AED like this.
  9. AED

AED Powers

Yes truly Mario. My Mom died 21 years ago October 8. My father died the year before. I was blessed to have them as long as I did.

HeavenlyHosts and Francine like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

Me too. Vivid wonderful memories. What a blessed childhood I had.

11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

My father had a glow in the dark folding alarm clock that he needed to take on business trips. I was playing some kind of spy game, talking with my brother on walkie talkies that didn’t work . You had to holler on them. I took my Dad’s alarm clock out of his room into a dark area of the house and accidentally stepped on it! :eek:
    I put the poor broken thing back into his room. I was really hoping the issue would just fade away, but it did not.
    :( He was not happy.

Mario and AED like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

:)

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  13. padraig

padraig Powers

RoryRory likes this.