Mount Athos at Easter.

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by padraig, May 9, 2020.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Lovely. Just lovely.

[​IMG]

Ed Kleese and AED like this.
  2. Indy

Indy Praying

I would love to go there, saw a few good documentaries on Athos a few years back. I wish them and us were closer. We have sooo much in common.

3. Indy

Indy Praying

[​IMG]

Looks lovely also.

Sanctus likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

It is gorgeous. But no so easy to get there in more way than one. It is out of the way on a peninsular in the middle of nowhere which requires a ferry. You need a special visa which would be quite difficult to obtain as a Non Orthodox. And having got there there is the danger of experiencing quite a lot of anti Catholic hostility.. which is rife. Also of course no women ever.

Its the largest collection of Monasteries in the world. The whole place being dedicated to Our Lady. I read a a lot of stories of saints from the 20th century there. Saints who performed miracles. It just seems like heaven on Earth.:):)

How many places could you go to and expect to meet real live saints.:):);)

[​IMG]

5. Indy

Indy Praying

ya, I think some of those things make me want to go there more. I did see a video once of a priest there, an ex-Harvard professor who was massively anti-catholic. I had nothing bad to say about Protestantism. Strange. I guess they are commenting about novus ordo, maybe they are right, in their criticism.