Might not be able to fulfill my Easter Duty

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Apr 20, 2019.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

I fell into mortal sin again this morning, and am worried that there might not be confession available for me today, and I won’t be able to fulfill my Easter Duty.

Please pray that I can make it to confession and finally stop this and be free from it.

It seems like every time I seem to be finally free from this, I’m not, and every time I show signs of improvement, I get worse.

cornhusker likes this.
  2. Mario

Mario Powers

RW,

I will pray that you get to confession today; please pray that I can do the same.

You are too hard on yourself. The path to purity is crooked at times. It is marked by failures. Rejoice that God has given the gift of Confession. Fulfill the penance, and then thank Jesus for each day of purity, one day at a time. I will never be finally free from sin until the day of my death, try as I may. Always stay close to Our Lady, Mother Most Pure. Each time you allow her to pick you up after a fall, your self-condemnation will decrease and her Spouse, the Holy Spirit, will increase your resolve.

A Blessed Easter to you!:)

Safe Under Mary's Mantle!

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

The time for making Easter duty lasts until Pentecost Sunday inclusive
    I also think it may have started on Ash Wednesday
    You have lots of time
    And on Divine Mercy Sunday you can try to gain the plenary indulgence.

4. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

RW, as Mario said one day at a time. I too will pray for you, may by the Grace of God you can find peace.

5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

RW, the first sign that you will eventually be freed from this sin/cross is recondition of it...and you have that. You are up against powerful evil forces that are after us all...most especially those who have faith.

Don’t let the devil discourage you RW....when you fall, get right back up. Confess to God until you can go to confession. With frequent confession, you will eventually gain the grace to conquer it permanently.
    Do not be discouraged...that’s of the devil who is after your soul. You have the sacraments as tools to beat this. You know the remedy....!

Give it to God.
    Fight the good fight...no matter how long it takes!
    God bless you.

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

You are exactly right!

7. SteveD

SteveD Powers

I think that the duty must be made on or before Trinity Sunday (which is the Sunday following Pentecost).

Beth B, heyshepard and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I have actually seen it both ways.

9. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

Thanks everyone, I’ve managed to get a priest to hear my confession today, so I am to receive Communion this Easter.

I’m trying to do better, but part of me still worries about falling into lukewarmness again in the future and letting my guard down, and falling again and doing more damage to myself.

I’m going to keep trying to do what I can to stop sinning.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Xavier, cornhusker and Beth B like this.