Michael Voris comes out - Honest and moving

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Krizevac, Apr 22, 2016.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

I think a little bit of humilty from Micahel would do no harm. Pointing out the faults in others can be fine up to a point. But I think he got a little too good at it , it you see what I mean.

There is a wonderful part in the film , 'Silence of the Lambs', which I always remember . FBI Agent Clarice Starling is interviewing former Psychiatrist and mass murderer Hanibal Lector. Hannibal is verbally tearing poor old Clarice to pieces. Then Clarice says to Hannibal, 'Why don't you turn the lazor of you intellect unto yourself Hannibal'. In other words Clarice is reminding Hannibal to take the log out of his own eye before taking the splinters out of hers.:)

When Michael started out on his mission he must have known that, like a rubber ball, what he was saying about others was bound to bounce back and hit him. How could it not? Being formerly part of the homosexual community and subsequently hitting on them, the ball was bound to come back.

That is the main reason why priests, on the whole, no longer preach the hard hitting sermons they used to. The ball will bounce right back at them. Sermons nowadays are as hard hitting as getting hit in the face by a dead goldfish.

But if Michael is strong enough to get over this, I think he will be stronger , more impactful than ever.

But he will also be a little more toned down, a little more humble, a little more kind and..I dare I say it , a little less judgemental than hitherto.

None of this is a bad thing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Mac likes this.
  2. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

I agree Padraig.

I like Michael because of his searching honesty.
    I like Michael because he calls a spade a spade.

But if you decide to be the ''front man' for crusading against error, [and I think Michael does it pretty well]
    Then he should have emphasized just as much his own failings,regularly.[without going into detail]because he should have known decades of his wayward lifestyle would catch up .
    And while I have my own favourite writers and bloggers , a layman is never the same as a religious.

He deserved his past to be in the past , yet should have prepared a little better , knowing full well he was going into battle with principalities and powers.
    I think Michael is handling it well now. But could have done a lot better with his mission.

For example ... If a priest falls into serious public sin , and then returns to the Faith, He would in the past be sent to a monastery to spend his life in penance.
    He would not spend his life pointing out the faults of others.

I have to think about this some more.

Michael should never be in this situation,that much is certain.
    How much is of his own making ????

Mario and Jeanne like this.
  3. Serena

Serena Principalities

Thanks for explaining to me. But I guess it's kind of like ex-smokers, they tend to be more anti-smoking than people who have never smoked. I think maybe Michael is just very passionate in what he believes that's all.

Amazing Grace likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

Nothing wrong with a bit of passion. It's were you go with it that might be a problem. St Paul was passionate too. But he seemed to be always falling out with his fellow saints.

5. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

He has skyrocketed in my estimation also.:)

Indy, Beth B and torrentum like this.
  6. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

I'm still thinking about his holy mother R.I.P and her sacrifice. I wonder what her name was.

A great woman to ask for prayers, especially for parents of a gay child.

7. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

So am I.

No one should be forced to have past, forgiven sins reopened. It would be like tearing open the wounds of Christ again. Shame on Cardinal Dolan and his henchmen.

Beth B likes this.
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

though I was wondering today as I was walking around the park thinking about this. When Michael started down the path he did, did he never think that it was inevitable that this stuff would be raked up? For he is an intelligent man. Also a professional himself, he knows how these things work.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I wonder if when he embarked on this he might not have been better of making a clean slate of the whole thing?

However God's Ways are not ours. It could be this whole sorry buisness will serve to strengthen him. I could not have done what he is doing, so I am full of admiration. Offering up mass tomorrow for him and for all at Church Militant. They are certainly going through a Dark Night. Satan is so very,very active. How awful if priests or even Bishops were involved in any of this exposure. I hope not.

Anyway , prayers. Poor guy.

Beth B, Richard67 and torrentum like this.
  9. padraig

padraig Powers

I checked utube to see if Church Miliitant is still broadcasting. No videos today, does anyone know if they have stopped production? I hope not.

10. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

I'm sure Michael figured that his past sins would be used against him at some point. I don't think he figured his own fellow Catholics would be the ones to do it though. Maybe his secular enemies, but I think Michael is disturbed that his own fellow Catholics betrayed him first.

torrentum and Mac like this.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

No wonder, what a very horrible thing to do, gravely sinful. Of course they tried the same kinds of dirty tricks on Padre Pio and other saints. We are up against a terrible and ruthless enemy.

Beth B and Mac like this.
  12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I spent last evening watching premium videos on Church Militant. They were so wonderful. I'm learning so much about our Catholic faith. If you haven't subscribed, please consider. It's well worth it.

I found this older video about Michaels conversion....it will give many parents whose children are away from the faith great hope. Hope you like it.

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/satans-defeat

torrentum likes this.
  13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I think they posted the best of videos because they are on retreat. I'm betting they will be back and all the stronger for it. Please pray for all of them. Conversion is what God wants from all of us....Michaels might be what God is using to bring other homosexuals back to the faith.

padraig likes this.
  14. pilgrim

pilgrim Guest

Parable of the unforgiving debtor... Matthew 18 : 23-35

Jeanne likes this.
  15. Indy

Indy Praying

Finally I think I will sign-up to ChurchMilitant, I have been of two minds for a few years.

Who else would God select for such an apostolate based in the US than someone with a background such as Michael's and someone who has repented and no doubt suffered greatly for his sins.

I am praying for Michael and that the evil sap in the Church is finally oozed out and exposed. Michael is such a great asset on our side in this awful battle, a battle which satan will loose.

16. padraig

padraig Powers

Please God, I offered up my mass this morning for him. So sad.

Beth B likes this.
  17. Mario

Mario Powers

This is very, very true. Love, however, will always prevail!

From 1 John: Greater is he that is in you, than he who is in the world.(y)

Sam likes this.
  18. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

I'm actually hoping to find an appropriate time to show the original video to my teenage daughters.
    Thank God for repentant sinners!

19. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes, i admire him so much for this.\More prayers tonight. His mother in heaven must be so proud of him.

Beth B likes this.
  20. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

I'm sorry that I have to express a rather different response to the latest video. Mr Voris speaks a lot about the need for not limiting God and what He can do. Yet Mr Voris is keen to ridicule the events in Medjugorje. A rather major contradiction for me.