Michael Voris comes out - Honest and moving

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Krizevac, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

Not sure which section of the forum is appropriate. Often have mixed feelings about MV but this is astonishing. The prayers of a mother!

2. Dean

Dean Archangels

I applaud him for admitting and changing. I had different sins, but sins indeed and thankfully the church saved me too.

3. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Wow...I am speechless. Heartfelt

:(

4. Markinoz

Markinoz New Member

Wow like St Paul it makes sense now your passion and disregard for the protocols of good manners If ever you read these pages please know of my utmost regard and respect for your apostolate. God bless you Michael and may the most holy name of Jesus be praised forever! (Formerly posting as Ignacio but misplaced my password and unable to change or retrieve it)

RoryRory, Beth B, BrianK and 3 others like this.
  5. AZCactus

AZCactus Seraphim

May God Bless you Michael Voris. I thank God for your salvation. Keep up the work for Our Lord Jesus. I am sure that all the Angels and Saints are saying more than just bravo. Amen and Hallelujah

6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Powerful & magnificent testimony of the transforming power of faith and the intercession of a suffering mother who offered herself for the salvation of her son.

I wish more had his passion for the faith and the life giving power of the Cross.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  7. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

With the help of God if any of these high brows in the Church who want to destroy and silence Michael Voris because of his past transgressions; would like to be as courageous and come out and publicly confess their sins. I say bring it on.

On the other hand no, please don't. We don't need to hear any more smut than we have to. And I am sorry that Michael Voris felt obliged to do this. It is a sad day for our belief in the Mercy and forgiveness and compassion of God in the hands of our modern ministers of the Catholic Church. I hope it was lay people who caused this.

RoryRory and Dean like this.
  8. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

We are told that Prayer is the most powerful Force in the Universe and a Mother's Prayer at the Top-End too boot.
    The most disturbing, though not surprising, "bit of news" is the fact that this public admission was made to "head-off" a search-n-destroy collect dirt operation of the Archdiocese of New York! Not surprising 'cause there is a 50+ year history in the USA of corrupt prelates and diocese officialdom intimidating victims & protecting criminal perverts ............. with $$$ BILLION$ paid out. $$ BILLION$ that didn't go to maintain Churches, Missions, Schools or fund Clerical Old Age Pensions!! Oh!! ... and countless Good People, Cleric/Laity, that have voted with their feet:mad:
    The NEW YORK SCANDAL is about to erupt BIG. Just in time to discourage more Faithful at a time of .......... THE STORM!!
    Storm Heaven with PRAYERS ... it may be ...........

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

josephite and Beth B like this.
  9. Jonah

Jonah Angels

That's what I call COURAGE also humility. The one who is forgiven much loves much. No wonder he is working so hard to restore the Bride of Christ. Praise God!

RoryRory, JAA, josephite and 3 others like this.
  10. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

The alarming thing for me here is the why he did this not that he had to do this. Everything I read on this is that the archdiocese of NY was about to release all this past, repented mind you, life of his. What is up with that?!

torrentum likes this.
  11. Harper

Harper Guest

Have any of you watched the movie "Spotlight"? While there were some exaggerations, the response of the Boston archdiocese to the reporters' efforts and the chancery's attempt to obstruct investigations was accurately portrayed. (Said as a Massachusetts person who lived through the whole mess.) I firmly believe in the one, holy, Catholic and apostolic Church, but I am also morally certain there are many wolves among the shepherds. And they attempt to block those who would expose them.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2016
    RoryRory and josephite like this.
  12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

What they intended to do to michael voris is akin to mob tatics!
    I say we all get behind michael and OUT the gang in NY! This is outrageous!

13. padraig

padraig New Member

Wonderful.

Michael shoots up way high in my estimation.

New York Archdiocese sinks even lower, if possible.

Dirty tricks.

Indy, Beth B, AZCactus and 3 others like this.
  14. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

New York archdiocese denies allegation that it sought to smear Michael Voris

by Staff Reporter
    posted Friday, 22 Apr 2016
    [​IMG]
    Michael Voris (CNS)
    Voris, editor of ChurchMilitant.com, said the archdiocese was seeking to discredit him

The Archdiocese of New York has said it is “absolutely, 100 per cent untrue” that it was preparing to smear the Catholic journalist Michael Voris.

Voris, the editor of ChurchMilitant.com, alleged that the archdiocese had been collecting information about his personal life before he became a Catholic.

In a post on the Church Militant website, Michael Voris wrote: “We have on very good authority from various sources that the New York archdiocese is collecting and preparing to quietly filter out details of my past life with the aim of publicly discrediting me, this apostolate and the work here.”

Voris said that in his 30s he had “lived a life of live-in relationships with homosexual men”, and that in his 20s he “had frequent sexual liaisons with both adult men and adult women”.

A spokesman for the Archdiocese of New York told the Catholic Herald: “It is absolutely, 100 per cent untrue that the archdiocese was collecting and preparing to release anything concerning him personally or his website.”

Voris said he “had great pain to overcome from childhood and my youth and instead of recommending myself to God in my youth, I gave in to the flesh and died spiritually. I shudder every time I think what would now be my lot had I died [at that time].”

He apologised to those who were hurt by the revelations, saying: “I want to take a moment to apologise to anyone who is wounded in any way by this. I did not intend to deceive. I just didn’t see the need to provide up-close detail of past sins in order to inform people of the Faith.

“I thought it sufficient to simply state the true and overriding fact that I had led a horrible life, and through my mother’s efforts, been given sufficient grace to come home as a prodigal son.”

Voris wrote of his discovery of “God’s saving power”: “I was restored to life. It is real, every last bit of it. And when you know it, you know it – and you want everyone else to know it. And you want to make sure nothing stops them from knowing it like you know it.”

He thanked fans for their prayers and forgiveness, and said that if the revelations threatened Saint Michael’s Media, of which ChurchMilitant.com is a part, “then please pray that the will of God be done”.

from: http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/new...gation-that-it-sought-to-smear-michael-voris/

15. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

I have to admit when I seen the first post this morning my first reaction was ?? well lets just say it was not very nice...after some reflection time I would have to admit firstly I owe Micheal Voris an apology for my thoughts, I intend to send him an email expressing my absolute admiration please God he reads it..

Its times like these you realise what a pathetic being you can be..

for the record sorry Micheal for my thoughts..

Pray4peace likes this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

I am furious about this. Furious. Many prayers to calm down.

Richard67 and Beth B like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

A further insult to God and God is already very much offended , the chalice is already full, and now brims over.

Prayers for Michael.

Beth B and JAA like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

Patty likes this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

But on the other hand Mike Voris was a little too strident for my taste, a little tucking in of the tail would do no harm what so ever

Heidi and Krizevac like this.
  20. Serena

Serena Principalities

Can you explain what you mean by the 'tucking in of the tale' that you think is needed?