Michael Voris Catechises the Irish

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Roger Buck, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Fatima

Fatima Guest

Clowns can kneel before the Lord too, but Mass is not time for Santa or Clowns to present themselves. It is new age that wants to somehow put reverence in another light. My experience is that those who do this are usually the same group that likes to clap in Mass, give fluffy homilies, mandatory hand holding during the Lord's prayer, etc.... It is orthodoxy that follows VatII teachings that "no one, not even a priest may add, change or omit anything in the liturgy"

2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I agree Padraig. Our Lady is shaping and moulding many souls. Great graces will be available with the warning and miracle setting hearts on fire with holy zeal. These will be the saints prophecised by de Montford.

3. SteveD

SteveD Guest

We all really do have saints in our families/close ancestors/bloodline who are closely interested in our spiritual fate. If not saints among those living and even if not in our recent ancestors then certainly further back. If you think about your own bloodline there will be some, perhaps many, who lived saintly lives. Three of my living relatives claim that dead relatives, have appeared to them (two cousins say that our grandmother appeared to them when they were together and one of them was in great distress). She said nothing but just looked at them with kindliness and love and they felt reassured.
    On the other side of the coin, I once prayed after receiving the Blessed Sacrament for everyone in my bloodline right back to the beginning. Once the prayer had been made there was the sound of awful screeching and horribly discordant music and some of us looked up. The celebrant looked at us open mouthed and said 'did anyone else hear that?' I don't know whether my prayer and the noises were connected but it had my hair standing on end. Predictably, I suppose, of the millions of my ancestors some of them didn't make it and didn't appreciate being prayed for but I hope that those in purgatory felt a moment or two of soothing relief.

Julia and garabandal like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

The good God is preparing something marvellous for us all.

I never expected things to turn out the way it seems He intends,

But then we never do, do we?

God is very good.

Julia likes this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

Wow Steve I never took you for a mystic. Wonderful.

6. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Michael is right on and brave to speak up on reasons for the falling away from the faith.

Is he ever wrong in this Vortex though, going against private revelation. There are a few false prophets but Heaven isn't silent and Michael should recall 1 Cor 12:28. It keeps happening, well known Catholic apologists can't see God would speak to the world every day.

7. SteveD

SteveD Guest

MV's thesis that we who believe in Medj. were trying to deal with the heresies in the Church is absolutely and provably false in the case of everyone that I personally know who has been there. I went in the late 80's and I was not aware of the rampant heresies in the Church at that time. This was pre-internet days and the knowledge of what was going on was not at all widespread. Everyone I know was in the same position. The apparitions had then been happening for almost a decade and the knowledge that Voris assumes in the millions who already believed just DID NOT EXIST generally. We were definitely NOT running into the arms of lunatics to escape chaos in the Church.

I know some Catholics who don't believe in Medj. or who are just not interested in it. I always say to them, 'Do you believe in Fatima?' and they always say that they do. I then ask if they pray the rosary every day and make sacrifices, especially fasting and they usually cough and explain how busy they are. Contrast this with those who have visited Medj. or are otherwise devoted to it, they almost always have responded to the very same requests. If this is Satan, he has shot himself in the foot big time. As a bishop said recently, 'It's not important whether or not Our Lady has ever appeared there, the Holy Spirit IS there'. He is there in a particularly special way' and has manifested His presence to me on several occasions, to seven members of my family and to several friends and others known to me.

I have sent a link to this thread to CMTV and a copy of the above comments.

Julia, Jeanne, Miriam and 2 others like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

The best I can say is that Michael has not got a good handle on Mystical Theology. Though I have to say my mother and father would have nodded along in agreement with him about Medugorje. :)

I would love him to go out and visit. Well maybe he will. :D

I suppose the best thing about such matters is to pray them through rather than talk them through. I had a dream tonight which I think pointed to this. I dreamt I had an old guitar which I owned many years ago and brought it down to an auction house to sell. Now this guitar I had been very, very fond of it had been expensive and had the most beautiful voice. However when I got down there the old valuer said it was useless and out of tune. I argued with him that it had not been tuned in years but he said the back was old and rotten. There was a group of people round us nodding and laughing at us has we argued back and forth.

When I woke up I thought what a good allegory this was to arguing on the internet about places like Medugorje. The old guy thought my guitar was rubbish and I thought my guitar was the best thing ever made and the two of us could have nattered all night to no result.

Whether or not Mary appeared or not heaven never intended us to waste time over such stuff but to keep them in our hearts and pray over them.

I learnt this lesson many years ago but keep getting drawn into arguments over old guitars all over again.

The lesson being I suppose if someone wants to buy the old guitar ,well let them buy it and if someone does not want to buy it, well let them not buy it.

I wonder how long I will have to keep learning this lesson before I leave well enough alone. ? :D:eek:

Oh well... I am sitting up late at night because I have been coughing like a trooper and can't sleep. I think I will head off down to the all night super market and buy something to help me sleep. No work tomorrow, it has been many years since I took time off work on the sick. I admit I am kinda enjoying the novelty. It's something out of the routine.

Strange how God can talk to us in dreams and a common cold. How wonderful God's ways.

Romans 11:33-36

33 Oh, what a wonderful God we have! How great are his riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his methods! 34 For who can know what the Lord is thinking? Who knows enough to be his counselor? 35 And who could ever give him so much that he would have to pay it back? 36 For everything comes from him; everything exists by his power and is intended for his glory. To him be glory evermore. Amen.

upload_2014-2-20_2-14-9.jpeg

Julia likes this.
  9. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Here's to a fruitful cold, Padraig. I always say, never waste a good illness!

Julia likes this.
  10. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

padraig, my post is certainly diminished. Michael to you doesn't have a good handle on the mystical. I guess. Michael draws people to prophecy, current private revelation using the word "lunatics?"

I found the faith because of yet to be approved private revelation. He joins other Catholics who are well known and influential with his negative comments. Let it go and pray, it is an old guitar, when do we speak up?

Michael Voris on all matters of faith does every day, he speaks up.

Julia likes this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

Hi Jackie, I also refound my faith as a result of private revelation , when the Mother of God visited me in prison. So I sympathise and have a natural sympathy with such revelation. In fact she began to appear in Medugorje in June 1981 (the month of the Sacred Heart) just two months after she appeared to me in May 1981.(the month of Mary)

The first apparitions in Kibeho Rwanda occurred just a few months after this ,again, in November 1981 . (The Month of the Dead)

[​IMG]

I have never believed these occurences , just a few months apart were an accident but rather linked together but were the first part of a heavenly plan which will come together and in fact is coming together at this present time. Things, events may appear random to us, they do not appear random to heaven. I have a little idea how I have prayerfully been shown how I personally slot into this plan and because of this I have some idea of the part both Kibeho (an approved Church apparition) and Medugorje (an approved apparition) slot together into this plan. .

So believe me when I say I am not unsympathetic , far from it, I feel a huge sadness and a certain frustration at seeing Medugorje being assaulted in this way.

However if you look around the internet in this way I believe you will yourself get the impression as I do that well over ninety five per cent of current claimed private revelations circulating are in fact false.

This should come as no surprise as ,as far back as ancient times in scripture we had a constant war between false and true prophets. In Our Present times we are at the very apex of the war between the Old Dragon, fallen to Earth, Satan, the Father of Lies and Woman Clothed with the Sun, the Mother of God.

One of the Theaters of this War is that between true and false prophecy. A smoke of confusion has descended which has confused even the elect. I believe the weapon chosen by the Ancient Enemy in this War s words. The Sword chosen by Our Mother is I believe , Prayer.

That which is true will stand, that which is false will fail. We appear smaller and defeated by our foe only because we are on our knees. But I believe it is on our knees that we, led by the woman bright as the sun, terrible as an army in Battle Array that we will triumph.

"Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest and dearest son, that the thing that disturbs you, the thing that afflicts you, is nothing. Do not let your countenance, your heart be disturbed. Do not fear this sickness of your uncle or any other sickness, nor anything that is sharp or hurtful. Am I not here, I, who am your Mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not the source of your joy? Are you not in the hollow of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Do you need anything more? Let nothing else worry you, disturb you. Do not let your uncle's illness worry you, because he will not die now. You may be certain that he is already well."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    Julia and bflocatholic like this.
  12. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Beautiful! AMEN!

Julia likes this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

“O men, how long will you love vain words, and seek after lies?” (Ps 4:2)

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2012/the-silent-wonder-of-mary-and-joseph

We have beheld the shepherds coming in from their fields glorifying God and bringing all who heard them to glorify him too. Yet here is something still more marvelous and edifying: “Mary kept all these things, pondering them in her heart.” And furthermore, “his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him.” (Luke 2:19, 33) Would it not be better to unite ourselves to Mary’s silence rather than to attempt to explain her merits with words? For what is more wonderful, after the annunciation and the birth, than to hear the whole world talking but nevertheless to remain silent? She had carried in her womb the Son of the Most High. She had seen him come forth like a ray of the sun from a cloud, pure and luminous. What must she have felt by his presence? And if only for being near him, John leapt for joy in his mother’s womb, what peace and what divine joy were felt by the Blessed Virgin at the conception of the Word that the Holy Spirit formed in her? What, then, could she have said about her dear Son? Nevertheless, she allows him to be praised by everyone; she listens to the shepherds; she speaks not a word to the Magi who come to adore her Son; she listens to Simeon and to Anna the prophetess; she speaks only to Saint Elizabeth, who had been made a prophet by her visit, while Mary herself appeared only to be astonished and ignorant. Joseph shared in her silence as he shared in her secret, he to whom the angel had spoken such great things and who had seen the miracle of the virgin birth. Neither of them spoke of what they saw every day in their house nor sought any advantage from so many miracles. As humble as she was wise, Mary allowed herself to be thought of as a simple mother and her Son as the offspring of an ordinary marriage.

The great things that God works within his creatures naturally happen in silence, in a certain divine movement that suppresses all speech. For what could we say, and what could Mary have said that could have equaled what she felt? Thus God’s secret is kept under the seal unless he himself opens the lips and makes the words come forth. Human advantages are nothing if they remain unknown and if the world does not lay hold of them. Those God makes, however, have in themselves an inestimable worth that one wants to share with God alone. Men, how vain you are, and how vain is the ostentation that moves you to make a display of your feeble accomplishments for the eyes of men just as vain as you! “O men, how long will you love vain words, and seek after lies?” (Ps 4:2) All the goods that one vaunts are nothing in themselves: opinion alone gives them their value. There are no true goods but the ones that can be tasted in silence with God. “Be still, and know that I am God.” (Ps 46:10) “O taste and see that the Lord is good.” (Ps 33:8) Love solitude and silence. Draw back from the noisy conversation of the world. Stayed closed, o my mouth, and do not deafen my heart, for it is listening to God. Stop interrupting and troubling my sweet attentiveness. Vacate et videte, says the Psalmist; “live in holy leisure and see.” (Ps 46:10) And again: “taste and see that the Lord is good.” Allow this celestial taste to speak in you. Gustate et videte, quoniam suavis est Dominus.

14. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

padraig, thanks for this your kind reply. My comment to you wasn't. Frustrated...

I would like to see Catholic apologists in the news, like Michael, Catholic Answers, etc, that they would be open to current prophecy, the yet to be approved. For once say, do not dismiss it. Discuss the current messages from Heaven at least and realize how important current prophecy is but this never seems to happen. It is a battle. They're very wise on other matters of faith. o_O

Wow, oh my, the Blessed Mother appeared to you! I never knew this happened to you. People gathered together on this forum have had dramatic mystical experiences!! So much more than a signal grace.

Laying low, best for me to read here than post but it is the content, I get excited.

15. padraig

padraig New Member

Its' good to post too, Jackie.

I think having prophets in the public square is a grace. Maybe its not a grace at the moment we deserve.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    Julia, RoryRory and Jackie like this.
  16. Fatima

Fatima Guest

Should anyone who has participated in reading this site be surprised at the beginnings of the tribulation in countries, families and Church? If we get this wound up in the stuff going on in these conditions now, have we really understood what is to come? Our Lord talked allot about sensationalism in Verne's messages. We must not get caught up in this, lest we loose our own peace of heart. Suffice it to say, the Church has many gifts to share. Michael Voris' gift is not seeing the Divine in current prophecies. He deals in the dogmatic and is a harsh defender of the doctrines. Michael is not the enemy of the Church, he simply has a different apostolate. His belief or lack of belief in apparitions/locutions is not essential for salvation. I don't always agree with his methodology, but we are all different and the graces we receive are all different. Lets make sure we see who the real enemy is, in this , the beginning of the tribulation.

Julia and (deleted member) like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

Perhaps.

But then again perhaps if we have no sense of the mystical we have a sense of nothing. The Church of the future will be truly mystic or it will be truly nothing. We cannot use the sword of the enemy in order to defeat him, for if we did in facing the dragon we should simply ourselves become the dragon.

That is why when Peter urged Jesus to refuse the road to the Cross Jesus said , 'Behind me Satan' ..and why when Peter drew his sword Jesus made him sheathe it.

18. Fatima

Fatima Guest

Tolerance is a virtue, but it is certainly not the principal virtue; the principal virtue is charity. Charity means speaking the truth... —Cardinal Raymond Burke, Brietbart.com, Sept. 22, 2013

Heidi likes this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes indeed for it was Jesus Himself who said:

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

But mirroring Jesus when we do speak it is through , with and in the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Love. For if it is not said in the Spirit of Love it becomes, simply, as Paul says cymbals chiming.

SO when we speak the Truth it is from a place of deepest prayer. Of deepest love, of the Heart of the Holy Spirit. This is what strikes the heart so much about true messages from the Blessed Virgin that they are coming from the very heart of heaven. In a real sense Mary is like a Wind Chimes , blown by the Wind of the Most Holy Spirit. This is a measure of the purity of Mary and of her prayers that like clear crystal the Holy Spirit can shine perfectly through her, that like the most Beautiful of Wind Chimes she only moves in Union with the Holy Spirit.

20. Roger Buck

Roger Buck Angels

Have been struggling a little as to what to say here. I do agree with a number of the beautiful things Padraig, amongst others, has been saying. It IS far more edifying and important to pray, go to Mass daily etc than watch this kind of material.

For that reason, I have hardly ever watched Voris.

That being said, I do feel that Voris and these lads are accurately seeing some very disturbing problems in Ireland right now, particularly in the South. Like Padraig I am up in the North - and it definitely seems a lot better up here. A LOT!

But my wife and I have been in the South recently where we received almost venomous replies, whilst making innocent enquiries about the Church.

I suppose in short: I unfortunately agree with Voris a lot on the diagnosis.

But I agree with Padraig on the remedy.

There is, as I said before, a definite sweetness and piety at this forum that is important, inspiring and which I feel missing in much of what I have seen from those who are angry and bitter.

Anger and bitterness are not the answer. But they are understandable all-too- human reactions - there is a very serious problem here ... The New Age imports, mainly ftom England and America, also gravely concern me.

Rae and Indy like this.