Medjugorje

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by ComeSoon!, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Ivan's apparition in the evening of October 18
    Our Lady said, " Praised be Jesus my dear children”

After that, she continued to pray over all of you present here who are sick, and after that, she prays with extended hands over all of us.

For a longer time Our Lady was praying in a special way for peace, for peace in the world. She is inviting us as well in a special way in this time to pray for peace.

After that, she gave us her motherly blessing and blessed everything you brought to be blessed. After that, I recommended all of you, all your needs, intentions, your families, in a special way all of you priests and your intentions. After that Our Lady continued to pray over all of us, and in this prayer she left in the sign of the light and the cross, greeting us: Go in peace my dear children.

Xavier, Carol55 and Sam like this.
  2. From a Spirit Daily report of a recent pilgrimage to Medjugorje
    Medjugorje, which according to long-time tour guides (including one of ours who has 31 years of experience) is seeing more pilgrims “than ever,” especially English-speaking ones, who are stretching the capacity not just of the church but also confessionals, meeting areas, and the Adoration hall. It is why the Vatican envoy, Archbishop Henryk Hoser, now assigned full-time to Medjugorje, has called for a revamping of its infrastructure, with rumors that a huge new church may one day be constructed in the vicinity.

[​IMG]Priests are literally shoulder-to-shoulder on the altar — at the English Masses, usually more than two dozen — while lines for Confession and at a bronze sculpting of the Risen Christ, which inexplicably emanates an oily water from a knee “wound” (though now not quite as continuously) are as lengthy as ever.

It was Saint John Paul II who first had an intense papal interest in Medjugorje (telling one priest from the parish to “protect it,” and calling it “the fulfillment of Fatima”), followed by Pope Benedict XVI (who as a cardinal headed off attempts by the local bishop to quash it, and as Pope established an official commission to study it), followed by Pope Francis, who was not quite as warm to Medjugorje as John Paul II but fully accepted the commission’s positive report and sent Archbishop Hoser as an envoy, approving official parish pilgrimages.

Those moves have proved to be watershed ones.

During apparitions streets around what is known as the “Blue Cross” often take on the appearance of Times Square as the clock ticks on December 31 to midnight. And Medjugorje continues to generate vocations: Recently, six new Franciscans were ordained, and hundreds of thousands of Hosts are distributed each month.

It was in the early messages of Medjugorje — which were diligently read each month by John Paul II — that a focus on youth emerged, with verbiage resembling that used later by the Pope when he established World Youth Day.

Unlike most of the Church, Medjugorje is highly popular among the young (our children always longed to revisit, and have now been here three — and in one case four — times).

(Hear ye, Western Church: the problem here is not empty pews but not enough of them.)

[​IMG]While a tremendous increase in hotels and similar accommodations has absorbed many of the pilgrims — with far more restaurants and other facilities to occupy pilgrims during the day, lessening the crush around the church — the numbers, particularly from Poland and Ireland, have skyrocketed, with the U.S. also on a significant upswing, sending more here than at any time since the Bosnian war in the early 1990s.

The war had led to a lengthy and steep decline in attendance that now has been reversed, partly in response to the Vatican enjoy and approval of official pilgrimages, and as widespread campaigns hurling invective against the site have faded.

The apparitions — the first week of which already have been declared “authentic” by a Vatican commission — have become what Archbishop Hoser calls “the spiritual lungs of Europe,” which, like America, needs all the oxygen it can get. As at Fatima and Lourdes, the Blessed Mother may be a bit more difficult to find — among all the buildings — but is still here, strong as ever.

–MHB

[Seer update: Jakov Colo remains in the village, and now administers a growing program to feed and otherwise assist the poor, currently supporting five hundred families; Vicka Ivankovic has not been greeting visitors, undergoing eleven recent surgeries for back problems; Ivanka Ivankovic also remains in her home just outside the village, keeping an extremely low profile, while Mirjana Dragicevic continues to have public apparitions each month at the Blue Cross near Apparition Hill, forsaking needed knee surgery because she wants to minister to pilgrims; Ivan Dragicevic is currently here in Medjugorje but spends most of his time in the Boston area; Marija Pavlovic, who receives the monthly message, lives mainly in Italy.]

Xavier and Sam like this.
  3. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Medjugorje – Manifestations, Adoration, Expectations, Fruits
    [​IMG]
    There we were—all 7,000-plus of us—engaged in Eucharistic Adoration at the outdoor altar of St. James, the parish church in Medjugorje. At Benediction, the priest held up the Blessed Sacrament. It was huge, but it has to be, in order to be seen by worshipers at the back of the outdoor prayer area. As he held up the pie-plate sized consecrated host – Our Lord’s body, blood, soul and divinity – we chanted the Kyrie Eleison three times. That’s when it all started.

Manifestations
    The demon could take it no longer. At every Christe Eleison, hair-raising, guttural growls and moaning emanated from the mouth of the one possessed by the demon. As we began praying the Divine Praises in Latin, each time we mentioned the name of Jesus or Mary, the demon continued with the growling sounds, which are hard to describe, but were something like a combination of growls and moans coming from the very depths of one’s being. I was near the very back of the assembly of pilgrims from all over the world, many rows behind the person who was suffering through this.

From my vantage point in the semi-lit area (it was nearing 10:00 p.m. local time), although I could clearly hear, I could not see exactly what was going on. It appeared, though, that those near the demonic manifestation continued praying through the incident, as did the rest of us. At the conclusion of Adoration, the crowd quickly disbanded, with people moving in all directions as they headed off the campus and back to their transportation or to accommodations for the evening. Others who have been to Medjugorje multiples times told us that this sort of occurrence is not uncommon. It certainly does speak to the fact that demons do exist, and to the fact that the consecrated hosts we consume at Mass really are the true body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ.

Expectations
    To say Medjugorje is an interesting pilgrimage site is a profound understatement. Readers probably are aware of challenges to the authenticity of the visions and all of what’s been going on there pretty much continuously since 1981. Naysayers have raised different objections about Medjugorje, its validity, sanctity, and so on. I am not here to address or refute those objections. Many others have done, and will continue to do, a more than adequate job in all of that. No—I want to share with you my personal perspective as a pilgrim who came to Medjugorje with no expectations of outward signs, apparitions or miracles. Rather, my wife and I went there to spend a week on a retreat in prayer and adoration. We were not disappointed. As I reflect on our time there, St. Paul’s advice comes to mind:

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Phil 4:8)

Honorable, Just, Pure, Lovely
    What is honorable, just, pure, lovely, gracious, or excellent about Medjugorje? Even though the commercial part of the village, and the crowds that visit it, have grown, there’s still a sense of peace surrounding the place. The local people are friendly and welcoming. Priests conduct Masses, adoration and veneration of the cross with an appropriate sense of reverence and dignity shown toward the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. It is the only community I’ve found where many, many people carry and pray the Rosary as they are walking. Dozens of priests hear confessions in a number of different languages. We took advantage of Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament which occurs at the outside altar twice a week, and veneration of the cross, once a week.

On top of this, we were able to pray inside the Adoration Chapel daily during the afternoon hours. Priests celebrate Mass every day of the week in a variety of languages, and we attended the English language Mass. In the evenings, we joined with other pilgrims, praying the Rosary before the 6:00 p.m. Croatian Mass. Behind the church stands the Statue of the Risen Christ. This bronze sculpture has been weeping droplets of a liquid substance since 2001. There is no valid scientific explanation for this phenomenon. We reverenced the sculpture and obtained some of the weeping liquid ourselves.

And then there are the occasional “miracles of the sun” where the sun seems to pulse or move in the sky. A companion pilgrim from our parish pointed out one such miracle to us as we came down from Apparition Hill. But through all of this, over the years, untold numbers of pilgrims have converted or reverted to the faith. Many have found religious vocations there. Others have come away with deeper conversions in their faith. The true fruits of Medjugorje don’t come in external signs and phenomena. They reside in the changed souls of the visitors to Medjugorje.

Reflecting on the Fruits
    We heard edifying, inspirational homilies during Mass each day—we had three priests in our pilgrimage cohort–what a blessing! Fr. Leon Pereira, OP, the Medjugorje Chaplain to English Speaking Pilgrims, and Father Branimir Musa from Tihaljina, a neighboring parish, gave us even more spiritual food for thought as well. Some key takeaways from all that we experienced include the fact that we all need to pray more. As St. Paul tells us, we should pray without ceasing.

Father Leon, I believe, asked us to consider key questions for our interior lives. He suggested we ask ourselves if we are living each day as if it were our last day, living and loving the Lord and one another, in the moment. Or do we fret over past incidents and worry about the future, taking our eyes off of Jesus and ignoring the needs of our fellow sojourners? Father Branimir suggested that we look forward, out to our last day here on earth. When we do come to our last day in this life, will we look back with regret over the fact that we could have prayed more, and prayed more fervently?

There’s no time like the present to make some course corrections in our lives if need be. Mary pleads with us to do so. She has been doing this not only at Medjugorje, but at Fatima and other apparition sites as well. Our Blessed Mother will intercede for us, for the graces we need to help us change our lives. Jesus wants us to come to Him, to be one with Him, but He needs our cooperation. That’s the essence of the message here: be faithful to God’s graces, cooperate with Him to grow in holiness. How? Pray the Rosary from the heart, pray with Scripture, frequent the sacraments, and fast. It’s all very much part of our Catholic faith. We just need to live it with vigor.

The Bottom Line
    So, what’s the story with Medjugorje? My wife and I received immeasurable graces and blessings from our pilgrimage there. There is a saying that, if one goes to Medjugorje, it’s because Our Lady has called them to do so. She called us, and we are grateful that she did. We’d do it again, regardless of what skeptics claim, and with or without a pulsing sun.

O Mary, Queen of Peace, pray for us.

https://www.catholicstand.com/medjugorje-manifestations-adoration-expectations-fruits/

Xavier, Shae, SteveD and 4 others like this.
  4. Sam

Sam Powers

Is It The Time of the Ten Secrets?
    Dan Lynch
    October 2, 2019

On September 2, 2019, Our Lady appeared to Medjugorje visionary Mirjana Soldo and said, “I am telling you that it is high time for you to kneel before my Son to acknowledge Him as your God, the center of your life.”

According to the Mystic Post website, Father Livio Fanzaga, Director of Radio Maria in Medjugorje, translated the original message in Croatian to mean “no time” rather than “high time.” He said, “I believe that the time of secrets coincides with the 40th year of appearances.” Less than two years are left before that anniversary.

We should also be mindful that in her July 25th message Our Lady told visionary Marija, “Little children, trials will come and you will not be strong, and sin will reign but, if you are mine, you will win, because your refuge will be the Heart of my Son Jesus.

Therefore, little children, return to prayer until prayer becomes life for you in the day and the night. Thank you for having responded to my call.”

Will you be ready when the trials come? Could these “trials” refer to the ten secrets? Will the secrets soon be revealed?

Father Petar Ljubicic (designated recipient of Mirjana’s secrets) said, “Everything is closer and closer…God has to do something very quickly.” Are you ready?

I had a personal interview with visionary Mirjana regarding the ten secrets. It is contained in my book, The Ten Secrets of the Blessed Virgin Mary, How to Prepare for Their Warnings. You may obtain it here.

[​IMG]

5. Sam

Sam Powers

Message, 25. October 2019
    “Dear children! Today I call you to prayer. May prayer be a balm to your soul, because the fruit of prayer is joy, giving and witnessing God to others - through your life. Little children, in complete surrender to God, He will take care of everything and will bless you; and your sacrifices will have meaning. I am with you and bless all of you with my motherly blessing. Thank you for having responded to my call.”

Xavier, Carol55, josephite and 2 others like this.
  6. SteveD

SteveD Archangels

I have believed for years that Medjugorje is closely linked to Exodus and that our 'wandering in the wilderness' will end around the 40th anniversary of the first apparition. We even now have the worship of idols occurring like the Israelites in the desert! 2021 is the year that we should all look out for. May we be prepared for what is to come.

Xavier, Joan J, Blizzard and 2 others like this.
  7. Also in Exodus chapter 19 before the Theophany, the LORD gives Moses and the people 3 days to prepare (similar to how we will have 3 days before the manifestation of the revealed secret).

And he said to him: Go to the people, and sanctify them to day, and to morrow, and let them wash their garments. 11And let them be ready against the third day; for on the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people, upon Mount Sinai. 12And thou shalt appoint certain limits to the people round about, and thou shalt say to them: Take heed ye go not up into the mount, and that ye touch not the borders thereof: every one that toucheth the mount, dying he shall die. 13No hands shall touch him, but he shall be stoned to death, or he shall be shot through with arrows: whether it be beast, or man, he shall not live. When the trumpet shall begin to sound, then let them go up into the mount. 14And Moses came down from the mount to the people, and sanctified them. And when they had washed their garments, 15He said to them: Be ready against the third day, and come not near your wives.

Xavier, Carol55, Blizzard and 2 others like this.
  8. Sam

Sam Powers

I definitely think it is the 40 year cleansing of a sinful generation. Has there ever been a generation a wicked as this one? Lately I've been thinking of David and Goliath.

A champion named Goliath of Gath came out from the Philistine camp; he was six cubits and a span tall.
    8He stood and shouted to the ranks of Israel: “Why come out in battle formation? I am a Philistine, and you are Saul’s servants. Choose one of your men, and have him come down to me. 9If he beats me in combat and kills me, we will be your vassals; but if I beat him and kill him, you shall be our vassals and serve us.” 10The Philistine continued: “I defy the ranks of Israel today. Give me a man and let us fight together.” 11When Saul and all Israel heard this challenge of the Philistine, they were stunned and terrified.

16 For forty days the Philistine came forward every morning and evening and took his stand.

While he was talking with them, the Philistine champion, by name Goliath of Gath, came up from the ranks of the Philistines and spoke as before, and David listened.

38 Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. 39 David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them.

“I cannot go in these,” he said to Saul, “because I am not used to them.” So he took them off. 40 Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd’s bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine.

45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”

48 As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him. 49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.

50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.

51 David ran and stood over him. He took hold of the Philistine’s sword and drew it from the sheath. After he killed him, he cut off his head with the sword.

So again the number forty and the five stones which in Medjugorje we say we use our 5 stones to defeat satan. Our Lady, Our Little Mother as St. M Kolbe called her, has been raising her army of little ones, with her heel as Louie De Monfort calls us, will defeat satan in the definitive battle.

9. Sam

Sam Powers

I know we keep saying time is short, but every thing seems to be coming to a climax. I'll just leave with this. These two prayers from Medjugorje given by Our Lady to pray daily have really been impressed on my heart as a necessity to pray every day. I know Medjugorje does not speak of the warning, but it seems these prayers are a preparation for the warning.

O Jesus, we know that You are
    merciful and that You gave
    Your Heart for us, that was
    crowned with thorns by our sins;
    We know that even today You
    are still ¬pleading with us so that
    we will not be lost. Jesus,
    remember us when we are in sin.

By means of Your Sacred Heart,
    grant us, that all men love one
    another; Cause hatred to
    disappear from among men.

Show us Your Love,
    for we all love You,
    and want You to protect us
    with your Shepherd’s Heart
    and free us from all sin.

Jesus, enter into each heart.
    Knock on the door of our hearts.
    Be patient and unwearied with us.
    We are still closed, since we still have
    not yet understood Your love for us.

Knock persistently and grant,
    O Good Jesus, that we open our hearts
    to You, at least when we will have
    remembered the passion
    You suffered for us. Amen.

Jesus to St. Faustina:
    Before I come as the just judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort: "All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take place shortly before the last day. "

The second prayer to Our Lady:

O Immaculate Heart of Mary,
    overflowing with goodness,
    show us Your love for us.
    May the flame of Your heart,
    O Mary, descend upon all mankind.

We love You so.
    Impress true love in our hearts
    that we may have a continuous
    desire for You.

O Mary, meek and humble of heart,
    remember us when we are in sin.
    You know that all men sin.
    Grant to us by means of
    Your Immaculate Heart, to be
    healed from every spiritual illness.

In doing so, we then will be able
    to gaze upon the goodness
    of Your Maternal Heart,
    and thus be converted through
    the flame of Your Heart. Amen

I think we may have been shown something of this from Sr. Lucia:

82acd4a445bddd99ca46c116f90d6ce9--religious-images-religious-art.jpg

10. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Very likely.

There seems to be a quickening of events, both material and spiritual.

Besides, there´s the age of those who will announce the secrets, both in Medj and in Garabandal.

In 2021:

Conchita of Garabandal will be 72 years old.

Father Petar will be 75.

The Medjugorje seers will be in their mid-50s.

Joan J and Waiting by the window like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I'm thinking sooner. But these are valid points. No one but God knows for sure.

Xavier, Joan J, Carol55 and 2 others like this.
  12. Sam

Sam Powers

Message to Mirjana Soldo of November 2, 2019

Dear children,

My beloved Son always prayed and glorified the Heavenly Father. He always said everything to Him and trusted in His will. This is what you, my children, should also do, because the Heavenly Father always listens to His children. One heart in one heart – love, light and life.

The Heavenly Father gave Himself through a human face, and this face is the face of my Son. You, apostles of my love, you should always carry the face of my Son in your hearts and your thoughts. You should always think of His love and His sacrifice. You should pray to always feel His presence, because, apostles of my love, that is the way for you to help all those who do not know my Son, who have not come to know His love.

My children, read the book of the Gospel. It is always something new, it is what binds you to my Son who was born to bring the words of life to all of my children and to sacrifice Himself for all. Apostles of my love, carried by the love for my Son, bring love and peace to all of your brothers. Judge no one. Love everyone according to the love for my Son. In this way, you will also be caring for your soul, and it [your soul] is that what is most precious, which truly belongs to you. Thank you.

mail.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  13. Mario

Mario Powers

Thank you, Sam!

The Heavenly Father gave Himself through a human face, and this face is the face of my Son. You, apostles of my love, you should always carry the face of my Son in your hearts and your thoughts. You should always think of His love and His sacrifice.

2Cor 4:6 For it is the God who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Xavier and Waiting by the window like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

Noice the way Our Blessed Mother urges us to retunr to Drinkthe Waters of the Uncontaminated Source of the Pure Gospel.

THe very first thing the Modernists in the Vatican say is that the Gospels, Scripute, got it wrong.

Xavier and Waiting by the window like this.
  15. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

This will be good to take to Adoration. Thank you :)

16. Sam

Sam Powers

Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?e 10Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works.f

17. Sam

Sam Powers

From Cathy Nolan at Mary TV about-Are we having an inner dialogue with God or with ourselves

[​IMG]
    (c)Mary TV / Anthony Zubac 2019

November 4, 2019
    St. Charles Borromeo

Dear Family of Mary!

"Dear children, my beloved Son always prayed and glorified the Heavenly Father. He always said everything to Him and trusted in His will. This is what you, my children, should also do, because the Heavenly Father always listens to His children. One heart in one heart - love, light and life..." (November 2, 2019)

Our Lady has spoken about prayer throughout her time in Medjugorje. She has called for prayer, over and over again, in her messages. She has tried to teach us to pray with the heart. It is the first of the five stones. To pray. To pray with the heart. In this message she helps us to understand in a very practical way what prayer is. "...my beloved Son always prayed and glorified the Heavenly Father. He always said everything to Him and trusted in His will."

Jesus always prayed. Jesus always glorified the Heavenly Father. Jesus always said everything to the Father. And Jesus always trusted what the Father said to Him. He trusted the Father's instructions, the Father's will. This was the amazing life of prayer that Jesus lived.

I have been aware recently that one of my biggest obstacles to prayer is that I do not always say everything to God. I constantly have an inner conversation. It is a running dialogue about my life: What should I eat today? What should I wear? How can I solve this problem or that? But it is always an inner dialogue with myself.

But Our Lady says that Jesus "always said everything to [the Father] and trusted in His will." Jesus was not having an inner conversation with Himself. He was always turned toward the Father. He was always in communion with His Father. They were and are one! "One heart in one heart - love, light and life!"

In the Scriptures, the Lord Himself spoke about this problem of only having an interior dialogue with one's self. Listen to the story of the Pharisee and the tax collector from Luke:

He then addressed this parable to those who were convinced of their own righteousness and despised everyone else. "Two people went up to the temple area to pray; one was a Pharisee and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee took up his position and spoke this prayer to himself, 'O God, I thank you that I am not like the rest of humanity-greedy, dishonest, adulterous-or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week, and I pay tithes on my whole income.' But the tax collector stood off at a distance and would not even raise his eyes to heaven but beat his breast and prayed, 'O God, be merciful to me a sinner.' I tell you, the latter went home justified, not the former; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and the one who humbles himself will be exalted." (Luke 18: 9-14)

Both men were in the Temple to pray. But who actually prayed and who only talked to himself? The Pharisee was so enamored with his own holiness, that all he could do was congratulate himself. It was the tax collector who actually prayed, humiliated as he was by his sin.

Our Lady wants us to have a running conversation with the Father just like Jesus. This interior dialogue we have going on all the time can become prayer. God is with us always, listening, waiting for us to speak to Him. All we have to do is realize His presence. Jesus knew the Father was always with Him. And His entire life was spent walking and talking with the Father.

We can live a life of communion with God!! One heart in one heart - love, light and life!!! May we learn to turn our interior dialogue into prayer, a heart to heart conversation with the Lord. We will be changed!!

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
    Cathy Nolan
    © Mary TV 2019

Xavier, Blizzard, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  18. Thanks, Sam for this post. I obtained this book and it contains an important statement that Mirjana made. She said she never had an apparition on October 25, 1985. The reason why this is important is because of a largely circulated story https://www.spiritdaily.org/mirjanasecret.htm Also when I looked at Mirjana's authorized book about the apparitions, 'My Heart Will Triumph,' she doesn't mention any such apparition on Oct. 25, 1985. I am glad for Mirjana's clarification about this and for Judge Lynch putting it forth for readers.

Xavier likes this.
  19. earthtoangels

earthtoangels Powers

Archbishop Carballo in Međugorje

"Each time I come to Medjugorje, I feel as if I am at home"

Archbishop José Rodríguez Carballo, the Secretary for the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, visited Medjugorje and radio Mir facilities during his 6th visit to this place.

''Each time I come to Medjugorje, I feel as if I am at home, in the home of my Mother. You see, all of her children are welcome here and my Herzegovinian Franciscan brothers welcomed me on each occasion as if I was one of them. I really enjoy to be here and I need to thank our Pope Francis for having chosen Archbishop Hoser as the Apostolic Visitor here and for having permitted official pilgrimages to Medjugorje”, said Msgr. Carballo and he explained the reasons for his visit this time to Medjugorje.

''I came to meet with the various communities who are here in Medjugorje, 18 new communities. What is my point? The Church has a place for all! Just like Franciscans, once they decide to follow their community, the same is for all new communities and members of the consecrated life, all under one condition, that they follow the Church and place the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the center of their lives”, said Msgr. Carballo who was the main celebrant on Saturday evening in the church of St. James. Fr. Marinko Šakota, OFM, welcomed and greeted him at the beginning of this solemn celebration, along with Fr. Miljenko Steko, OFM, the Provincial of Herzegovinian Franciscan Province and 29 priests concelebrating.

Archbishop Carballo invited all to live the logics of giving, as that is God’s logics. ''I invite you and me, let us live in that logics, for God and for the others. Let us live so we would die in what we have, as only in that way we could be born to the eternal life. We came here from different parts of the world, in this place where one can feel Our Lady’s presence and she is the one who completely lived that logics, gave herself to God and to the others.''

Fr. Marinko invited him at the end to come for the Youth Festival next year again.

''Wherever we go to 163 countries where Franciscans serve, we find our brothers there. Thank you for making me feel at home. Let us all go home converted, holy, a bit different than we were when we came here and let us seek for that grace from Our Lady, so we would become a blessing to others. Tell everyone that Mary loves them all and there is a room for all in her heart, even for those who are mostly lost and in sorrow. Please pray for me, for the Holy Father and for the Church and peace in this world”, said Msgr. Carballo at the end of his homily. Prior to being appointed as the Secretary for the Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, he previously served as the General Minister of the Order of Friars Minor.

https://ingodscompany2.blogspot.com/2019/11/archbishop-carballo-in-meugorje.html

Xavier and Sam like this.
  20. November 25, 2019

“Dear children! May this time be a time of prayer for you. Without God you do not have peace. Therefore, little children, pray for peace in your hearts and families, so that Jesus can be born in you and give you His love and blessing. The world is at war because hearts are full of hatred and jealousy. In the eyes, little children, peacelessness is seen because you have not permitted Jesus to be born in your lives. Seek Him, pray, and He will give Himself to you in the Child who is joy and peace. I am with you and I pray for you. Thank you for having responded to my call.”

Xavier, Bella, Sanctus and 1 other person like this.
  21. Sam

Sam Powers

Today is the Feast of the Miraculous Medal and I received this in the mail today: {my emphasis}

It was exactly 30 years ago today (Nov. 27, 1989) when Our Lady of Medjugorje gave a message to Ivan's prayer group at the Blue Cross. Here is an account of the apparition and Our Lady's message, as recorded by Nedjo Brecic, the founder of our prayer group:

The following happened on Monday 27 November 1989. The meeting was only for the prayer group, at Blue Cross at 10 pm. This message was given to Marija, who was standing in for Ivan. Our Lady came joyful and she said:

"These days, I want you to pray in a special way for the salvation of souls. Today is the feast day of the miraculous medal, and I want that you pray, in a special way, for the salvation of those people who are carrying this miraculous medal. I want you to spread the devotion and the carrying of this medal, so that more souls may be saved, and that you pray in a special way."

Xavier likes this.