Medjugorje Message, 25 January 2011

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by garabandal, Jan 25, 2011.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Medjugorje Message, 25 January 2011

Dear Children,
    Also today I am with you and I am looking at you and blessing you, and I am not losing hope that this world will change for the good and that peace will reign in the hearts of men. Joy will begin to reign in the world because you have opened yourselves to my call and to God’s love. The Holy Spirit is changing a multitude of those who have said ‘yes’. Therefore I desire to say to you: thank you for having responded to my call.

2. jmj

jmj New Member

So encouraging! Thank you , Dear Mother!

3. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

See here! When I see Mary's message I think- Oh good, now we are delaying things a bit. Can't get to into a timeline panic yet- we keep modifying it. I know eventually we will have to go through somewhat of a chastizement but "birth pangs" apparently can last a long time.
    God's blessing on us all and give us the ability to prepare, through prayer for what is to come.

indulging in a bit of the paranoia...
    I was glad to see that the article tied to the Dailyspirit indicated that my home is not within the range of the Yellowstone ash fall when it blows. Those of you out west and welcome to come stay with me when that happens by the way. LOL Its easy to get pretty excited when you see such articles, not that stuff isn't happening right now. Did you see the 10,000 cows in Vietnam? The country is so small- I can't imagine how devistating that would be for them.
    Prayers for our world's loss of so many.
    Pray, Pray, Pray Kath

4. jmj

jmj New Member

That's very true! I'm not an expert at this stuff. But I think these Signs is the start, becaus no man has seen chaos like we are today. I just feel it, but maybe that's why things are not moving faster as they should by now. God is so merciful!

5. phu618

phu618 New Member

Why is Our Lady so hopeful? Could it be that, with the impending collapse of manmade institutions and the general loss of confidence in such institutions among the common people, we are now on the verge of a major spiritual crisis on the individual level? When people lose all hope in other people - that is, the leaders they elect and organizations they go to so they won't have to bear the consequences of their own actions or ignorance - perhaps they'll finally see their need for God or, in the case of nominal believers, how little they really know God. When that happens, the Devil loses a significant element of his power over the world, because every additional soul that looks inwardly to fight the battle for eternity is one less soul that sows discontent and mistrust outwardly.

After all, the true underlying reason that contemporary society is such a mess is that people are wired to think that they deserve God's gifts on a gold platter just because they're alive, and when they don't get what they want or as much as they want, or if something is taken away from them, it's naturally someone else's fault. There can be no peace between men because men are inwardly at war with God and with their very selves. But by God's sheer mercy, many will be brought to the same revelation that Jacob received: he directly fought God and God spared him, proving to be his true ally in the only real struggle - the struggle with his rebellious self.

I quote Soviet dissident Alexander Solzhenitsyn (1919-2008), one of the individuals in Russia who Our Lady of Fatima must have foreknown in her assurance that Russia will eventually ditch Communism and return to God:

What more needs to be said to provide a good summary of universal spiritual truth?

6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Our Lady is hopeful because a multitude have said YES!

What does this mean?

Yes is the word that changed the world for our Lady's YES to the will of God undid the knot of
    Eve's disobedience. Our Lady's yes birthed the Word Incarnate and brought to us the saviour of the
    world, the Man-God Jesus Christ. Our Lady's Yes crushed the head of evil forever. Our Lady's yes was
    a profound act of faith, hope and love for her whole will was ordered towards the will of God. The
    mercy of God came to us through the yes of Mary.

A multitude have uttered this yes in imitation of Mary, Theotokos, God-bearer, a profound yes to
    God, a complete conversion to a life of faith, hope and love and saintly living. A multitude have responded
    generously to their spiritual mother through Medjugorje. There are many, many saints because of Medjugorje.

These are exciting times indeed and the prophecy of St Louis De Montford is being fulfilled before our
    very eyes

"....towards the end of the world, ....Almighty God and His holy Mother are to raise up saints who will surpass in holiness most other saints as much as the cedars of Lebanon tower above little shrubs."17

"These great souls filled with grace and zeal will be chosen to oppose the enemies of God who are raging on all sides. They will be exceptionally devoted to the Blessed Virgin. Illumined by her light, strengthened by her spirit, supported by her arms, sheltered under her protection, they will fight with one hand and build with the other. With one hand they will give battle, overthrowing and crushing heretics and their heresies, schismatics and their schisms, idolaters and their idolatries, sinners and their wickedness. With the other hand they will build the temple of the true Solomon and the mystical city of God, namely, the Blessed Virgin... "18

"They will be like thunderclouds flying through the air at the slightest breath of the Holy Spirit. Attached to nothing, surprised at nothing, they will shower down the rain of God's word and of eternal life. They will thunder against sin; they will storm against the world; they will strike down the devil and his followers and for life and for death, they will pierce through and through with the two-edged sword of God's word all those against whom they are sent by Almighty God."19

"They will be true apostles of the latter times to whom the Lord of Hosts will give eloquence and strength to work wonders and carry off glorious spoils from His enemies. They will sleep without gold or silver and, more important still, without concern in the midst of other priests, ecclesiastics and clerics. Yet they will have the silver wings of the dove enabling them to go wherever the Holy Spirit calls them, filled as they are, with the resolve to seek the glory of God and the salvation of souls. Wherever they preach, they will leave behind them nothing but the gold of love, which is the fulfillment of the whole law."20

"They will have the two-edged sword of the Word of God in their mouths and the bloodstained standard of the Cross on their shoulders. They will carry the Crucifix in their right hand and the rosary in their left, and the holy names of Jesus and Mary on their heart.21

"Mary scarcely appeared in the first coming of Christ... But in the second coming of Jesus Christ, Mary must be known and openly revealed by the Holy Spirit so that Jesus may be known, loved and served through her."22

Thank you Jesus and Mary for St. Louis Marie de Montfort.

7. jmj

jmj New Member

Excellent explanations! Makes sense to me. T hat's why Glenn Beck is a blessing. He's helping us Americans to be of virtue, and by being of virtue-we will make our country of virtue.

8. darrell

darrell New Member

I just about fell over when I read this message from Our Lady. I was part of the core team that put on a retreat this past weekend, and the theme is "Discipleship". We ask the participants if they will say "yes" to giving the Holy Spirit permission to work in their lives. So when I read this line - "The Holy Spirit is changing a multitude of those who have said ‘yes’." - I felt like Our Lady gave us a little smile.

What an incredibly positive message of hope!
    Our God is so very, very good to send Blessed Mary to us. :D

9. Mario

Mario Powers

Last night I went to an Evening of Reflection led by a Father Edward Hopkins, LC. His meditation centered on the virtue of hope. Fr. Edward said hope centers not so much on our expectations of God; rather, it focuses on God's hope for each of us! Numerous examples were given. The one that stands out for me is Zaccheus, the tax collector. What was his hope- to catch a glimpse of Jesus. But the Lord's expectation for Zaccheus was far beyond what he could ask for or imagine! First, there was the opportunity to dine together. More importantly, there was conversion, salvation, and a heartfelt response of generosity. The scribes saw only a sinner, but look what Jesus accomplished in one soul! Alleluia! :eek:

Today, Mary's hope is so much larger than our own! I am tempted to gaze despairingly at the world and hope Jesus will salvage some good. How small and pitiful of me. No, Mary reminds us. A multitude of conversions are occurring! The world is changing for good! Maybe not institutions, but hearts! Peace will reign! Our prayers and our fastings make a difference! Let us rejoice! May we be given Mary's eyes that are filled with hope as she perceives the mighty hand of God at work! It is far beyond what we can ask or imagine!

Psalm 2:1 Why do the nations conspire, and the peoples plot in vain? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and his anointed, saying, 3 "Let us burst their bonds asunder, and cast their cords from us." 4 He who sits in the heavens laughs; the LORD has them in derision. 5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and terrify them in his fury, saying, 6 "I have set my king on Zion, my holy hill."

Jesus Christ reigns in mercy, love, and justice! No one is able to thwart his plan or timetable! Alleluia! :D :D Oh, it's time to dance!

10. jmj

jmj New Member

Amen! May we never cease praising Thee and Thy Divine Son! Praised be Jesus Christ now and forever!

11. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

What a beautiful message from our mother. All of heaven must rejoice with each new "yes" and giving our mother much hope for our future.

what a powerful statement this is. When we say yes, our lives can be changed. Has anyone felt this change in their lives? I know the Lord has been whittling away at my bad habits...ones that keep me from getting closer to God. As Fr Corapi says, when God molds you, try to be soft like clay and not hard like metal...it's less painful if we are willing to be molded than rigid like metal. I admit I've been more metal than clay...but God is molding none the less...it's up to us how painful the change will be. I'm so stubborn in hanging onto my ways my changes tend to be painful. Anyone else?

12. jmj

jmj New Member

"Joy will begin to reing in the world..." I see another meaning to this: Jou will reing in the world, because Our Lord's glorious return is soon, thus ushering in the era of peace. This could mean that events will speed up rapidly, so it'll come and go swiftly, tthough without suffering. We hace joy, because it is soon.

13. jmj

jmj New Member

Sorry, I meant though not without suffering.