Medjugorje message 2 February 2013

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by garabandal, Feb 2, 2013.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Message for Unbelievers

February 2, 2013 Message to Mirjana

Today, February 2, 2013, Our Lady appeared to the visionary Mirjana and delivered the following message:
    "Dear children; Love is bringing me to you - the love which I desire to teach you also - real love; the love which my Son showed you when He died on the Cross out of love for you; the love which is always ready to forgive and to ask for forgiveness. How great is your love? My motherly heart is sorrowful as it searches for love in your hearts. You are not ready to submit your will to God's will out of love. You cannot help me to have those who have not come to know God's love to come to know it, because you do not have real love. Consecrate your hearts to me and I will lead you. I will teach you to forgive, to love your enemies and to live according to my Son. Do not be afraid for yourselves. In afflictions my Son does not forget those who love. I will be beside you. I will implore the Heavenly Father for the light of eternal truth and love to illuminate you. Pray for your shepherds so that through your fasting and prayer they can lead you in love. Thank you."

2. Mario

Mario Powers

I will teach you to forgive, to love your enemies and to live according to my Son.

Our Lady stresses that love and mercy go hand-in-hand, essential virtues of the disciples of Jesus.

Do not be afraid for yourselves.

The love of Jesus casts out all fear.

I will implore the Heavenly Father for the light of eternal truth and love to illuminate you.

Without truth love is mushy; without love truth is judgmental.

May our beloved priests be given the grace to live this out!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

3. Fatima

Fatima Guest

I am convinced Mary has in strore something special for those that FAST and pray. Perhaps those who take on the discipline of fasting on bread and water, on Wednesdays and Friday's as she has asked for at Medjugorje, will receive special graces for discernment in these end times. Lord knows, we will not be able to perservere without this grace.

4. padraig

padraig New Member

Such a beautiful message. Bring love and you will find love.

i must be much , much more kinder and loving to the people I work with. So that they me see God in me.

I remember what one Anglican Minister said on meeting St John Vianney, 'I have found God in a man!'

[​IMG]

5. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

beautiful message as always from our mother. very rich and deep and something I need to take away and contemplate.

Now, I know these messages are supposed to be for unbelievers, but they seem to be directed towards those of us thinking about full conversion or stumbling our way to deeper conversion (like myself :)) and not towards an "unbeliever" or someone who does not know the love of God yet.

Any thoughts on this?

6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

You are right. Given the prevailing culture unbelief has entered every home in one form or another. I have been challenged by these messages to root the unbelief out of my life.

For me the most powerful lines in the recent message are about us 'believers' as our Lady accuses us of being half-hearted or half-Christian:

You are not ready to submit your will to God’s will out of love. You cannot help me to have those who have not come to know God’s love to come to know it, because you do not have real love.

Here she is asking us to give God the ultimate gift that we can give - our free will. So often we cling to our own will but she is saying if we truly want to be saints He must have everything. There can be no half way house if we truly want to be converted for when we are fully converted we can help those 'who have not come to know God's love'. There a heavy responsibility upon us 'believers' since we are close to the messages.

7. RantingCatholicMom

RantingCatholicMom New Member

Take Lord, receive all my liberty, my memory, my understanding, my entire will. You have given all to me. To You, Lord, I return it. Do with it what You will. Give me only Your love and Your grace. That is enough for me.

8. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Guest

Thank you for all of your precious insights, fellow Mother of God posters! I thought the part I will implore the Heavenly Father for the light of eternal truth and love to illuminate you. was very thought provoking because I wondered if Our Lady is asking the Heavenly Father to give us the illumination of all consciences. The very thought of it being close is so amazing. One of the Medjugorje seers has said that when all the turmoil is over, the people who have really tried to draw close to Our Lord won't be able to thank Him enough for the graces.

9. padraig

padraig New Member

It is only a suggestion but maybe beofre the Illumination of Conscience it might be a good idea in preparation for God to grant us the grace to see ourselves a little more as others /God sees us in preparation.

A good way of doing this is regular confession/examination of conscience.

Getting hit with a lot of this stuff up the face at the one go maybe a little overwhelming. Better to cook the food gently at first I think.;)

[​IMG]

Prayer for Conversion

St. Augustine
    O God, Framer of the universe, grant me first rightly to invoke Thee; then to show myself worthy to be heard by Thee; lastly, deign to set me free. God, through whom all things which of themselves were not, tend to be. God, who out of nothing hast created this world, which the eyes of all perceive to be most beautiful. God, the Father of truth, the Father of wisdom, the Father of the true and crowning life, the Father of blessedness, the Father of that which is good and fair, the Father of intelligible light, the Father of our awakening and illumination, the Father of the pledge by which we are admonished to return to Thee.
    God, from whom to be turned away, is to fall: to whom to be turned back, is to rise again: in whom to abide, is to stand firm. God, from whom to go forth, is to die: to whom to return, is to revive: in whom to have our dwelling, is to live. God, whom no one loses, unless deceived: whom no one seeks, unless stirred up: whom no one finds, unless made pure. God, by whom we distinguish good from ill. God, by whom we flee evil, and follow good. God, who leadest us to the door of life. God, who causest it to be opened to them that knock. God, who givest us the bread of life. God, who cleansest us, and preparest us for Divine rewards, come graciously to me.
    Thou the only God, come unto my help. God, whom all things serve, that serve, to whom is compliant every virtuous soul. By whose laws the poles revolve, the stars fulfill their courses, the sun enlivens the day, the moon tempers the night: and all the framework of things, day after day by turns of light and gloom, month after month by waxings and wanings of the moon, year after year by unceasing order of spring and summer and fall and winter, and through the mighty orbs of time, folding and refolding upon themselves, as the stars still recur to their first conjunctions, maintains, so far as mere visible matter allows, the mighty constancy of things. God, by whose laws the choice of the soul is free, and to the good rewards and to the evil pains are distributed by necessities settled throughout all natures. Who hast made man after Thine image and likeness, as he who has come to know himself discovers. Hear me, hear me, graciously hear me, my God, my Lord, my King, my Father, my Cause, my Hope, my Wealth, my Honor, my House, my Country, my Health, my Light, my Life. Hear, hear, hear me graciously, in that way, all Thine own, which though known to few is to those few known so well.
    Henceforth Thee alone do I love, Thee alone I follow, Thee alone I seek, Thee alone am I prepared to serve, for Thou alone art rightly Lord, and of Thy lordship I desire to be. Direct, I pray, and command whatever Thou wilt, but heal and open my ears, that I may hear Thine utterances. Heal and open my eyes, that I may behold the signs of thy command. Drive delusion from me, that I may recognize Thee. O Lord, most merciful Father receive, I pray, Thy fugitive; enough already, surely, have I been punished, long enough have I served Thine enemies, whom Thou hast under Thy feet, long enough has error had its way with me. To Thee I feel I must return: I knock; may Thy door be opened to me; teach me the way to Thee.

10. CRW

CRW New Member

Sounds like Sunday's mass reading:

Second reading
    1 Corinthians 12:31-13:13
    So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Brothers and sisters: Strive eagerly for the greatest spiritual gifts. But I shall show you a still more excellent way.
    If I speak in human and angelic tongues, but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy, and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, it is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
    Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing. For we know partially and we prophesy partially, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things. At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known. So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Cecil

11. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Guest

Thank you, Padraig, for the St. Augustine prayer of conversion. It is beautiful. I want to add that I "like" many, many postings I read, but since I don't have a facebook account (and I am not going to get one) I can not show that I like most of the postings I read. I came to this forum because I was searching for an english translation of the Edson Glauber messages in Brazil. I am not sure how it led me to this forum, but it is extremely interesting.

12. padraig

padraig New Member

Thank you MAry for your kind words.

I think the internet is like a pilgrimage , we often end up in places becasue we are meant to be there, a bit like Mr Sheen in the film, 'THe Way'. :)

THere is a little like button below where you can show appreciation of posts.

Listen to Martin SHeen describe what a pilgrimage is; he is describing this forum.