May 14 Pope calls all faiths together to pray

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Child of God, May 8, 2020.

1. Child of God

Child of God New Member

https://www.americamagazine.org/fai...ders-calling-world-day-prayer-end-coronavirus

Any thoughts on this?
    This is same day Israel declared itself as nation, and same day President Trump declared Jerusalem as the Capital.
    Also, in Pedro Regis last message on May 5, our Blessed Mother tells that “Something astonishing will happen in the House of God and many will have their faith shaken.”
    Could this be a hint at one world religion?

Not being critical of the entire world praying together, that would be great!
    .....possibly Wolf in Sheep clothing?

Julia and Carol55 like this.
  2. gracia

gracia Archangels

I don't know. Pope John Paul II the Great did things like this. He was very, very gracious towards Jews and Muslims, perhaps a bit too generous in the thoughts of some, yet he was still a very good Pope. Benedict has done similar things. I am somewhat cautious about this, but others have done as much.

I think that one of the biggest IDs for the AntiChrist will be a denial of the necessity and uniqueness of Jesus Christ. And a denial of His Precious Blood. Many religions acknowledge Him as a Prophet, but balk at His atoning death and His resurrection, and His Deity.

3. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

I think that when the antichrist appears to forge some evidence to deny the resurrection of Christ, something like finding bones and somehow attributing it to him, that would be a final test for people who are willing to follow the truth to some extent, but who tremble when they are confronted by false science and the media in general.

Child of God and Julia like this.
  4. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I am willing to pray and fast that day for the good of all men in supplication to God. Remember, the enemy loves to attempt to divide mankind one from another by quibbling over differences and pointing out our faults. We are not bound to one another by these things but by the spirit of God which is in us.

I agree with Gracia. AC will deny Christ and exalt himself. We should be particularly careful when it comes to judging other faiths which may have much more in common with us than we know and we are called to live with in peace and work good.

Be not deceived, God is not mocked. [8] For what things a man shall sow, those also shall he reap. For he that soweth in his flesh, of the flesh also shall reap corruption. But he that soweth in the spirit, of the spirit shall reap life everlasting. [9] And in doing good, let us not fail. For in due time we shall reap, not failing. [10] Therefore, whilst we have time, let us work good to all men, but especially to those who are of the household of the faith.

5. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Prayer and fasting sounds like a wonderful suggestion. Let's pray that this event bears good fruit. +
    But reading about this event, I have visions of pachamama from the October synod in my mind. :eek:

6. padraig

padraig New Member

Sounds great.

Anything this guy does makes me nervous. So sad you have to check and recheck.

7. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Each and every time we are told there will be a big announcement these days, I cringe. Currently in cringe mode. :sick:

We have been told to join the muslims in their ramadan fast. That is a joke for a start, because all they do is eat at night instead of the day.

Maybe we will be invited to attend a mosque and bow to that rock in mecca. Only God knows who or what we will be recommended to bow to next.

On the other hand we might get a Christian message, now that would do our hearts good. But I won't be holding my breath. Keep Watch and Pray.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

Ramadan is actually based on our own Lent as are quite a few other things in Islam. I always thought of their proscription against drinking water during the day an unwise one, especially inthe desert environment in which they originally lived. I can't think of any Scripture off hand which recommends fasting from water.

One thing about Islam I like is their reverence for Our Lady, as the mther of Jesus.

I worked with a gentleman from Pakistan one time and we strcuk up a great friend ship. He gave me a copy of the Qu'ran to read and I managed to read some of it. But there is a Hadith, a verse at the start which realyy sternly claims that Beleivers wil lgo to hell. So I asked him if he thought I was a good person? he said he thought I was a very good perosn, one of the best he had ever met. I told him I did not and never would beleive in their Prophet or the Qu'ran and asked him if he thought I would go to hell on that account. He told me with great firmness I would. I didn't really mind that as we Christians beleive or beleived somewhat the same. Though I like to beleive that Jesus will reveal himself to all souls at the point of death so they may be saved.

I met an Iman one time from Saudi Arabia who lived in Chicago in the USA. That guy scared me. I got the impression he was evil and wanted all Infidels to die right away.:);) (Especially me.):D:D

Interesting that Fatima in Portugal was named after thier False Prophets daughter...maybe Prophetic?

9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Definitely prophetic that Our Lady appeared there.

Booklady and sparrow like this.
  10. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

What Nonsense.
    I’ve decided I’m not taking part in this on the 14th.
    I’m praying to Our Lady of Fatima on the 13th. It’s my favorite apparition by a country mile.

What’s wrong with the Church?
    Prayers by members of other religions over lent in Catholic churches in Ireland when the Catholics were locked out of the Churches.
    Multi Faith prayer events now on May 14th.
    Pagan trees in the Vatican.
    Silly pagan dances last October in Rome.
    Pachamama carried into St. Peter’s On a boat
    Why the desire to down play our glorious Faith?
    Why the desire to hide the candle under the tub?
    Why the desire to hide the city on the hilltop?
    I’m so very very weary of the Attitude of this modernist Church.

Sunnyveil, Julia, Booklady and 7 others like this.
  11. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

On my previous post: I hope I don’t come across as hard hearted.
    But other religions are other religions.
    I’m not standing and holding hands equating my God with theirs.
    I don’t believe in their ‘god’.
    I don’t follow their creed.
    They’ve every right to pray to god, of course and rightly so.
    But, I’m not pretending we’re equal.
    Jesus Christ is the second person of the Trinity, and mingling His Holy name in a prayer event with other religions is New Agey.
    Reinforces “the privileged way” theory of bishop Barron.
    An insult to Jesus.

12. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I totally agree with what you have said. There is only one Church founded by Jesus.

13. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

It's a good cause. Praying and sacrificing for the end to the pandemic is a worthy thing. I don't think that God will be displeased with us because we pray on the same day as that of other faiths at the request of the leader of our church Pope Francis.
    I'm just going to focus on the good I actually have responsibility and the ability to affect and trust the Holy Spirit to do it's work.

I worked with a man shortly after 9-11 who was Muslim and was devout. I offered to buy his lunch one day because he had been such a huge help to me on a project I was responsible for. I didn't realize it but it was during Ramadan which he observed. He left a lasting impression on me because he was such a giving and humble man. He was also incredibly intelligent. I asked him about Ramadan and he told me it was sort of like our Lent and then asked me if I observed it. I didn't at the time because I was a protestant and told him as much and he advised me I really should. I don't know why but it stuck with me all these years later.

14. Child of God

Child of God New Member

I was wondering who we would all be praying too? Will there be a “blank” or “insert name here” in the prayer? Or will it include multiple names , and Jesus’s name included with others?
    I Believe in One God......

15. Child of God

Child of God New Member

Yes, that is how I feel too! As I stated in previous reply , “ I Believe in One God.....

16. Child of God

Child of God New Member

It all sounds “warm and fuzzy” all join together as One and “pray!!”......
    Then let’s all join together as “One”......
    Then “One World Religion”
    Add this to the One Special Task Force Team, who will have Executive Powers over ALL NATIONS to help solve world crisis of Covid 19!
    The Writing is on the Wall!
    Sweet little sheep heading our way...

Beth B, Suzanne and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  17. Child of God

Child of God New Member

HeavenlyHosts and sparrow like this.
  18. Child of God

Child of God New Member

19. sparrow

sparrow For you are worth more than many sparrows..

Fr Chris Alar (Divine Mercy) said during Mass (yesterday I think) that when Jesus said : "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me.", there's a reason! He didn't say I am A way.. no, He said I am THE way.

Booklady, DeGaulle, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  20. Jason Fernando

Jason Fernando Archangels

If Pope Francis is inviting all religions, will the pachamamas be present too?