Mass available on Radio Maria Ireland

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by DBM, Mar 12, 2020.

1. DBM

DBM Angels

Hello to all, and many greetings from my home near Galway city in the West coast of Ireland.

I have been a member of this forum for some time now and have in the past been a regular poster. However due to Family requirements , study time , and other commitments, I haven't been able to post for some time, although I do, almost daily, check in to see whats happening on the Forum.

Our local Parish has requested that no-one attends for Sunday Mass until further notice, due to the Corona Virus suitation, which was a serious decision to make for the Bishops and Priests. They are rightfully taking the Covid-19 threat seriously. Our dear local Parish Priest is going to be holding daily and Sunday Masses for the health and intentions of the parish, without any attendees present.

Lately, here in Ireland Radio Maria is now broadcasting, well, more like streaming across the web. It's easily available to download for your mobile device, through a straightforward app, and Radio Maria also streams out on Irish television (on the Saorview channels), in our case its channell 210, but this maybe subject to change locally.

Radio Maria streams holy Mass daily at 10am (Irish local time) for approx 45 minutes. Mass is usually broadcast from the Radio Maria studio in Dublin, but sometimes can be broadcast from other Churches in different locations as well. (On Fridays, the Mass is held in Irish.)

Later in the afternoon they hold a lovely group Rosary, and later again they hold a group Divine Mercy Chaplet. These, like the Mass are said every day. I have been a fairly recent convert to Radio Maria, and I really enjoy having it broadcasting/streaming on the iPad whilst I go about my daily business.

I hope that this post can at least help some folks to 'get' Mass where otherwise it may not be possible until
    the Coronavirus threat has subsided.
    God Bless,
    Dave.

HeavenlyHosts, AED, sparrow and 3 others like this.
  2. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

I'm off to get the app. I adore Radio Maria. But lately it kind of went off my radar. You've put it back on again..

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  3. Indy

Indy Praying

Thanks for this advise, from someone also in Galway and concerned I won't be attending mass over these coming weeks. I find it very difficult and feel terrible when ever I have missed mass. Not looking forward to that. I must look into this app though. This advice came at a perfect time.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Great and timely information. Does anyone know if we have RadioMaria in the US?

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I know that Mass and devotions are televised internationally on EWTN
    Schedules are on their website
    This is the first time I’ve heard of RadioMaria, thank you.

AED likes this.
  6. Mylordandmygod

Mylordandmygod New Member

Hi all I'm new.im also from galway.god bless all here.thanks for the advise about radio maria.

Indy and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Welcome! Good timing on joining us.
    I’m from Maryland, US.

8. Mylordandmygod

Mylordandmygod New Member

Iv been trying to get on for ages but I'm usless with computers.enjoyed all the conversations here for years.

Indy likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Praying

Welcome, great you are here and getting involved. This is a great community.

10. padraig

padraig New Member

Are the Irish Bishops really suspending Public Masses in this island for the first time since the coming of St Padraig?

I can't believe it. But I got this email. Someone tell me this isn't so?

Dear Eucharistic Ministers

The Rector, Fr Peter Burns C.Ss.R. has asked that you read the following announcement from Clonard :-

"At the direction of the Irish Bishops, the following decisions have been made until further notice:

1. There will be no Masses open to attendance by the public However, Mass will be available via the webcam The times of Masses will be published in the Bulletin and on our website.
    2. Clonard church will be open daily: 10.30am to 5.30pm Monday – Saturday 12noon to 6.00pm on Sunday.
    3. Clonard Monastery Reception will open at the usual times.
    4. There will be a Priest on Duty each day [Monday – Saturday] 10.00am to 1.00pm; and from 3.00pm to 6.00pm

The Bishops have said in their Statement:

“In the current emergency situation, all are dispensed from the obligation to physically attend Sunday Mass….

The motivation for these new restrictive measures is a sense of care for the common good and especially for those most vulnerable. Each Christian community should be acutely aware of the responsibility to care for those who are most at risk.

In these difficult and uncertain times, people find strength, consolation and hope in prayer.”