MASONRY the real enemy of the Catholic Church

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Fatima, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I'm not convinced that wearing masks makes no difference. I wear a mask when I go to the supermarket. Most people don't. My understanding is that the mask isn't so much for self protection as to prevent an infected person spreading the infection to others.

There has been government over-reach here - an over-reaction after their initial carelessness. We can't travel more than a couple of miles from our homes but there are no restrictions on travellers from abroad. Anyone can come in through our sea or air ports and move around the country at will even on public transport. It has been months since some of my older relatives have seen their children or grandchildren. Video calls from family is not the same as a visit no matter how the media try to tell us otherwise. Volunteers delivering groceries does not prevent or cure loneliness.

I don't like our government but I respect their right to govern so I obey the laws. I associate masonry with stirring up dissent from lawful authority both in the Church and in society.

josephite, AED, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  2. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

This is false. Yesterday I read an article (Masks help stop the spread of coronavirus – the science is simple and I’m one of 100 experts urging governors to require public mask-wearing) by a data scientist who teaches data analysis and who used this as an example for his class. To his surprise, he found this idea is correct. He contacted other researchers in this field who were able to replicate this result.

The confusion comes from the Surgeon General's press release stating that home-made surgical masks do not prevent you from getting the virus. This, however, was NOT the question being asked. The mask does not prevent you from CATCHING the virus. For that you need full PPE: the mask, face shield, body suit, gloves, etc. HOWEVER... the mask MINIMIZES the possibility that you will TRANSMIT the illness.

When you speak, you usually release clouds of large droplets. However, the virus is more frequently transmitted in small droplets, which also can travel farther. Using a homemade surgical mask resulted in the larger droplets being contained within the mask, prevented the large droplets from breaking into small droplets, and reduced the small droplet distance from 6 feet (2 meters) (which is why that's the social distancing rule) to about 1.5 feet (0.5 meter). It's so effective that if we can get at least half of the population wearing a mask at least 80% of the time, we can reduce virus re-transmission to less than 1:1.

Re-transmission mean the number of people that will be infected by one person, i.e., a 1:2 rate means 1 person will infect 2 people; those 2 people will infect a total of 4 people, and so on. That's how epidemics start. When you have a re-transmission rate less than 1:1 it means that the illness is dying out.

So, yes, PLEASE wear a mask at all times in public; it truly is an act of charity. For added security, use a permanent marker to write the name of Jesus on the inside of the mask. (THE HOLY NAME WAS THE MIRACULOUS ANTIDOTE TO A TOXIC PLAGUE)

josephite, Julia, AED and 1 other person like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

I was down town yesterday and I got pulled in by the cops in my car. They said it was a mistake and apologised, they had mistaken me for someone else. But in the time they walked up to my window I wondered what they wanted. I had not been speeding and had not run a light. On the other hand there are a million new laws vis a vis the virus. How could anyone know if they had breached one? There are so many.

As regards the use of masks there are two kinds of considerations to which the Professor referred. The general strategic ones and the practical tactical ones

In a strategic sense we know that over 60% of us are going to get the virus, there is no avoiding it. No more than wearing masks would be used to stop seasonal flu. So there are deep Strategic about the use, for the very first time in this case. Why this virus? Why now?

In a Tactical Sense I believe there are questions too. Once again this is a novel situation were some authorities in some locals suggest its Novel use is good. In others such as the UK and Sweden they suggest not. So its not a every use fits solution.

As to Masonary being less is dissent of authority as embarked, often very successsfully, as with the Church in becoming the authority.

I wish Dolores I had the same level of Faith in , 'lawful Authority', as you do. Lawful authority that closes Churches and stops the mass? That support the murder of unborn children/? That everywhere supports sexual perversion and immorality?

For instance in Nazi Germany lawful authority required all Jews to wear a Yellow Star. That did not mean that Jews had a moral obligation to do so. Just because Government orders or advises
    us to do something , doesn't mean we have to do so.

I am inclined to be much, much , much more sceptical and to ask many more questions. I love the old Chinese saying.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

Again this is a Tactical (specific) response, rather than Strategic (general) one.

If wearing a mask stops the spread of a virus why do we not wear them when there is an outbreak of seasonal flu? The reason why is that we rely on building up herd immunity. In other words we recognise pretty well everyone is going to get it sooner or later and that is no bad thing as it naturally immunises us. This is what we do with a new virus. This is what we have always done.

Why then for the very first time in human history have we tactical and strategic responses we have never seen before?

Why suddenly in some jurisdictions the demand that everyone wear a mask? In Sweden and the UK for instance they do not do so.

What makes this virus so very,very different? Why would herd immunity fail now for the first time in human history?
    Sweden has no lock down, no fetish with masks. Things seem to me to be working out fine there.

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I have to agree with you.

AED and Mary's child like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Respect for the Covid laws here is $5000 fine and jail time. I respect that part.:LOL:

josephite, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

Look at the huge price we are paying for all this fear. A price we and future generations will pay for goodness knows how long?

Virtual economic bankruptcy and Depression that dwarfs the 1930's.

Mass famine in the third world.

Who knows what profound Psych effects such as depression and suicide.

Huge swinging powers given to Governments.

The cessation of the Holy Mass and And the Sacraments.

Close down of all Global Air Traffic.

The list, goes on and on and on.

I mean shouldn't we at least be asking questions?

Isn't all this strange and bizarre?

is it really, really necessary?

Suzanne, Julia, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

When i was young I lived through a long 30 year war here in Ireland with some folks constantly trying to kill me.

I couldn't have gotten through it if I hadn't shrugged my shoulder and said to myself, 'Well if you've gotta go you've go.':)

Worrying doesn't help. Fear is no answer we've gotta get on with things. Sooner or later were all going to die.

[​IMG]

9. AED

AED Powers

Yes.
    My understanding on masks is that their effectiveness lies in lowering exposure to "viral load" whether you are healthy and the germs are around you or you are infected wherein it limits how much contagion you spread. They are not going to prevent completely but they can reduce risk.

josephite and Julia like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

Just so true. "The readiness is all" (Hamlet/wm Shakespeare)

Julia likes this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

Earlier generations who had God's view of things were much braver. We are really quite sissified. Life has been too easy.

Suzanne, Julia and padraig like this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

Great idea!

Julia likes this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

AED and josephite like this.
  14. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

The interesting thing I find with the mask thing is that it has been turned around to make those who don't use them appear to be selfish and putting the public at risk.
    After all, how is anyone to know whether you are sick or not right? So unless you wear a mask you are immediately selfish and putting others at risk. Doesn't it strike anyone else as how completely absurd this is? How did we survive with no masks until this point? If they do work so well then why isn't everyone back at work? Questions that nobody has reasonable answers to it seems.
    I saw a video recently of a woman in a NY subway with her child. Her child had a mask on and she did as well but apparently not correctly. She was stopped by transit police and harassed then thrown to the filthy ground and arrested while her child who looked to be about 4 years old watched on.
    Here is the nice and sanitized version the MSM put out, the full version is much more disturbing.

josephite and AED like this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

At the Arrest And Death of Jesus the Apostles ran away and hid behind locked Doors.

At His Resurrection and with the coming of the Paraclete , which was the very Foundation of the Church the Apostles burst forth from their locked doors, the hidden Tomb of their Fears. They rose with Christ from the burial of Fear and took the very road that would lead to their own Cross in Imitation of their Saviour.

Let us not lock our Churches. Let us not entomb ourselves in Fear. Let us not Fear Death or Virus or the Proscriptions of Unjust Governments. Let us open once again the Doors of our Churhes, once again join in Celebration of the Holy Mass. Let the Eucharist, the sources and Summit of the Mystical Life, the very Life of the Church itself fill our bloodstream.

Let us not be afraid. For we in Christ have overcome the World, as he Himself has overcome Death.

josephite and AED like this.
  16. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Granted during the 10 year Grwst Dust Bowl in the 20/30s here in the US, masks & staying indoor was intuitive. There was no government mandate. If you wanted to breath at all, you had to cover your face.

Science really doesn't know how to prevent this, short of obsessive cleaning hands & surfaces. That's my other take away.

17. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I think that is closer to the truth. This virus is real as day! A friend's daughter is still slowly recovering.

The how to prevent/why is more to question.

18. padraig

padraig New Member

None of these things prevent it. they only slow down the enviable at a very, very high price.

It reminds me of being a child again and trying to stop the tide coming in by digging a trench in the sand.

The price we have paid is pressing the pause button on the life of the world. Economic bankruptcy. Social catastrophe. Political mayhem.

Was any of this worth it?

The tide will come in anyway. We're pretty well all going to get the virus sooner or later. The same with all the other viruses that came and went in the past. We're human and humans come down with bugs. That's life.

As with all viruses the tide comes in and the tide goes out again. Digging trenches at huge prices won't change that.

I must say I admire President Trump for having grasped this. Life goes on. Tide or no tide.

I notice by the way that other World Leaders, apart from President Trump, have grasped this. Putin in Russia and Boris Johnston in the UK for instance.

Life goes on. You can't stop the tide. The pause button won't cut it. Trenches in the sand won't stop the tide.

Wear a mask till you're blue in the face, you're still going to get this thing sooner or later.

[​IMG]

19. AED

AED Powers

I think we need a new in filling of the Holy Spirit. At least I do. I am so weary. Cant imagine bursting forth anywhere...I really need that fire of the HS.

josephite, Julia and Mary's child like this.
  20. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I've been stopped numerous times at police checkpoints and asked to explain the reason for my journey - sometimes no more than half a mile from my home. I don't like it but I put up with it because it isn't permanent. Don't confuse grudging acceptance of the lawful government with faith. I have neither faith nor trust in them. None whatsoever. But they are the government and we live in a democracy. For how much longer we will have a democracy is anyone's guess. I'd rather not see us descend into chaos because I'm wary of what would be presented as the means of restoring order.

There are plenty of questions to be asked and answered about this pandemic. We're a long way off seeing the dust settle. Nobody seems to have a solution, and as long as the WHO is being treated like a sacred cow to be protected at all costs it's unlikely that we'll ever know the whole story. Meanwhile all we seem to get is hyped up, biased reporting.

Here's an interesting interview with a man who makes more sense than many. Maybe it's his calm manner that appeals to me but I'm impressed by his evaluation of the situation. I never heard of him before the interview auto-played on my youtube feed so I don't know whether he has a political axe to grind bit if he does he hides it well:

Sam, padraig and Julia like this.