Masks in church

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by garabandal, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Kclark

Kclark Principalities

I appreciate all thoughts on wearing a mask... we may not have all evidence in.. but I say to myself “ what would Jesus do” I think he would wear a mask- even if it helps just one person

Te Deum and DesertStar7 like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Jesus did say, “render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s”

Don_D likes this.
  3. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

4. Fatima

Fatima Powers

No evidence that masks help, unless it is a N95. Masks are just the first way that governments are trying to control the population. What next? No Church like places in the USA still have? This is communism. It is fear mongering. Jesus did not fall into line with either.

Tanker, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  5. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I cannot picture Our Lord wearing a mask. Ever. :(

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I cannot either, but we as the Mystical Body of Christ are on our way to Calvary. Christ was buffeted in all ways for us. No servant is greater than the Master.
    I do understand why people object to masking, though. But it’s not my issue.

Sam, Jo M and AED like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Me either but boy is there passion over this issue. I have a friend who is ready to man the barricades and "go to the mattresses" over this. She is against it. Lots of conflicts right now among her circle of friends. I guess I just want to skate over it. I know hard times are coming as the old song says and more coercion and demands from the nanny state but in such a volatile environment where people get literally unhinged i prefer to try to keep a low profile praying to discern at every moment what the Lord is asking of me. So far I am wearing the mask where I am requested to.

8. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I wear my mask as well ( I actually have quite a collection at this point :D), in order to go about my business. Nevertheless I have strong feelings about the sinister nature of mandated mask wearing.

9. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

True. I have strong feelings about the masks but I'm not sure it's the hill I'm prepared to die on. I think we probably need to reserve our energy for bigger things to come, and ones more closely related to our faith.

Don_D, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 4 others like this.
  10. AED

AED Powers

Yep. Exactly.

Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

All of the above posts are well said and spoken from the heart. :love::)

Adoremus, Jo M and AED like this.