Mask Mandate Lifted

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by PurpleFlower, Mar 4, 2021.

1. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Here in Texas our mask mandate has finally been lifted! Praise God! It goes into effect on March 10, but my county has already announced it is lifted here starting today. I just want to go everywhere and smile so big at everyone! The only unfortunate thing is some stores will still require it, including Kroger, the grocery store I always shop at. They say they'll require it until all their employees are able to be vaccinated.

Biden wasn't pleased with TX and MS for the announcement of no more masks. He called it "Neanderthal" thinking, whatever that means. I pray he won't try to impose a nationwide mandate.

padraig, Beth B, Sam and 6 others like this.
  2. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

Alabama is putting pressure on the governor here to drop it, too.

Beth B, Sam, Jo M and 5 others like this.
  3. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Good! I'm waiting to see what our bishop will say. I'm really hoping he'll stop requiring masks in church. Mass is the only place my 7-year-old son has been required to mask.

Beth B, Jo M, Inis Eoghain and 3 others like this.
  4. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

We had a large funeral at our church today. It was packed, every pew filled with extra chairs in the aisle in the back. No social distancing. Con-celebrated by four Priests. Most but not all people were masked. The choir sang. At the dinner after in the social hall only a couple of people had a mask. It was very full. None of the Priests wore masks . . .it was like being back to normal.

Beth B, Ananchal, Sam and 5 others like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Neanderthal thinking means anyone who doesn’t agree with Joe Biden :LOL:
    I pray he does not impose a national
    mandate, too:eek:
    Although states have rights

Beth B, Byron, Sam and 4 others like this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

It says right on the side of the box of masks that they can not stop the spread of viruses or Covid specifically yet most blindly ignore this disclaimer. The mask mandates are nothing more than a feel good action taken on the part of our elected officials so that people believe that the govt is actually doing something proactive when it is simply doing something for the sake of taking any action it can then use to deflect public criticism.

Mob mentality rules when it comes to believing in fairy tales. It is nearly impossible to convince people of the truth when they have accepted and cling to the lie. Better wear two masks!

Mask warning.png

AED, Beth B, Mary's child and 5 others like this.
  8. That’s correct—states do have rights. But it’ll never fly here in NJ.
    Also, when Biden calls something Neanderthal, that means its a really good thing; he just can’t express himself very well, Lolololol!!

HeavenlyHosts, Sam and Jo M like this.
  9. Jo M

Jo M Powers

It will never fly here in MA either. We are likely to be wearing masks until 2022, and beyond. :whistle:
    I do wonder how much longer Biden will be able to hang on. Even MSM is beginning to get frustrated with him when he walks off without answering questions.

10. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

Just heard they are extending the masking for another month in Alabama. That doesn't mean they will do it though.

Sam, Jo M, Mary's child and 1 other person like this.
  11. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

We crossed into Texas to have breakfast (indoor dining allowed) and pick up husband's medications at a pharmacy down the street. This is JUST over the Texas line by literally 1/4 a mile (at one point, on exiting town, we actually crossed back over into New Mexico, and half a block later were in Texas again). :)

Anyway, I was disappointed that the restaurant (a Denny's) required face masks. :( Everyone I saw in that Texas town were masked, including the cashier at Dollar General.

12. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Today? We've had a statewide mandate for many months and people generally complied. Our shutdown, thankfully, didn't last long. Anyway, now individual businesses or counties can require masks. Perhaps that county still requires them. I'm going to Albertsons as soon as my baby isn't sick anymore, to see how many people are still masked and who isnt. My husband was doing the grocery shopping back in the spring when masks weren't mandatory yet, and he said about 30% of the shoppers were unmasked like him. I'm hoping there's less fear now and the number of unmasked will be higher. I'm hoping people don't just stick with it out of habit by this point.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  13. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

AED, Don_D, PurpleFlower and 2 others like this.
  14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Well that’s rich coming from Biden...the pres who has trouble remembering what day it is, is criticizing southerners calling them Neanderthals! Where are they hiding Biden...?

HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  15. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

AED likes this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

There is an old saying that the thing we accuse others off is the very thing we are most guilty of ourselves. Joe Biden for a very long time had the uncontested and well earned reputation of being the most stupid Senator in the USA...and the sleeziest.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/25/joe-biden-2020-public-gaffes-mistakes-history

[​IMG]

17. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Well my bishop just announced today that nothing will change at Mass. Masks are still required and social distancing will stay in place, as well as the dispensation from Mass.

18. garabandal

garabandal Powers

If I catch Covid at Mass and die I would die happy as I want to do the will of God.

And the will of Jesus Christ is 'Do this in memory of me'

HeavenlyHosts, AED and Ananchal like this.
  19. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

I'm feeling pretty depressed today. I took my whole family to morning Mass at the church I've been attending during the week because it's 1 minute from my house. It's a more liberal parish, so not my favorite, but it's hard to drive my baby the 30 min to our more conservative parish in the morning, since he hates the car.

Anyway, they have so many rules. You have to go in one particular door, have to wait for the usher to seat you, and today for the first time in my life, it was a female usher, so really weird. She tried to sit my family in the very back of the church, and when I gestured that we'd like to sit near the front (so my kids can see what's going on), she said loudly enough for all to hear, "You want to sit in the front??" Later, we went to the back so we could go up the center aisle and receive Communion from the priest so my kids could get a real blessing, instead of receiving from an extraordinary minister, and the man came all the way after us and tried to give us Communion in the back. I had to tell him we were going to the priest, and we had to dodge the guy trying to squirt sanitizer on our hands. There's no way we'd have time to get it rubbed in before touching Jesus, and I just feel it's pretty disrespectful to place Jesus in a pool of sanitizer.

We tried to leave out the side door afterwards, me about to push it with my elbow, and we were ordered to go out the door right next to it instead. I felt like the whole thing was so forced and controlled. I'm just so wearied by it all. The fear, control, over-the-top reaction of this world to the slim possibility of having to leave it for our true home with God. I'm trying to shake the disappointment of knowing most things won't even change even though the state mask mandate has been lifted, but I'm really struggling today.

20. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

El Paso has been terribly afflicted with COVID, but Anthony is half an hour's drive north. Maybe still too close? Yesterday, yes.

I will pray for your baby. :)

HeavenlyHosts likes this.