Martyrs: Here and Now

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Thomas, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Thomas

Thomas Angels

In reading this article today, I could not help but feel sorrow for this poor woman. Defiant and outspoken against the Mexican drug cartels, she paid with the life of her husband and finally her own life while pleading for the lives of her children. Evidently, according to the article, she was a devout Roman Catholic. What an example to us all. We all think of a coming time of chaos and violence when some will be martyred. I say to you, that time is happening now in places like Mexico.

I wonder how long before it extends into the daily lives of Americans and Europeans??

To me, this courageous woman is a martyr and an outstanding example of what will come to pass as things get worse. We should pray for her soul and the well being of her remaining family members, especially her children. To the end, she stood up for the poor, the right of people to live and work in peace, human dignity. I hope she is in Heaven with Jesus now!!

Read about her here, but be prepared for some shocking photos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...assination-attempts.html?ICO=most_read_module

Bartimaeus likes this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

3. rosebud101

rosebud101 Angels

I think it's beginning here. About a month ago, a gang in Minneapolis, MN, put out a contract on police officers in that city because they had killed, in a gun fight, one of their own. The police have been on high alert ever since. So sad.

4. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

I do believe pretty much everyone on this forum is facing white martyrdom in their daily lives right now. I know I am. anyone else?

It is sad. the red variety will be here before you know it.

5. Mario

Mario Powers

PotatoSack,

There are requirements within Obamacare that will give us pause very soon. However, I think the issue that will provide a legal basis for persecution of Catholics will be that of gay rights. When the next Supreme Court justice retires, the President will nominate a radical judge. When approved by the Democratic Senate, I'm sure a case will emerge to force same-sex unions on all the states. When that takes place, a homosexuality lifestyle will then be deemed entirely normal and faithful Christians will be targeted for their bigotry.

Pray, pray, pray!

Safe in the Father's Arms!

6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Lots of people I know are suffering - there seems to be a big increase in suffering - sickness, work stress, financial or family problems. I will also add spiritual suffering - many do no know to turn to the God of Mercy nor do they understand the power of the sacrament of Confession.
    I also see many good marriages under strain and wonder are these being individually targeted by the evil one?
    My sense is that God is lifting his restraining Hand and correspondingly the tentacles of evil are spreading. As the darkness deepens the Light is all the more noticeable:). However, I also notice is my own life that I am still struggling to convert fully that because we live and breathe in this contaminated world that it is difficult to fully convert. I have had the most horrendous month of personal struggle and backsliding - there is every sense of failure and there is a mystery in this too - despite my good desires I am still as much 'of the world' and influenced by the world too. There is much for me to ponder.

7. momof4

momof4 New Member

I agree with you garabandal 100%. I see so many of my friends and family suffering. Its horrible. All i can do is pray for them because they don't realize they are being attacked. I myself and my children are going through suffering but we fight it with prayer which has lessed some of the suffering. I could only expect the suffering is going to get worse.

8. Rain

Rain Powers

I'm not sure if Maria Santos Gorrostieta (the woman mentioned the first thread post) died for her belief in Christ, but she certainly laid down her life for her countrymen.She had been shot several times during the assassination attempt that took her first husband's life, still suffering from its effects, and nobody would have blamed if she had decided to fade into the background, but knowing full well that death was a distinct possibility, she refused to give up. That's courage.

Maria said:
    'I wanted to show them my wounded, mutilated, humiliated body, because I’m not ashamed of it, because it is the product of the great misfortunes that have scarred my life, that of my children and my family.'

'Despite my own safety and that of my family, what occupies my mind is my responsibility towards my people, the children, the women, the elderly and the men who break their souls every day without rest to find a piece of bread for their children.

'Freedom brings with it responsibilities and I don’t dare fall behind. My long road is not yet finished - the footprint that we leave behind in our country depends on the battle that we lose and the loyalty we put into it.'

Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~John 15:13