Marian Apparitions in Turzovka, Slovakia (1958)

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Dusica, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Dusica

Dusica Archangels

Visions of Matus Lasut

In the 1920's Teresa Neuman told the then bishop of Hradec Kralove Dr. Karol Kaspar: "In a few years, you will have in Slovakia another Lourdes where you will go on pilgrimages." The Slovak Jesuit Father R. Mikus corresponded with Pater Pio. In one letter, he asked him what he thought about Turzovka. Pater Pio replied: "Turzovka - ít is an authentic apparition. In time, it will become the Slovak Lourdes!"

Kysuce - a region in Slovakia. Matus Lasut (Matthew) was born here on April 10, 1916. He was less than five years old when his mother died from pneumonia. Matus tended cattle with which he slept on straw in a barn. He only went to school in the winter time. After he married he had four children. His oldest daughter died after a year and a half. Lasut worked as a forest ranger.
    Its origin dates back to June 1, 1958, exactly 100 years after Lourdes, before the fall of the Berlin Wall, under the hard communist regime, in a time when one would not easily pretend to be a visionary as there was the threat of death. It was on that day that Lasut had a first vision of Our Lady. We come to know about this apparition through the written statement "The Immaculate Conception speaks to us from Turzovka" signed by Lasut:

Matus Lasut: "On the Sunday of the 1 st of June 1958, I was a forest ranger on duty on the mountain "Okruhla" near Turzovka. I walked up Okruhla and stopped at a place called Zivcak. By the forest path on a pine tree was an ícon of the Mother of God of Perpetual Help. I knelt at a short distance from the icon. I quickly prayed the Paternoster and Hail Mary, but before I finished, at the end of Hail Mary, all of a sudden I spotted a short flash of light on my left side. I looked in that direction and to my amazement I saw: In the distance of approximately 12 meters, I saw a statue of Our Lady of Lourdes about two meters above the ground as if on a mound. She was more than two meters tall clothed in a white robe girded with a blue sash, and she wore a long flowing veil. Her hands were joined as if in prayer and on Her left hand hung a long Rosary. Her face was slightly oval, pure white. She looked like a 16 -17 year old girl... After that, I saw a flower patch, such beautiful white flowers that I had never seen before in my life... The statue of Our Lady stood in the middle at their highest point... A faint gust of wind coming from the east slightly moved her veil to reveal on the left side of Her head a lock of light chesnut-coloured hair... I realized that this was no statue but a living being standing on a tiny cloud as if it was made from a mist. The Lady, looking to the east up to this point, now looked at me with a piercing gaze and smiled. Her whole stature gradually came to life and to beauty. She kept gaining in splendour. Her ciothes became brighter and brighter till they glittered like snow on a sunny day. Her veil shined and sparkled as if sprinkled with diamonds... Her whole appearance was so majestic and powerful that everything had to bow down before it. She lifted Her right hand and with Her forefinger started to command me.
    At first She pointed down to my right side. I looked there momentarily and saw that the entire area of flowers was enclosed by a wooden fence as a garden. On my right side there were three planks broken at the top. And when I also saw a hammer hanging from the fence I took it as a command to fix the planks. I did it. Afterwards, when I looked at the Lady I saw on Her face a look of satisfaction.

Matus is shown 7 images of the world

It is as he sees a map of the world in the air, a kind of planar image of the globe. States have no borders, only a clearly demarcated land from the sea is visible. The land was green and yellow, the sea blue. Firstly, Matthew does not understand the meaning of the painting. Here, however, a table with inscriptions explaining the symbolism of the image appears below the globe. Green is the color of Good and represents mountains and mountain ranges, Yellow is the color of Evil and the planes are painted with it.

Do not take these pictures as 100% representation of what Matus saw, they are only illustrative and not made by the visionary. Although Matus knew which countries would be affected by the chastisements (and how much), he was not permitted to tell anyone except the pope.

"I saw a picture of the globe, or better yet a plane representing the map of the world. Below the map I noticed a black board. Whenever I did not understand something an explanation would appear on it similar to movie subtitles... I saw a total of seven different clips."

(It is necessary to realize that the first revelation took place on June 1, 1958 during the reign of communist totalitarianism, which reached the peak of the nation's cruelty and atheism. In this context, when political cells were full of priests and religious sentenced to many years in prison, and when their official or unofficial executions were no exception, it is necessary to realize, in particular, the meaning of the first request of Virgin Mary.)

1st picture
    The map was three coloured- blue, green and yellow. The symbolic meaning of the green colour was "goodness", of the yellow "evil"...
    1.jpg
    Afterwards a Demand appeared on the board:
    Repent! Pray for priests and the religious! Pray the Rosary!

2nd picture
    I saw on the map that the yellow colour was spreading and the green was retreating, evil gaining and goodness losing ground.
    2.jpg

3rd picture
    The yellow colour has already flooded the entire world.
    A yellow and fiery rain was falling from the sky, as if yellow glistening pieces of tin were falling. The picture represented the sins of the entire world, multiplying of evil and its consequences.
    3.jpg
    A warning appeared on the board:
    If people do not amend, terrible disasters will come - separately and together- and people will die in many different ways.

post continuing below...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    Sam likes this.
  2. Dusica

Dusica Archangels

4th picture
    I saw explosions in the sea near the coast. Gigantic explosions hurled great masses of matter from its depths which flooded the earth.
    Wherever they fell, life ceased to exist.
    4.jpg
    A warning appeared on the board: If people do not amend, they will die!

5th & 6th pictures
    These parts of the revelation I judged that I ought to leave for myself as a personal secret: the knowledge of them would not benefit people.

7th picture
    It showed what the earth would look like if people converted and lived according to God's commandments.
    5.jpg
    The earth was illuminated by the sun rays. It was covered in brilliant greenery and many beautiful flowers. Happiness, harmony and peace could be seen everywhere. The appearance of the Immaculate Conception with a magnificent Rosary in Her hand and with Her right hand outstretched as if protecting nations, radiated above the earth. The Lady pointed to the board on which appeared the words: "When you fulfil everything, you will come..." and with Her finger She pointed upwards. I understood that if I fulfilled everything that She wanted me to do, I would go to heaven. All of a sudden, a lightning cut through the sky, the heavens split up, and above the place where Our Lady had stood before, a great gleaming triangle appeared. In the middle of it, Jesus Christ stood in infinite majesty: He was dressed in a long white robe and a red cape was draped over His right shoulder down to His left side. His left arm was around a narrow cross. An immense majesty permeated from Jesus Christ. A Heart radiated on His chest and three beams shot out from it. Two of them flew out to the sides, the third hit me, and I fell on my face, as if a tremendous power threw me to the ground. Still, I could hear the strong voice of the bell - it was noon - and than I lost consciousness.

Matus after the vision...
    I remained kneeling in this position for about three hours. I awakened around 3 p.m. With surprise I found that though my face was imprinted on the ground, my clothes were not rumpled or soiled. I noticed a Rosary laying by my left side. It was white. I found it strange that I had not noticed it that morning before praying when I was looking for a rock to kneel on. A strange thing happened when I picked up the Rosary. All of a sudden I knew how to pray the Glorious Mysteries. I finally grasped the meaning of the three broken planks.

They symbolized my three main shortcomings and how to fix them. It meant the prayer of the Holy Rosary, the receiving of the Sacraments frequently and friendship with all people.
    After the apparition, I felt a great infusion of faith. First of all, I had to make peace with people whom I had come into conflict with. I would like to have avoided it but felt I had to do this. After returning from the mountain that very evening I went to beg forgiveness from all those people in Turzovka and surrounding area. I did it as if against my own will. I took me until late in the night. People were surprised, some laughed at me, others thought that I had gone insane. The next day in the morning, I made confession and went to communion. From that time on, I was released from all illness, first of all from heavy cough which had troubled me for many years and which the doctors claimed to be incurable.

I saw Our Lady at this place for the last time - the seventh time - on August 14,1958.
    On September 8,1958, the feast of the Nativity of Our Lady, people for the first time journeyed up the mountain. I also went. There were approximately one thousand people there. I told them what will take place on Zivcak in the tuture. For example, pilgríms will forge paths. I also said that in three days I would be imprisoned. That very night, after returning from the mounting, the police came for me, but people rose up against them and encircled our house. So, they commanded me to come to the police station in the city of Cadca the next day. They detained me at the police station. They accused me of inciting an insurrection. The investigation lasted from Tuesday to Friday. Unceasingly, they drove me from place to place in the County of Cadca and did not allow me a moment's rest or any food or sleep. They meant to totally exhaust and confuse me. How they must have been surprised to find that in all my 120 documented testimonials, that I had to sign, they always found the same answers.
    On Friday September 12, 1958, they took me to a psychiatric clinc in Bytcica in pretence for treatment. But they did not treat me - it was not necessary because I was sane. They put me in a section of the hospital among the most diffícult patients for so called "protective" treatment. In other words, they imprisoned me. There I stayed nearly ten months. I was released in June,1959. On September 22 1959, I worked with six workers in the forest "Dlha". As soon as I went behind the trees, I saw policemen who were waiting there for me. They immediately took me back to Bytcica. This time, I stayed there 14 months. In September 1961, the local mayor came for me. He drove me to his office. They arrested me again and drove me to the police station in Cadca. In the meantime, they ransacked my house. During the night they took me to Bytcica and after 14 days they brought me to a psychiatric clinc in Kosmonosy (in the Czech Region). From there, they released me on December 12 with the conclusion that I was sane, only burdened with the vision of having seen the Mother of God.
    I had 19 investigations or lawsuits. The more difficult the situation was for me, the more I felt the help of the Mother of God.
    People soon noticed that I had changed. What surprised them the most was my daily attendance at the Holy Mass and Communion.
    It sometimes happened to me that in church I spent the entire Mass kneeling in a puddle of water (from peoples' umbrelas) and when I stood up I was totally dry and clean.
    Similarly, after a Holy Communion, I would remain stiff with my head bowed to the floor. Once some young men wanted to carry me out of the church in that state but I was unusually cold and heavy so that they were not able to move me.

This is the testimony of Matus Lasut.
    During his five years of confinement in a psychiatric "health" clinic, he endured up to two interrogations daily by various "committees". They subjected him to uncountable electric shock treatments. Eight hypnotists tried their craft on him. He was subjected to chemical "cures". It was only through the miraculous guidance of Providence that he survived all these troubles without breaking down, in spite of the fact that after the last confinement he returned home almost blind and without any teeth. His teeth fell out as a result of the chemical "cures". He regained his sight again in the woods.

During all those years, Lasut did not become rich. He remained as poor as he had been before the apparition. Though many pilgrims and foreigners offered him money, he did not take anything from anyone.

On the mountain Zivcak, which had previously lacked water, six springs gushed out. They have healing powers.
    Cardinal Tomasek said: "When I see the Holy Father, his first question is: "How is Turzovka?"
    And the second question is: "Did you bring me any water from Turzovka?"

At the request of Fr. Vaciav Soukup, Maria Medritzer, a physician living in Vienna, describes the testimonials of extraordinary healings through the water of Turzovka in the Turzovka chronicles. She became acquainted with the case of Maria Jurackova from her sister, a nun named Georgie. Medical diagnosis of Mrs. Jurackova, based on the X-ray, states: "Lung cancer. An estimate of time left to live - four weeks. When she discovered the seriousness of her state of health, she decided to go to Turzovka to visit the Mother of God. She journeyed to the mountain, brought home the water and in a week she was healed!
    Father Joseph Jurovsky, formerly the Provincial of Jesuits in Slovakia in 1973 suffered an acute inflammation of the main facial nerve for more than half a year. The pain increased to such a degree that he could not eat or speak. He was on the verge of death from hunger. Neither domestic nor foreign medicine helped. Together with nuns, he started to pray the novena to Our Lady of Turzovka and he started to use the water from Turzovka. On the ninth day the pain ceased and never returned.
    Father Metodej Kubena, living in Zernuvka in Moravia, suddenly became ill through a stroke of an ischemic origin injuring his eyesight. He was treated in a hospital. As a result of the injury to his eyes, he was only able to see blurred images. A visiting parishioner brought him Turzovka water. Father Kubena used it with faith and with prayers. After half an hour, a shiver ran down his back. With surprise he looked around and he could see everything. The Father also had mystical experiences associated with Turzovka.

Sam and sparrow like this.
  3. Dusica

Dusica Archangels

Everyone who knew Matúš Lašut personally, at least as well as the truth about the bestial regime of those years, did not doubt and still does not doubt his mental health. Whenever and wherever a real man met him, he could speak only of the certainty and peace radiating from his personality and simple speech. The truth cannot be told in any other way. Simple sentences, clear words, a smile. Unafraid attended daily Holy Mass. At one of them, he knelt for an hour in a pool of water dripping from umbrellas, but he got up dry and clean. Several times after Holy Communion, he remained in a stiff position, his head bowed to the ground. Not even a bunch of guys could move him when they tried to pick him up and help him stand up. God - the fisherman - had already caught his Matthew in his eternal net, and nothing and no one had snatched him from him.
    lasut.jpg
    Matúš Lašut lived his life in Turzovka. He ended August 10, 2010 at the age of 92. He was a wonderful witness to God's grace, willing to share his experiences, life and faith with anyone. Many important personalities have already met him personally. Bishop Pavol Hnilica was one of those who honored our Eternal Mother with him, the pilgrimage to Živčáková. In addition to him, hundreds of other clergy, coming to serve Holy Masses from all over Slovakia, Bohemia and Moravia, Poland, throughout Europe and from behind the sea. Matúš also invites you to his Turzovská mountain.
    lasut2.jpg
    Although the Bishop of Nitra issued a pastoral letter at the time, forbidding members of the diocese from taking part in the pilgrimages to Turzovka, this must be understood in the context that this part of Slovakia was still behind the Iron Curtain at this time, and therefore was part of the old communist order. The local communist regime was vehemently against the apparitions, and arrested Matúš, subjecting him to torture in a bid to force him to retract his claims. After his release he was then committed to a mental institution, and when doctors established that he was clinically sane, he was again imprisoned. The shrine at Mt. Zivcak was destroyed by the Communist Youth, and once it was rebuilt, the crowds of pilgrims making their way to Turzovka were frequently obstructed by the local authorities. The pastoral letter by the Bishop of Nitra was most likely urging the members of the diocese not to attend pilgrimages to the site of the apparitions in order to avoid conflict with the local communist government, and was not an official condemnation of the apparitions.
    Lašut had very little to gain from these claims, and a great deal to lose - including his very own liberty and immediate access to his family. It is hard to imagine a family man concocting such a story merely for personal fame. And the fact that many miracles have been connected to these apparitions further helps to bolster their authenticity.

After the fall of the atheist regime, on behalf of the diocesan bishop J.Em. Ján Chryzostom of Cardinal Korc began preparations in 1991, and in the years 1992 to 1993 the construction of the Chapel of Our Lady Queen of Peace was completed. It was built to be a dignified place on the mountain for the celebration of Holy Mass, because many pilgrims who came on Sunday did not have the opportunity to attend Sunday. mass. Another reason for the building was the unique presence of Christ in the Eucharist, which is located inside - in the tabernacle, and the possibility of adoration. On behalf of the diocesan bishop J. Em. On October 17, 1993, the chapel was blessed by John Chrysostom of Cardinal Korc. A distinction must be made between the above-mentioned purpose of the chapel and the recognition of the apparition; the position of the chapel has not yet recognized the authenticity of the revelation.

The Church has not yet taken a definitive stand on the authenticity or iniquity of the apparition of the Virgin Mary on Hora Živčáková, but this place is a place of prayer and Marian reverence. Auxiliary Bishop of Nitra Mons. ThDr. Marián Chovanec states in his letter of 15 May 2003:
    "It must always be borne in mind that the local Episcopal Office supports Mount Živčák as a place of Marian reverence and prayer, but not as a place of revelation of our heavenly Mother, as the inquiries of the relevant commission of the Episcopal Office have not yet been completed. " Let us therefore come to this place not with a desire for sensations and revelations, but as humble pilgrims who travel to a place sanctified by prayer and sacrifice to stop, meditate and renew their relationship with God and beg for an abundance of graces at the intercession of the heavenly Mother of the Virgin Mary. and God's blessing.

Since 1 July 2000, Decree no. 918/2000 of 14 June 2000, signed by J. Em. The Parish of the Divine Heart of Jesus in Korna was founded by Ján Chryzostom, Cardinal Korc, diocesan bishop of Nitra, to which Hora Živčáková also belongs.

Decree no. 1057/2008 of 18 September 2008 was Hora Živčákova by J. Exc. Mons. Tomáš Galis, Bishop of Žilina, declared a Marian pilgrimage site and a place of prayer.

On June 11, 2009, at the request of the pilgrims (30,000 signatures) and with the consent of the Episcopal Office in Žilina, the construction of the pilgrimage church began. In 2015, the construction work was completed and on October 4, 2015, J. Exc. was solemnly consecrated. Mons. Tomáš Galis, diocesan bishop of Žilina, with the title of church: Our Lady of the Church, with the participation of bishops (7) from Slovakia, Moravia and Ukraine; priests from Slovakia, Bohemia and Moravia; monks, nuns and theologians from the Nitra seminary. About 15-20 thousand pilgrims took part in the dedication.

I will post stories of other people that have experienced miracles or the Virgin at Turzovka, but for today the read is long enough I believe. Here are some the english sources I used, there is some more information about the place of apparitions.

http://mrosa.szm.com/341998/angl/turzov.htm

https://immaculate.one/our-lady-of-...dy-of-turzovka-turzovka-slovakia#.YYKO057MJaR

God bless you all in these times of which we were warned about.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Sam and sparrow like this.
  4. andree

andree Powers

Thank you for sharing these Dusica. As for the explanation about Matus, is he still alive? Where is he now? How he must have suffered.

sparrow likes this.
  5. maryrose

maryrose Powers

This is amazing. Thank you for bringing this apparition to our attention.
    I notice on the 4th picture of the world that Ireland has all but disappeared. Lord have mercy on this faithless nation.

sparrow likes this.
  6. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Never read about these apparitions before. Thanks Dusica! Very interesting. Like Andree, I now want to know more about Matus!

7. I am from the midwest in the USA. Hard to believe the 1st and second pictures. The middle of the country where people are more religious is more evil than California (the leader in porn and craziness) and New York the leader in unrestricted abortion???
    After Roe V Wade abortion became legal and prevelent first on the coasts then later the interior.

Michael Pio, AED and indaiatubano like this.
  8. indaiatubano

indaiatubano Archangels

According to the first map, Poland is also considered evil. This map seems absolutely ridiculous. China, Somalia , Pakistan , Saudi Arabia should all be yellow in the first map but they are Green but Poland and the Midwest USA are yellow.:eek: Seems like Fake news!!!

Michael Pio likes this.
  9. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

I too am in the midwest and this thought just occurred to me. This message was in 1958. In 1956, Alfred Kinsey died in Indiana. Many of his studies and deviant sexual behaviors were occurring in the midwest. In 1954 he was on the cover of Time magazine and his fame blossomed. It is Kinsey who is credited for the sexual revolution of the 1960's and 70's. So maybe the map could be correct. This perversion and evil started in the midwest and grew from there to where we are now today.

Now let's take this one step further. I always believe heaven counters evils. Kinsey died August 25, 1956 in Bloomington, Indiana. Exactly one month later, in Rome City, Indiana, Our Lady appeared to Sister Mary Ephram calling herself Our Lady of America. Coincidence? There aren't many when it comes to God. This was her message:

My beloved daughter, what I am about to tell you concerns in a particular way my children in America. Unless they do penance by mortification and self-denial and thus reform their lives, God will visit them with punishments hitherto unknown to them.

My child, there will be peace, as has been promised, but not until my children are purified and cleansed from defilement, and clothed thus with the white garment of grace, are made ready to receive this peace, so long promised and so long held back because of the sins of men.

My dear children, either you will do as I desire and reform your lives, or God Himself will need to cleanse you in the fires of untold punishment. You must be prepared to receive His great gift of peace. If you will not prepare yourselves, God will Himself be forced to do so in His justice and mercy.

Making the rosary a family prayer is very pleasing to me. I ask that all families strive to do so. But be careful to say it with great devotion, meditating on each mystery and striving to imitate in your daily lives the virtues depicted therein. Live the mysteries of the rosary as I lived them, and it will become a chain binding you to me forever. They who are found in the circle of my rosary will never be lost. I myself will lead them at death to the throne of my Son, to be eternally united to Him.

Write these words upon your hearts, my dear children, because of the compassion I have for you in my Immaculate Heart. Oh, if you knew the punishments I am holding back from you by my pleading and intercession on your behalf!

Will you do as I wish at last, my children?

10. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Yes, Lord have mercy. However, I would not fret about these maps from an unapproved apparition.

11. Dusica

Dusica Archangels

Yes I forgot to add this as the second message was too long. I added this information about him on the beginning of my 3rd message.

12. Dusica

Dusica Archangels

I edited the first message as it wasn't clear what the colours and images represented. Green were mostly only mountains (where people lived in isolation from the modern world I suppose)... Do not take these pictures as 100% representation of what Matus saw, they are only illustrative and not made by the visionary. Although Matus knew which countries would be affected by the chastisements, he was not permitted to tell anyone except the pope.

(I will add this to original post too)