Marian Apparitions in Ireland?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Roger Buck, Sep 1, 2015.

1. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Hi sparrow was this the statue you saw on the vee, if it was you were a few miles away from Melleray grotto quite a few people have assumed that this statue is Mount Melleray

statue-of-the-virgin-mary-our-lady-of-knock-in-the-knockmealdown-mountains-B36C0N.jpg

sparrow likes this.
  2. Roger Buck

Roger Buck Angels

Re:

Scolaire, don't know if you'll recall I said my limited budget made it a struggle between you and Frank Duff. Just to let you know, I now have your book. Ordered it from Amazon, I'm afraid, as it was little cheaper and I have to make money stretch.

So far I've only had to time to dip in. But I have to say you've done a very important service collecting all this together. It is very meaningful for me, not only the reported Apparitions - but the glimpses of what Ireland once was.

My wife has also been reading and is very appreciative. We are between Ardboe and Kerrytown so I hope to make little pilgrimages when I get the chance. Mount Melleray, alas, is a bigger deal …

So congratulations on a task well-done! Looking forward to reading much more, when I have time to catch my breath (as you and others may gather from my big splashy signature ads, I feel I need to promote my own book at the moment and that's taking a lot of time.)

3. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Sorry Quis ut Deus, I did not see this response till now! Yes, this is the statue of Our Lady of Knock that we saw at The Vee in the Knockmealdown Mountains! I had no idea how close I was to Melleray grotto. I would have loved to see it as well. As stated, Our Lady led us to her on our way to Knock I believe, as a consolation :love:

4. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

Maybe you are being called back to see her..;);):)

5. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

That would be amazing... but with the way the world is now, I'm not sure I'll ever get back over to Ireland..:unsure:

6. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Archangels

I'd just like to thank you Roger for your kind comments and to thank Frank Duff for letting me jump the queue there for a bit, much appreciated, from both of you :)

Incidentally in the latest Pioneer Journal they include a speech by a friend of his, Enda Dunleavy, from which I take this:
    Gosh I really hope so! We have had so many great saints in this country you know, they haven't given up on us yet!

P.S. By the way I read the sample chapter of your book. Its absolutely lovely that somebody appreciates the spirituality of Ireland. I think some parts of Ireland, and some people, do have something special about them that way but alas we have very bad leadership leading us all the wrong way in everything, politics, architecture...
    Anyway it was very nice to read, well written.

7. Roger Buck

Roger Buck Angels

Thank you, Scolaire! Very interesting to hear that from Fr. Nolan. Yes, I think Frank Duff may be very important to call on. Have both books now - but so far only time to dip into them. Plan to devote time after Christmas to spiritual reading including yours …

Thank you for kind words too about my book. And yes Ireland is now ruled by the same global elites working with global corporations everywhere.

But I still find the Irish people astonishing, really. This is coming from someone who has lived in 7 different countries. Never seen as much heart and piety as I have here. But great work is needed to save future generations ...