Living Locally

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by RosaryWielder, Jan 8, 2021.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Once I get back to my place, I plan on doing everything I can to live locally, in fact I'll probably already start searching-up my municipal government figures online. (I'll already know a bit about my mayor) I'd like some advice on how to be involved in local politics to help better defend myself and my community; also, how do find my local resistance movement, I've seen them demonstrating once in my street so I know they're out there, how do find them and join them?

(Update, while typing this, I received word that my local mayor just resigned! :eek: Please pray that the new mayor is good and not involved in the Great Reset!)

Suzanne, Clare A, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  2. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Principalities

I'm not sure about those things, but I've been feeling a strong interior pull to move about an hour and a half away to be in the diocese of Bishop Strickland, one of the few strong traditional Catholic bishops left in this country. He regularly holds Eucharistic processions and leads his flock in prayer and reparations, and I feel the safest I can be spiritually and even physically in this country is under the spiritual protection of a strong, faithful bishop. Although, I guess you never know when they'll be replaced with someone else...

Suzanne, RosaryWielder and Jo M like this.
  3. Jo M

Jo M Powers

There you go, run for mayor, RW!! (y) We just found out that Biden has nominated one of our Massachusetts mayors for Labor Secretary, Marty Walsh from Boston. Looks like it will be a year of big political job transitions.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    RosaryWielder likes this.
  4. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

I've been trying to move to a reverent parish for years, (right now my heart is set on Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Kelowna https://www.icckelowna.ca/ not only is it the only Latin Mass parish that I know of in my Diocese, but Kelowna itself also has a strong resistance movement.) but I can't, I don't have the money and resources to move so I'm staying put for now.

As for your plans, whether you stay or move I highly recommend that you get involved in your local and state government, it's your only defense on a natural level against the incoming Biden Administration, and all the evil it's most certainly bringing with it.

5. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Interesting, what exactly is required for being a mayor or municipal politician?

Jo M likes this.
  6. Christy Beth

Christy Beth Principalities

Why don't you ask someone at the local level that? I think you could stand a good chance of becoming Mayor RW. At least, it's worth a shot. I think I'm going to hunker down and pray like crazy. Maybe God will lead me to somewhere else, or someone else. Who knows what this all will bring. But prayer is, for now, my focus. Lord preserve us!!!! Dearest virgin Mary, pray for us.

RosaryWielder and Jo M like this.
  7. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Requirements can vary greatly depending on the city, you can start by looking on your local government's election board's website for more detailed information. It may also be helpful to go to city meetings, and events to find out about common issues and problems that your community may be dealing with, and also to introduce yourself to local officials. Certainly worth looking into.

RosaryWielder likes this.
  8. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

I'm leaning more in favour of it, but there is lot of information I've got to read through first, before I find out if it's doable.

I do like the idea the more I think about it.