Little Getsemani

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by "Quis ut Deus", Oct 11, 2022.

1. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

Dear Mother, I have still to tell you what I understand by the sweet odour of the Beloved. As Our Lord is now in Heaven, I can only follow Him by the footprints He has left—footprints full of life, full of fragrance. I have only to open the Holy Gospels and at once I breathe the perfume of Jesus, and then I know which way to run; and it is not to the first place, but to the last, that I hasten. I leave the Pharisee to go up, and full of confidence I repeat the humble prayer of the Publican. Above all I follow Magdalen, for the amazing, rather I should say, the loving audacity, that delights the Heart of Jesus, has cast its spell upon mine. It is not because I have been preserved from mortal sin that I lift up my heart to God in trust and love. I feel that even had I on my conscience every crime one could commit, I should lose nothing of my confidence: my heart broken with sorrow, I would throw myself into the Arms of my Saviour. I know that He loves the Prodigal Son, I have heard His words to St. Mary Magdalen, to the woman taken in adultery, and to the woman of Samaria. No one could frighten me, for I know what to believe concerning His Mercy and His Love. And I know that all that multitude of sins would disappear in an instant, even as a drop of water cast into a flaming furnace (...).

https://www.ccel.org/ccel/therese/autobio.xix.html

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    Carmelite, Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  2. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

Summary
    [​IMG]
    Read this work

This electronic edition of the autobiography of St. Thérèse of Lisieux (Story of a Soul) includes much, but not all, of the content of Soeur Thérèse of Lisieux, edited by Rev. T.N. Taylor. All the translated writings and sayings of St. Thérèse contained in that book are in this electronic edition, including the autobiography as well as "Counsels and Reminiscences," letters, and selected poems. Also included are the preface by Cardinal Bourne, the prologue relating Thérèse's parentage and birth, and the epilogue describing her final illness, her death, and related events. As one of the church's most beloved saints, Térèse Martin, Carmelite of Lisieux has had an impact on the spiritual lives of thousands of believers. This French nun's short life (ended at age 24) was one of great faith and insight, and she was named patroness of France in 1947. Her autobiography, Story of a Soul, has been translated from the French to many languages and is a bestseller worldwide.

Abby Zwart
    CCEL Staff Writer

https://ccel.org/ccel/therese/autobio/autobio.

Sam likes this.
  3. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

I go through strange and frightening experiences sometimes and dont know whether it is coming from God or not. It is very discouraging faith-wise when these scary feelings happen

Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
  4. AED

AED Powers

Not from God!

Seagrace, Carmelite and RoryRory like this.
  5. Sanctus

Struggling alot and feeling God is angry with me. There are signs coming from books I open that He is angry with me. I don't know what is coming from God and what is coming from the evil one. God seems to be working very mysteriously. I hope He forgives me. I wish I could experience God's light

Last edited: Sep 25, 2023
  6. Mario

Mario Powers

I am sorry for your anguish, Peter. Praying!:notworthy:

7. Sanctus

I feel I am damned and outside Gods mercy. Its horrible,I don't know what to do

8. AED

AED Powers

Praying.!!!!

9. padraig

padraig Powers

Poor Peter. Prayers.

Sanctus and Carmelite like this.
  10. Juanita

Juanita Angels

praying

Sanctus likes this.
  11. Sanctus

I hope I am in a state of grace. I keep telling God that I am sorry for my sins

12. border collie

border collie Archangels

Can you get a priest to pray the deliverance prayers of the church over you Sanctus? This is going on too long.

Seagrace, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Agree completely.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  14. Sanctus

I had prayers said over me last year. It's just I have a horrible fear of damnation. Maybe I'm going through the dark night of the soul. I'm sorry that this has been persisting for so long.

15. AED

AED Powers

I think an exorcist could sort this out for you.

Seagrace, Sanctus and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

17. Sanctus

Thanks HH. I said some of the prayers and they seemed to help, thank God. I will keep praying them.

AED likes this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

You can sign up online at that website for an exorcism prayer session Oct. 16 at 7pm EDT. That is late for you in your time zone. You can sign in to see it the next day at your convenience. I said it last time. It's wonderful. I'm signing up for Oct. 16. The deacon at my church has been assigned to the St. Michael Center part-time.
    The prayer session consists of Msgr Rossetti doing prayers of exorcism over us, and an assistant giving the responses with us.
    Denise on this forum benefits from this. I do, as well.

19. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Yes Sanctus Please sign up.

Sanctus and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  20. Sanctus

Going through a a very difficult time. Feeling very lonely and abandoned by God. Don't know what to do.its horrible. I can't see where Jesus is in all this suffering. I woke at 3am last night and heard that is a good sign. I will try and keep going even though things seem very difficult

Last edited: Oct 14, 2023