Little Getsemani

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by "Quis ut Deus", Oct 11, 2022.

1. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

I think we should look into our soul as a mirror that only reflects our faults, so that we never extol our good works but always extol God's great mercy. However, we must strive to be perfect, as our Father is:

LUKE 18:9-14

9 "He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even look up to heaven, but was beating his breast and saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other; for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”

I believe that some saints and mystics of the Church have lived only on the Eucharist for some years, perhaps so that we place all our hope of salvation in the sacramental life of the Church, even when the memory of the grave sins of the past returns to torment us and make us doubt God's forgiveness.

Seagrace and Sanctus like this.
  2. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

I am suffering alot and feel I have lost my faith. Praying and asking Jesus for help. I'm afraid I have lost Gods grace.

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Be not afraid,

4. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Strength and courage are always in front of you...always in the presence of our Lord.

Luan Ribeiro, Sanctus and AED like this.
  5. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

Then, tell God that.
    Tell Him you've lost all the faith that is yours and if there's anything left, it is only what He has given.
    I find myself saying these words when I am broken and crushed and am too exhausted to fight. It has never failed me. I suspect it is because God wants my admission of humility in order to help me. He waits for me to come before Him and in effect, tell Him I am emptied of all that is of me and that I need Him.

Find this humility within you and go before Him.

6. padraig

padraig Powers

Prayers at Mass.:) I so wish I could do more.

The bigger the Cross the Bigger the Crown. If there is one thing that is a sure sign of sanctity it is the Cross.
    First the Cross , then the Easter. First the Night, then the dawn.

Luan Ribeiro and Sanctus like this.
  7. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

Thanks seagrace. Going through very strange suffering and darkness

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  8. AED

AED Powers

I wish and pray you can find a priest with the necessary charism to pray over you and discern whats going on.

9. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

I will not be wrong in saying you're far from being alone in this experience. It is the cross many bear. Even on this forum, there are those who suffer deeply - and yet, they rise and rise again each time they fall from the weight of the cross.

I myself am going through an unyielding winter in my spirit. Fearing that I had brought it upon myself due to some sin, I took it to God. My Father's response was,
    Receive the season
    Endure

And so, each time I feel the sting of the times, I repeat to myself, Endure. I must endure for love of my Jesus.
    It is a deliberate act of will to focus on endure - rather than on the suffering. Some days are harder than others. Mother Mary, the saints, the angels and the Holy Souls are with me - even if I do not always sense this consolation. On my part, I trouble them endlessly for help to endure:D

The trick is to focus on what you can do with the suffering - rather than to keep agonising over it.

10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Perfect!

11. AED

AED Powers

So beautifully and powerfully said. What a profound message you received. Receive the season. Endure. Words for all of us for as you say we are all bending under the weight of our crosses. Our Lord is asking us to endure for His sake. To unite with Him for poor sinners in our own "territory of souls" and in the world. Like the children of Fatima. The word "season" resonates with me. A season means there will be a shift at some point. A new season. Thank you for sharing this Seagrace.

Adoremus, RoryRory, Sam and 4 others like this.
  12. Carmelite

Carmelite Archangels

Excellent:)

Sam, Luan Ribeiro, Seagrace and 3 others like this.
  13. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

Thank you for this precious hope, AED. You're very right. Seasons change and shift. Someday, something good and beautiful will come. I've been so focused on keeping my head down and trying to walk straight that I forgot about how necessary this hope is.
    Again, thank you.

14. AED

AED Powers

You are so welcome. Hope is necessary. Our Lord once gave me this from Isaiah: no one who has hoped in Me has ever been disappointed.
    I cling to that. And remind Him from time to time.

Seagrace, RoryRory, Carmelite and 3 others like this.
  15. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

I believe that many of our problems are predestined by God as a way to bestow his grace upon us and enhance the attribute of his mercy; a man born blind came into the world in that condition so that his healing would emphasize the divine ministry of Our Lord; Anneliese Michel suffered for years from demonic possession to show the world that the spirit world exists amidst the decline of faith in the second half of the 20th century; spiritual attacks on the individual faith of members of this forum constitute a means of mutual sanctification in this forum through a large network of intercession for members in need of spiritual succor. As I mentioned a few times in this forum, the sin of the century is the loss of the sense of sin according to Pope Pius XII, and I can see that you did not fall into this serious error, @Sanctus , which constitutes the basis for your full justification through the merits of the Precious Blood of Christ.

16. padraig

padraig Powers

If you had really lost your Faith you would never suffer from loosing it.

17. padraig

padraig Powers

You're doing loads better than you think you are.

I think Fr Ripperger has a great prayer against diabolical oppression which you should say every day.

It's not your fault but I think the devil might be on your tail .

RoryRory, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  18. padraig

padraig Powers

Anyway it's worth trying and won't do any harm trying, look it up

19. AED

AED Powers

Yes. I agree Padraig. I think so too.

20. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Monsignor Rossetti. There is an article on Today’s Spirit Daily about these thoughts. Exorcist diary # 256 I think . Valuable for you Sanctus.

Sam, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.