Like the deer.........

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by padraig, May 5, 2011.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

[​IMG]

Psalm 42

Like the deer that yearns
    for running streams,
    so my soul is yearning
    for you, my God.

My soul is thirsting for God,
    the God of my life;
    when can I enter and see
    the face of God?

I felt such a longing for heaven and God this afternoon and this evening. I would depart this life in an instant without looking back if God would permit it. The citizen of Earth becomes the citizen of heaven thorugh prayer and for so many years this has been so ; I find myself an alien in a strange land.

But life passes in an instant. St Teresa says that life is just a night in a bad hotel. I fond I am so distant than those around me myheart has already taken abode in the Golden City. I become more and more a stranger here. God is my home, may I open my eyes to see Him face to face.

I Have loved this life and been happy here, but of all the gifts God has granted me here none has been finer than the Gift of the Cross. But after the Cross comes the Resurrection and how I long to see this.

2. Mario

Mario Powers

Padraig,

And what was today's responsorial at Holy Mass: One thing I seek: to dwell in the house of the Lord. :D

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

3. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Padraig: The I believe your feeling of being an alien is so symptomatic of the loss of faith around you. I try connect with others every once in a while but I'm most often faced with road blocks, often having to do with sin (whether it be my own mistakes/sin or the persistance of sin in others). The rosary has brought me more friends though. I was quite lonely two years ago, and then started with y'all on this site and prayer and from that point good things have come. But its not an overwhelming number of people I've found who connect on this level and deeper.

Imagine a place where everyone believes fully in the grace of God. I know the warning is a ways off, but afterward we may gain glimpse of heaven on earth as many will figure it out and believe. I hope to see that time, but I agree heaven is the ultimate end zone.
    I'm glad you are here for now.
    sigh, Kath

4. padraig

padraig New Member

I think Kathleen that nowhere else on Earth have I seen the Veil between Heaven and Earth thin so dramtically as in Medugorje. I understand that Medugorje brings a multiplicity of Charisms to each pilgrim, but I think my own personal Charism was this.

I found that people, in most cases complete strangers were coming up to me and laying their souls bare before me and I was hearing there deepest loves, fears, cares and hopes, their lives were laid bare in front of me. Jesus said,

Matthew 18:3
    3and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4“Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5“And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

[​IMG]

Now it seems to me this great rustfulness and childlikeness is completely the opposite of the SPirit of the World and the SPirit of the Age which is to eoncorage a false sophistication and sophistry the very opposite of Heaven. In heaven we shall regain the art of being a very , very simple child of Mary.

But there is deep hunger in our hearts to regain innocnece ,an innocense we have lost over and over again and return to the simplicity of utter truth and candour.

For this is how we shall be clothed in heaven, from the inside out we shall wear our inner names of who we really are in garments of shining white.

Romans 8:22
    We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

[​IMG]

Jeremiah 12:4 How long will the land lie parched and the grass in every field be withered? Because those who live in it are wicked, the animals and birds have perished. Moreover, the people are saying, "He will not see what happens to us."

5. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

I wish I could experience Medugorje- I am sure the world will be a similar experience after the warning. I don't need to go there for my faith but I do yearn for it like a beautiful treat.

I have to share...I am so tickled- I have to share what one of my staff sent me in an email this morning. My Islamic staff sent me a quote on how to live a happy life with God by Mother Theresa! Some days are better than others. This was a good one. I've no doubt she will recognize Our Lord when her time comes.

God is good to send me reminders of the struggles of others to find the same path to him. Kath

6. darrell

darrell New Member

Hi everyone! :)

I want to share how very good God is to me. He always gives me little signs and little gifts - nothing that a doubter or unbeliever couldn't dimiss _ but I know they are gifts. My family and I just returned from a vacation in Alaska, and it was incredible. I chartered a fishing boat and took my youngest son Dusty fishing. I thanked God for a beatiful day and I prayed that my little son catch one big fish.

Early in the day, I caught a little red snapper, too small to keep so threw him back. A few seconds later a bald eagle swooped down over my head and plucked the fish I had thrown back out of the water right in front of me!

We weren't catching any fish for the rest of the day, and with about 30 minutes left before we had to call it a day, we hooked a big one. I helped Dusty to land a 30+ pound King Salmon!

God is very good.

7. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

nice to see you posting again darrell!!

Beautiful signs from God indeed!

8. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

Hi Darrell!
    We missed you!
    That is a great story! It is so wonderful when you get to see a child do something like that for the first time...and thanks to God for his help in the little miracle for him and you that day.

I also think the Eagle was a sign. God loves to use birds and butterflies to get our attention. Birds, I think, are special messengers of God because of their intelligence and their flying ability...(I actually think they have a rapport with Him and maybe even with angels! They certainly had a rapport with St. Francis...lol). Butterflies, I think angels may influence them. People notice butterflies, so it is a way for our angels to get us to notice them, perhaps? I truly believe that as I have countless accounts of both that were such beautirul signs of something like a "comment" on whatever was going on at the moment. He could have been telling you so many difrrerent things with that eagle, but I have a feeling you will know what he was trying to tell you. If not, I bet your angel knows! :D

9. padraig

padraig New Member

Nice to hear from you Darrell, hope you and yours ar all well. :)