Life News

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by TinNM, Jun 30, 2021.

1. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

I was in a forum and a catchall for a lot of news was "Life News", maybe better in it's own category than "Signs ."

In the UK:

Street Preacher Who Preaches Against Abortion Awarded $4,500 After False Arrest

A British street preacher who preaches against abortion has been awarded $4,500 along with attorney fees after a judge heard his lawsuit against a local police department following a wrongful arrest. The judge awarded him for wrongful arrest, false imprisonment and violating his human rights.

David McConnell had been preaching in Huddersfield town center in December 2019 when he was arrested for “a hate related public order offense.” McConnell, who was supported in his case by The Christian Institute, was kept in police

custody for about six hours before being released without charge.

See More at: https://www.lifenews.com/2021/06/28...nst-abortion-awarded-4500-after-false-arrest/
    Another good article:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
    Beth B likes this.
  2. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

3. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I hope this event is also a fund raiser….a lot of wealthy folks…..should bring in a few bucks ! …Hopefully…..

TinNM likes this.
  4. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

I would think it is a charity fundraiser.

Beth B likes this.
  5. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Byron likes this.
  6. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

7. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

A few years ago on twitter, I found out about this pro-life woman from Africa, Obianuju Ekeocha (I know, I have enough problems spelling it, she is Catholic), she is from Nigeria, on twitter: Obianuju Ekeocha (@obianuju) / Twitter She had some sort of zoom conference I believe showed in our Archdiocese, I know she has gone to England to talk... So, she's probably a real hero:

Here, she is talking to the UN, this is a pretty good interaction to watch, this is mind blowing, a must-see and not too long:

Above, the lady is Danish, some say the West is dying...yet, by 2100 for example, some projections are that Nigeria will have a larger population than the US.

She talks about Bill and Melinda Gates here, this is also a good short video. Obianuju is total wisdom.

Bill Gates at least, makes me sick and there are articles in the news nowadays about the wild parties he's given, etc.

It seems like it can be established that Bill Gates father had some involvement in population control type movements.

As NBC News reports, William Gates Sr. was a trustee of the organization and worked on the board of Planned Parenthood prior to his death in September 2020. Therefore, it's safe to assume that any online theories relating to his association with Planned Parenthood were likely inspired by his work in this field.

The Truth About Bill Gates' Connection To Planned Parenthood (thelist.com)

Read More: https://www.thelist.com/403381/the-...tion-to-planned-parenthood/?utm_campaign=clip

upload_2021-7-2_9-13-12.png

[​IMG]

Father Mitch Pacwa:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    Booklady and Sam like this.
  8. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

I don't mean to be redundant but here is some news from Ireland I just saw:

Irish couple to receive damages over advice that led to unnecessary abortion
    Rebecca Price terminated pregnancy after being mistakenly told foetus had fatal abnormality

[​IMG]
    Rebecca Price and Patrick Kiely leaving the Four Courts. Photograph: Collins Photo Agency

Rory Carroll Ireland correspondent
    @rorycarroll72
    Wed 23 Jun 2021 11.27 EDT

A couple in Ireland are to be awarded damages for being mistakenly told their unborn baby had a fatal foetal abnormality, which led them to terminate the pregnancy.

The high court in Dublin will consider the damages to be paid to Rebecca Price and Patrick Kiely on Wednesday after medical personnel and institutions involved in the case admitted liability.

Price said she had suffered all-consuming physical and mental trauma since discovering she had unnecessarily terminated her pregnancy what would would have been her first child, a boy to be named Christopher Joseph Kiely.

A lawyer representing Merrion Fetal Health Clinic, one of the defendants, called it a “terribly sad” case.

Irish couple to receive damages over advice that led to unnecessary abortion | Ireland | The Guardian
    Yes, the Guardian leans left but they still have some decent articles among some unseemly ones....

Sam likes this.
  9. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

Amazing, I know one needs a subscription to the New York Times but even they give a bit of praise to "October Baby" which I thought was a pretty good movie, the woman survived an attempted abortion, can one believe that? Well, I know we hear about them, (for the record, Ryan Bomberger who speaks in the USA is another one, his website: Ryan Scott Bomberger – The Radiance Foundation ) And back to "October Baby", it appears to be free on Gloria TV, link belo0w.

Film Inspired by ‘Abortion Survivor’ Is Quiet Hit
    By Melena Ryzik
    April 4, 2012

As mass entertainment goes, the abortion debate does not typically count as good Saturday-night date movie fare; the subject rarely makes it to the mainstream multiplex. But at a time when the issue is once again causing agitation in political circles, a small film, “October Baby,” about a woman who learns she is, as the movie puts it, a “survivor of a failed abortion,” is making a dent at theaters across the country.

The movie, the first feature by a pair of filmmaking brothers from Birmingham, Ala., opened the same weekend as the chart-topping “Hunger Games,” but with the backing of evangelical groups and churches, “October Baby” managed to open at No. 8 and, through Sunday, had made $2.8 million, more than three times its production budget. It is expected to move to more than 500 screens on April 13.

Distributed by Samuel Goldwyn Films and the Sony-owned Provident Films, which specializes in socially-conservative religious fare, it benefited from the kind of grass-roots religion-focused marketing (enlisting Bible and prayer groups and ministries) that has carried their other Christian-oriented movies, like “Fireproof” and “Courageous,” to box-office success.

More at link: ‘October Baby’ Film Makes a Dent at the Box Office - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    I rented it when it came out from Redbox, those are in the US, link to the movie:

October Baby 2012 MOVIE – gloria.tv

It is about Gianna Jessen: Gianna Jessen | Abortion Survivor, Pro-Life Advocate, Speaker

"God is using Gianna to remind the world that each human being is precious to Him. It is beautiful to see the strength of the love of Jesus, which he has poured into her heart. My prayer for Gianna, and for all who listen to her, is that this message of God’s love will put an end to abortion with the power of love. " - Mother Teresa

I think the plot is, is that the abortion survivor goes to meet her mother who aborted her, something like that.

Billy Graham website discusses: The Story Behind "October Baby" (billygraham.org)

Gianna was looking in the eyes of her birth mom, who had tried to abort her nearly 35 years ago. Only Gianna survived that saline attempt.
    There is a Catholic Priest in the above movie, so Catholic movie or just overall Christian movie? It's not important. The movie looks slightly cropped at the top.

Other news, Northern Ireland, her picture at the link:

Baby Girl Given Just Minutes to Live After Birth, Now She’s 3 and Doing Great.
    Baby Girl Given Just Minutes to Live After Birth, Now She’s 3 and Doing Great (lifenews.com)

So, bless her heart. :cry::cry:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  10. indaiatubano

indaiatubano Principalities

AED, TinNM and Mario like this.
  11. indaiatubano

indaiatubano Principalities

Pro-abortion Politicians: Can We Actually Dialogue?

Donna259 and TinNM like this.
  12. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

The inspiring life of Akkaraparambil, known as “Simon,” came to a tragic end when he climbed on top of a 50-feet-high coconut tree on Feb. 12 to chop it into pieces: The tree collapsed, killing him, in his neighborhood of Adat in the Thrissur district of the southern Indian state of Kerala.

Tragic Death of a Pro-Life Father Challenges Church in India’s Christian Heartland| National Catholic Register (ncregister.com)
    We just had an order move into a church nearby. I'm thinking all of the Priests are from India. Only one will be Pastor of the Church but there is a living quarters at the Church grounds. I think the Pastor and 3 others are going to be living in this nice house over there. I was thinking of trying to attend some masses over there. I don't entirely know "what's up" so far, they moved in July 1st, their pictures were in the bulletin. And now, a fair sized Indian community here may have a church to go to. I met someone and this is where they are from as in the story, Kerala. If anyone wants to know more, I thought they could message me rather than posting all of that here.

But anyway, a sad story about Father Simon.

May you rest in the arms of the Lord who formed you from the dust of the earth.

May holy Mary, the angels and all the saints welcome you now that you have gone forth from this life.

May Christ who was crucified for you, bring you freedom and peace.

May Christ who died for you admit you into his garden of paradise.

May Christ, the true Shepherd, embrace you as one of his flock.

May he forgive all your sins, and set you among those he has chosen.

May you see your Redeemer face to face, and enjoy the vision of God, forever.​

13. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

She's a Doctor, she's swam long distances if you watch the video.

Oh, and btw, she has down-syndrome. I know so little about down-syndrome.

Dr. Karen Gaffney:

See around the 50 second mark, she's swam from Alcatraz to the Mainland. I believe she lives in Florida.

Karen Gaffney Foundation |

One of the main actors of this movie, "The Christ Slayer" has down syndrome, he is an assistant to the Roman soldier.

The movie is about Longinus who thrust a lance into Christ's side at the Crucifixion.

Believe it or not, Longinus may have actually been blind, see: Longinus - Wikipedia So, I'm not sure if the movie is that good, small company independent production. I watched it some. It was okay.

Christian legend has it that Longinus was a blind Roman centurion who thrust the spear into Christ's side at the crucifixion. Some of Jesus's blood fell upon his eyes and he was healed. Upon this miracle Longinus believed in Jesus.[12]
    So, a bit of a fantastic story.

Beth B and Julia like this.
  14. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

How in the name of God could anyone believe a Roman soldier was blind. Not even stretching the imagination could come up with a blind soldier on a battlefield unless after an injury. Guide dogs for the blind had not been invented two thousand years ago, or had they.

15. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

If he were blind in just one eye, I could see that a bit more. Reading below, this is how it was per some sources, blind in one eye.

The Catholic Defender: Holy Week Remembers St. Longinus (deepertruthcatholics.com)

According to Church Tradition, St. Longinus was the soldier who pierced the side of the Crucified Savior with a spear. Longinus was chief of the soldiers who were present at the Crucifixion of the Lord on Golgotha.

The legend of St. Longinus states that having been wounded in a past battle, he was blind in one eye.

He was healed when he pierced the side of Jesus with his spear and some of the blood and water from Jesus fell into his eyes.
    It's a wild story alright. Maybe with a bit of work, it could make a good movie. I'm kind of lost watching it but they tried. Very independent, on the lower budget end.

AED likes this.
  16. AED

AED Powers

There is a great novel by Louis DeWohl available through Ignatius press called The Spear about St Longinus. A good read.
    In the film The Passion the soldier with the spear had his eyes healed. Lovely subtle reference to St Longinus.

HeavenlyHosts and TinNM like this.
  17. garabandal

garabandal Powers

How about telling abortionists they are going to hell.

Oh wait hell is empty.

18. AED

AED Powers

(y)

Beth B and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. TinNM

TinNM Archangels

I don't mean to belabor this thread but... this was a story a few years ago, it also happened in Canada:

Killed Fetuses Incinerated to Heat Hospital | National Review

Now, coming out here in the US and just as bad if not worse, I'm not pointing fingers at countries:

HHS (Human and Health Services), FDA, (Food and Drug Administration, a government agency) :

HHS Secretary Becerra shuts down fetal research ethics advisory board (liveaction.org)

Department of Health and Human Services secretary Xavier Becerra recently shut down the National Institutes of Health’s Human Fetal Tissue Ethics Advisory Board, which was responsible for providing oversight for human fetal tissue research and experimentation. The board formerly had the ability to veto research proposals it found ethically questionable.

In response, 137 congressional Republicans sent a letter to Becerra urging the reversal of this decision, due to the poor ethical track record of previous federally funded projects involving human fetal tissue. As an example, the letter highlights recent documents obtained via the Freedom of Information Act and published by Judicial Watch which revealed the FDA’s routineorders for eyeballs, livers, skin, brains, skulls, and sometimes fully intact bodies of infants aborted in the second trimester” from Advanced Bioscience Resources, which has acted as a fetal tissue procuring middleman between the federal government and Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion chain.​

This is pretty scary stuff for me. Going too far for me and should about anyone. Even if one happened to be "pro-choice", at least, it'd be good to not believe it should go farther than the use of cells in my opinion.

So, not to belabor the point but this is a pretty important story.

20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I think I understand your point. Biden’s gang are over the top evil proaborts….but we cannot accept using aborted babies cells. They may not be fully developed “Baby parts”, but that baby cell is definitely a human baby cell. It’s part of a human regardless of its development. ( if I understood your comment …?)

Michael Pio and TinNM like this.