Lessons from a virus

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by garabandal, Mar 20, 2020.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

What is God trying to teach us thorugh this virus crisis?

We cannot rely on government, on modernisation or on globilization.

There are fundamental flaws in way the world operates - we are over dependent on global trade and markets.

Look at the shops - many empty shelves. Toilet rolls stacked high on trollys disappeared quicker than ice in a desert.

The system is weak and close to collapse (again).

It may not collapse completely this time but there is no doubt it could in the future and God is giving us time to get ready.

Is it possible to get out of this system? To go local? To live a simpler life closer to nature and the land. Perhaps to grow our own food, at least semi-detached so that when the collapse comes then we can survive.

Many of us are 'work slaves' trapped within the system.

I am thinking out loud. I am trapped in the system wondering how to get as detached as possible.

Perhaps, it is not possible?

Thoughts please!

Suzanne, Denmomof3, padraig and 5 others like this.
  2. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

Even if one goes off grid - or semi off grid, the world is such that ones neighbour will steal what little you have when your back is turned.
    This is unfortunate, pessimistic, I know. But I believe the world is in a downward spiral that will not be reversed. Mankind has little appetite for God.
    God is not mentioned at all here in catholic Ireland with respect to the virus. On the radio, in the media generally - there is simply no mention of Him.
    If this is the precursor; it is simply that. For what is required is something way more than this. Mankind is too far gone.

I think the very brains of human beings have been so altered, so dramatically altered by behaviour - by sin.. as to be almost unrecognizable compared to what God actually created.

3. Sean Dowling

Sean Dowling New Member

I think your right that we're very far off the grid and if it wasn't for our Lady's promise that her heart will triumph I would see little hope. Faith is laughed at or dismissed as a comfort these days and Christianity is very counter culture . Our truth is the real truth but ''let those who have ears listen" as Our Lord said . Maybe time at home with less distractions might open and otherwise distracted heart.
    I get bewildered looks when I bring up prayer , even at home. So I pray myself and leave God to unfold his plans . God bless us all.

Suzanne, HeavenlyHosts, Sam and 6 others like this.
  4. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

He's teaching me to again be a good steward (of food & home-related items, money, fuel for a vehicle).

To again not take things for granted.

The young girl I once was, was much more disciplined than her later self. :coffee:

5. Evenstar

Evenstar Angels

My husband and I were talking about this this evening. We believe the Lord is permitting this to get us to draw closer to him and to get us ready for what really is coming.
    And the strange thing is, even though i've hardly left the house these past days, time is absolutely flying. Normally if I'm inside as much as this the day would drag on. Has anyone else noticed this?

6. sparrow

sparrow Powers

We've always wanted to get off grid with a piece of land that is secluded but it costs much more than we can ever afford. Plus you're right about the fact that if you have something, others will take it by force if it gets bad out there.. So do what you can, trust in God, pray, hope and don't worry...

HeavenlyHosts, Sam, Denmomof3 and 3 others like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Yes.

HeavenlyHosts, Denmomof3 and padraig like this.
  8. padraig

padraig New Member

[​IMG]

We're at eight times our normal Traffic. With over 8.000 daily visitors.

These are not normal times. I need to keep the Mother of God Forum going. If I issue an instruction to someone on the forum, please , respect my request.:):)

I don't want to seem bossy, but my aim is to keep this site going. :)

Otherwise this may turn into a kind of mad house.

Be loving and kind and forgiving.

Be calm and peaceful.:)

I stress this to all new comers. I know our older members will do this anyway.

No mad nonsense.:).. or I'll ban you off this site at once without warning or explanation right away.

Behave , show respect for our Beliefs as we show respect and freedom of expression to your own.

This is a Catholic spiritual forum .

CATHOLIC.

Catholic or not you're very, very welcome here.

Respect this. We are Catholics; this is a Catholic Site.

Behave or be gone.

HeavenlyHosts, Evenstar and torrentum like this.
  9. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

We have a garden, we've always had a garden. My goal is to feed people if they come and are hungry! I am not worried about people taking things.

10. sparrow

sparrow Powers

Oh yes. For years now it’s been quite noticeable that time has sped up. We’re hurtling headlong into something..

11. During difficult times, I always seem to think of St. Francis of Assisi, he wore a tunic, with a rope around it for a belt, & a pair of sandals on his feet. How poorer or simpler could one be? Yet he possessed everything & more, by having the Gospel on his mind, on his lips, & in his heart. ❤️

12. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

While it is good and noble to be ready to offer food if someone is in need, it is prudent to be careful about making it known that you have more than enough to survive. Sadly it is not so much a fear that people might take things, it is the intrusion/burglary and the possibility that you could be harmed in the process.

One of our daughters has been prudent in keeping extra in case of emergency. She phoned her local Priest yesterday and asked if she could offer some basics to anyone in desperate need. The Priest was in tears, and said he had just put the phone down from a woman who was desperate, had no food and two teenage children, this happened because of empty shelves and a mother who could only get to the shop after work. My daughter offered to bake a couple of loaves of bread, and someone from the Church will come today and collect it.

I warned her to be very careful, even Pastors get beyond holy if and when starvation kicks in, and she must be careful about letting anyone know, her house would be worth breaking into if they were hungry.

By the way, she does not practice her faith, but I am very proud of her for thinking of those who might be in need. I told her to just be careful not to have a rumour go round that she has anything spare, or she could become a target, she lives on her own. I say don't invite trouble, we see how cruel some people have been, even fighting over shopping. Very scary and sad. God protect and preserve us.

13. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

On a lighter note. It seems evident that the woke community are more interested in Loo Roll than Food. It would be funny if it was not pathetic.

And thank God this crisis has silenced all the 'minority' groups who vie for the most pity in the human rights pandemic we endured pre corona virus.

HeavenlyHosts, AED, torrentum and 2 others like this.
  14. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

It says a lot about how far we have fallen, doesn't it, that the thing people value most is something that gets flushed down the toilet. That speaks volumes about where we're at.

Suzanne, AED and jackzokay like this.
  15. torrentum

torrentum Archangels

Thank you Garabandal for starting this thread.
    Our modern world looks a bit like the feet in Daniels vision - not the beautiful, strong, shiny, glorious Golden tech world we might have thought, but rather, a mix of clay and rusted iron.
    I’ve always thought the advice of “A friend of Medjugorje” made sense- ie we need to return to a life centered around the soil, a more agricultural centered life, based around the home and the simplest (most wonderful) of things - tilling the soil, planting the seeds, working as a family and as a community, engraving God and prayer into our routines.
    In this way, Gods presence is effortless. And constant.
    As I mentioned on another thread, I’ve recently, dug out a small chunk of land to prepare for planting. It was a spiritual nudge I got last year that prompted me to dig.
    I can’t understand how so many plant big lawns, and care for them, and water them, and weed them, and then go and fight over food in shops at times like these!!
    I’m very determined to at least feed myself in the future. A half acre of potatoes and turnips and beetroot would be a start. They’re relatively easy to grow.
    I’ll trial it this year and see how she fares.
    But it’s interesting how you’ve posted these thoughts.
    I wonder - has God given me and you and how many thousands of other similar thoughts?
    The virus is a big wake up call for us all.

16. AED

AED Powers

Sure does. Indeed it does.

17. AED

AED Powers

You are right and yes I think God has given many these similar thoughts. It's the reason we bought our house 32 years ago. It was in a state of disrepair and had many things "wrong" with it but it has land. And a source for water and plenty of fuel (wood). We have always had large gardens thanks to my husband. And fruit trees and berries. We were able to buy it miraculously thanks to St Joseph. Last year feeling overwhelmed with the size of it and work it takes to keep up we considered "downsizing" and selling but I wasnt sure if Our Lord meant for that so I asked Him to give us a sign. A big sign that I couldnt miss. My son called the next day from overseas and said out of the blue "dont sell the house. When you are ready to leave it we want to take it over." None of us could have foreseen this current need for such a place for so many reasons but of course Jesus knew so He answered my prayer and here we are. A year later. Thanks be to God.

Suzanne, HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

Just a little tip I heard from the hospital.
    It seems a lot of people are picking up the virus while refuelling their cars. While picking up the refuelling nozzle if you grip it with a paper towel and throw it away afterwards.

Also be careful of shopping trolleys and using the buttons on payment machines.

The best thing of all is to use disposable gloves when you're out and about and of course keep cleaning your hands like crazy all the time.:)

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  19. You know I have been listening to how the virus spreads and lives apparently it does not like the sun I wonder if we pass our hands under a strong uv light like a nail polish lamp or sun lamp would that help kill the spread..... Who knows.. Oh my just realised the star War fans would love that... They will all be running about with light sabers :D

20. AED

AED Powers

When the summer months come perhaps that will help curtail it.