Just imagine what the choir of Angels sound like..

Discussion in 'Music' started by Don_D, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I am always astounded by the beauty that has been brought about by the worship and love of God. From choirs to Cathedrals, to sculpture and magnificent paintings.

Altar_in_Amiens_Cathedral2.JPG
    Michelangelo-pieta2.jpg

Eisenheim-Alterpiece1.jpg
    William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_(1825-1905)_-_Pieta_(1876).jpg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

Sometimes in Church I lvoe to count the number of angels there are in the statues, paintings, mosaics. Sometimes I get to over 50, many of them very,very beautiful.

Listneing to classical music again and again and again it is religious themed. The same with paintings and poetry and song.

I can see why the angels sing, it is a higher form of expression, like poetry.

DesertStar7, Shae and Agnes rose like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

One thing I notice about Our Lady is how always ,always, always great beauty surrounds her.

Great music, great art, great architecture, great poetry, great literature, great prayer, wonderful liturgy and sacramentals. It is as if the Church exhausts itself in praising her. ..and rightly so.

Also I notice surrounding her the veil between heaven and Earth somehow lifts.

I have taken to calling into a local grotto when walking the dogs in the dark evenings. I expect to be alone but it is surprising how often I am not. The other evning I called in and a Indian man was there alone praying in from of the statue. But so engrossed in his prayer he did not even notice us there. Just so striking and moving.

SgCatholic, DesertStar7, Shae and 3 others like this.
  4. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

Shae and Don_D like this.
  5. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

It certainly brings out the best in people doesn't it?

Shae and djmoforegon like this.
  6. Ed Kleese

Ed Kleese Servant

Shae likes this.
  7. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

I'm so glad you started this thread on Sacred Music. It has the power to lift me straight-away to heaven.

One of my favorite composers is Maurice Durufle...

Don_D, Dolours and Shae like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This photo is my avatar!
    I found it online a few years ago. It is actually a photo taken in a thunderstorm from the Washington Monument in DC.
    I think I see God at the top of the clouds but in the above photo, He is obscured by the word requiem. Please don’t throw tomatoes at me for saying that I think I see Him.
    In the video, His face is prominent.
    Beautiful music.

Sanctus, Don_D and djmoforegon like this.
  9. Gary david

Gary david Archangels

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

Angels do not sing as we do. The angel is the song. They are like compasses that always point to God. We are endlessly distracted they are pure song.

HeavenlyHosts and Gary david like this.
  11. Gary david

Gary david Archangels

Amen, to those words brother.
    God bless...

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

flawless, awesome:love:

14. padraig

padraig New Member

15. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

16. djmoforegon

djmoforegon Powers

I could not think of something more beautiful to honor Our Lord and His Mercy than this.

HeavenlyHosts, maryn and DesertStar7 like this.
  17. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

My soul was literally (without my realizing it) STARVED for all this, as lifelong Protestant, until recently. And no wonder. My church from ages 5 to 18 was friendly and caring, but it lacked depth, had little continuity, drew on shallow resources, and wasn't nurturing. Scant physical beauty. Interior very austere. A few gourds and ears of "Indian corn" on the plain wooden altar at harvest time was quite a sight! Christmas & Easter we got "decorated up" a bit, but nothing lavish.

I think that area of the US had been strongly influenced by Puritanism.

I discovered poetry in 2014. Began writing it in 2016. Shortly after, I became strongly drawn to Catholicism.

Everything then came together. Grand music, opulent art and sculpture, lovely poetry, etc. Now my soul is satisfied. :)

18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you!