June 18, 2014 - Joey Lomangino has passed away.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Glenn, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn

Glenn Guest

earthoangels, Conchita told Joey she would speak to the Virgin Mary about him. Joey left Garabandal on the same day, March 19, 1964. Two weeks later at his home in Lindenhurst, New York, he received a letter from Conchita:
    St. Joseph’s Day
    My Dear Joseph,
    Just two lines to tell you the message which the Blessed Virgin gave me for you today at the pines…she told me that the voice you heard was hers and that you shall see on the very day of the Miracle. She also told me that the House of Charity you will establish in New York will bring great glory to God.
    Conchita Gonzalez

2. Peter I. Galace

Peter I. Galace New Member

About ten years ago, I was privileged to stay for several days in Queensland, Australia at the house of John and Helen Leriou, the promoters and heads of the Australian Garabandal Movement. (Both are now deceased.) John told me of an incident months earlier. Maria Saraco, another Garabandal promoter from the U.S., called and asked him: "John, if Joey Lomangino dies, will you still believe in Garabandal?" The question was intriguing and made John think what it all meant. At that time, Joey was already in poor health.
    We have read, of course, in many Garabandal publications that one of the visionaries (was it Conchita?) told Joey of a message from the Blessed Virgin Mary about his "eyesight" getting restored after witnessing the Great Miracle in Garabandal. With Joey's death even before the Great Miracle had happened, we are all puzzled and many are beginning to doubt the authenticity of the Garabandal apparitions.
    The question prompted John to call several contacts in the Garabandal movement to furnish him a copy of the original Spanish transcription of the prophecy on Joey. He then had it translated again in English. As it turned out, the message can be interpreted or translated in English in many ways. One translation could run this way..."At the time of the Miracle, Joey will be able to see and see forever." Notice that it doesn't differ so much from the first translation that we were all told in Garabandal publications..."that Joey will see the Miracle and his 'eyesight' will be restored."
    As for me, I continue to believe in the Message of Garabandal...
    Rest in peace Joey. We will continue to pray for the eternal repose of your soul. God bless.
    -- Peter I. Galace
    Manila, Philippines

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    LittleOne likes this.
  3. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Amen! As I was scrolling through the various posts, I kept having the same thought. In my humble opinion, this does not really change anything regarding the validity of Garabandal. God is mystery and so are His ways. I have no doubt that in due time, all will be made clear.

More importantly, may Joey rest in peace. He was the sort of person that, although I did not know him personally, I always felt like I knew him personally. A true soldier of Our Lady. I will keep Joey and his family in my prayers.

Glenn, you also have my condolences. Stay strong -- and do not let the naysayers get under your skin. Now is a time to remember the wonderful man Joey was (and is) and to celebrate his devotion to Our Lady of Garabandal. All is well.

Peace!

4. Thank you Glenn for your response to my request....in this wording I believe is much help and even clarification:

<i>she told me that the voice you heard was hers and that you shall see on the very day of the Miracle.</i>

Will Joey "see" then clearly his own major part played in this major communication from heaven and how very much he was loved and trusted by his Mother for his simple trust and faith in doing what She wanted....he will see the very purpose then of everything because he trusted? We are rewarded far more than what we expect!

MomsCalling likes this.
  5. jehanne

jehanne New Member

It has been so long since I have read accounts about Garabandal that I recall did inspire me at the time. So now we have some things that may not be lining up with what so many thought would have to be? Well... since life places so many demands upon our time and efforts, instead of worrying about it I am just going to say this. As far as I am concerned, the events that unfolded at Garabandal back in the early 1960's almost assuredly have to have been supernatural. So to the doubters that are questioning if this was from God (because certain signs are not manifesting as expected) then what is your verdict? Because if it is not of God then it is of His adversary, the devil. It is of supernatural origins, so for me those are the only two explanations. Not only would I caution anyone from calling it of the evil one, I cannot in any way, shape or form see how that could be? The fruits of this apparition are holy and glorious. That is the sign we all should be looking for. Fiat.

jerry likes this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

:):confused: I am seeing 306 people on the site????

Must be seeing wrong.

MomsCalling and Carmel333 like this.
  7. archangel michael

archangel michael Moderator Staff Member

Spirit Daily has a link to this page about Joey's passing. May he rest in peace.

8. MarysChild

MarysChild Principalities

Perhaps Joey will enter the beatific vision on the day of the Miracle? The beatific vision is the true and ultimate "seeing. "If Conchita did not make an error in receiving the message from Mary for Joey, this is the most plausible explanation, and it would mean that the Miracle is quite near.

Patty78 likes this.
  9. padraig

padraig Powers

Spirit Digest has a link too.:)

10. Carmel333

Carmel333 Powers

We must remember that the great event at least of the Warning is not a new revelation of God, it only was fully revealed to us during the amazing apparitions of Garabandal. Just a few examples of this are in St Faustina's Diary, entry number 83 I believe, and also many times is referenced to in the Bible, including the passage from Isaiah I keep posted below. Anyway, the personal message given to Joey was for HIS hope alone, and that message from the Virgin is true, and will be true for Joey, as we know. Joey needed that in order to do the great things he was able to do. I too have been given personal hope from God when I needed it, and much of it hasn't come true yet. I just need to make it back to Heaven, and to do God's will in the meantime. I also have great hope in the events of Garabandal, and as I am of a younger generation than the seers, I can HOPE that I am still here when they happen. But I could die tomorrow, and then my hopes would be fulfilled also, as I would be home. (or hopefully at least in Purgatory;))

Jeanne, Elisa and Miriam like this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Guest

I have been asked repeatedly today (in private ) to post the Funeral arrangements. After consulting some family members, I will refrain from posting anything ,out of respect for their privacy. Thank you.

12. Magdalen

Magdalen Ave Maria!

Joey remained faithful to the end of his days and all these long years has been an example of true hope. He never wavered in his belief in the messages from Garabandal. It is NO coincidence that this loyal son of Our Lady died on the anniversary of her first apparition at Garabandal. There is so much more here than meets the eye. May things unfold soon!

maryn, Miriam, Elisa and 1 other person like this.
  13. local

local Guest

I just read the news. I am truly saddened and shocked :-( My condolences to the family and friends!

I remember reading somewhere once that it was asked to Mary if Joey's new eyes would be spiritual and she responded that they would be actual new eyes. I also remember reading somewhere that Father Luis Andreu's body would be found to be incorrupt on the day of the Miracle but that some years ago his body was found to have decayed. Perhaps part of the unquestionable side proof of Garabandal will be that Father's body will made incorrupt and that Joey's eyes will be found to be remade.

I must confess that while I still believe in Garabandal very strongly, the news is very unsettling to me. I am saddened to my core.

---------------------------------
    Added:

"One day, a little before the Miracle will be performed, something will happen
    that will cause many people to stop believing in the apparitions of Garabandal.
    The doubts and desertions will not be due to an excessive delay of the Miracle."

... "a little before the Miracle"....

We know that things will be difficult before the Miracle and there will be the Warning. If the death of Joey is the event spoken of regarding that which would cause people to stop believing, then we must double our prayers and sacrifices. Because if we are closer to the time of the Miracle, it means the strife and Warning are close too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
    jehanne likes this.
  14. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

So sorry Glenn but so happy for Joey to be with Our Lord Our Lady and St. Pio!! Interesting times we are in.

15. padraig

padraig Powers

I wonder, I wonder, I wonder.

I have been thinking about this all day. Surely Joey's birthday into heaven , the timing, cannot be an accident, with all that is happening in our poor world at the moment... and Glenn mentioned how serene Conchita was when she heard the news.....and our extraordinary new Pope , Francis....and the way so many are coming to the forum all of a sudden, which was set up by Our Lady for after the Warning....mmmmmm. I wonder.....:)

[​IMG]

16. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Glenn, my sincere condolences and I will pray for Joey's soul. To me the biggest news is that he passed on the anniversary of the first apparition.

I do not believe in coincidences. But I do believe . . .

cornhusker likes this.
  17. Scarlile

Scarlile New Member

Glen,
    I've recently felt that Joey would pass away and wondered about the prophecy. After much pondering, I wondered if Joey might in fact turn out to be a modern Lazarus! The prophecy might be fulfilled by Joey having new eyes after rising from the tomb. Recall the sadness of Mary and Martha at the loss of their brother and how they likely wondered why Jesus did not heal Lazarus before he passed away. Take hope and courage the final chapter on the Garabandal apparitions has yet to be written. What greater validation of the apparitions' authenticity than to have Joey return! Nothing is impossible for God! Meanwhile, my condolences for your loss and grief. God be with you.

18. padraig

padraig Powers

http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2013/04/gods-warning-for-humanity-has-been.html

[​IMG]

In the Blessed Mother’s messages to Fr. Gobbi, She stated “Many times have I intervened in order to set back further and further in time the beginning of the great trial, for the purification of this poor humanity, now possessed and dominated by the Spirits of Evil" (#553)
    And again to Fr. Gobbi She reveals: "... thus I have again succeeded in postponing the time of the chastisement decreed by Divine Justice for a humanity which has become worse than at the time of the flood. (#576).

Concerning the "Warning", what is expected to come will be a natural and/or supernatural event(s) on a worldwide scale, which will affect humanity as a whole, similar in scale for example to Noah and the great flood. And while it can be a natural event, for it to serve a spiritual purpose of converting people and bringing about repentance, it will initially been seen and interpreted by the masses as a event and a sign coming directly from God, and not just an event coming forth from natural causes. However, it had been predicted that soon after the great worldwide Warning, scientists, government agencies and others throughout the world will try to convince the peoples that it was merely a very significant natural event, stemming from natural sources and circumstances.

The prophesised Chastisement-Punishment is conditional
    And it must be remembered also that while the prophesied Warning and Miracle are not conditional, the Chastisement that may follow them is, or at least it may be greatly lessened. We see that while for example the
    Church approved messages of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Akita have spoken of a chastisement, it is important to make note of the conditional form in which the heavenly message is made: "As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity” [3rd message of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Akita, Japan, October 13, 1973, anniversary of the final visions and miracle of Fatima]. Thus it is important to realize that the prophesied Chastisement or “Punishment” can be mitigated, delayed, lessened or perhaps even all together averted through the sincere repentant prayers of those who experience the Warning and Miracle, and will afterwards repent, pray and make sacrifices and reparation to God during the time afterwards.

I believe that the time until the Warning was prolonged up to this point because of the mercy of Jesus, the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the prayers of all good, sincere people, most especially the victim souls, appointed by God, who are currently living in the world.. Once again at the Church approved apparition of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Sr. Agnes Sasagawa in Akita, Japan on August 3, 1973 our Blessed Mother said:
    "In order that the world might know His anger, the Heavenly Father is preparing to inflict a great chastisement on all mankind. With my Son I have intervened so many times to appease the wrath of the Father. I have prevented the coming of calamities by offering Him the sufferings of the Son on the Cross, His Precious Blood, and beloved souls who console Him forming a cohort of victim souls. Prayer, penance and courageous sacrifices can soften the Father's anger...."

So by this Church approved Message of the Virgin Mary, we can see that Chastisements/Purifications can be mitigated through prayer.

In other words, much of what will happen depends upon us, as the Blessed Virgin Mary indicates through Fr. Stefano Gobbi (1930-2011): "These evils can be avoided by you; the dangers can be evaded. The plan of God's justice always can be changed by the force of His merciful love. Also, when I predict chastisements to you, remember that everything, at any moment, may be changed by the power of your prayer, reparation and penance. [January 21, 1984]

We should recall in the Holy Scriptures how
    Jonah was sent to Nineveh to preach a warning and a message of repentance to the very sinful people of that city, boldly preaching “Forty days and the great city of Nineveh will be destroyed”. To their great credit, together the Ninevites fasted and repented of their sins and “When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God repented of the evil which he had said he would do to them; and he did not carry it out”. [Jonah 3: 1-10]

[​IMG]
    "God is Love" [1 John 4:8]
    While on the other hand, in fervent prayer Abraham had asked God to spare Sodom and Gomorrah if just ten good persons could be found in the city. God responded by promising "For the sake of the ten just persons I will not destroy it”. They were not found, and God then destroyed the two cities that were completely full of wicked persons, after having led Abraham's nephew Lot and his family out of the city. [Genesis 18: 16-33]. The lesson in Scripture is that God’s anger can be lessened or even mitigated by calling upon His infinite mercy through sincere repentance and prayer. So let us repent of our sins, make reparation, and pray that we might endeavor to be among the just people that the Lord is pleased to see upon the earth at this time! And also we should remember that God does everything out of love, because "God is love." [1 John 4:8] Whatever is to happen in the future, we can be sure that God will be arranging everything for the good of humanity and for the salvation of our souls.

To Saint Faustina Kowalska Jesus said: "In the Old Covenant I sent prophets wielding thunderbolts to My people. Today I am sending you with My mercy to the people of the whole world. I do not want to punish suffering mankind, but I desire to heal it, pressing it to My Merciful Heart. I use punishment when they themselves force Me to do so; My hand is reluctant to take hold of the sword of justice. Before the Day of Justice I am sending the Day of Mercy. [Diary of St Faustina, #1588]

----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I have been able to hold back the chastisement because of the prayers and sufferings of many of my children." (The Blessed Mother to Fr. Stefano Gobbi, December 31, 1977, #142)

"The times will be shortened, because I am Mother of Mercy, and each day I offer, at the throne of Divine Justice, my prayer united to that of the children who are responding to me with a ‘yes', and consecrating themselves to my Immaculate Heart." (The Blessed Mother to Fr. Gobbi, September 29,1995, #553) - See more at: http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2013/04/gods-warning-for-humanity-has-been.html#sthash.XeGQvpeU.dpuf

jehanne likes this.
  19. cornhusker

cornhusker Angels

Like others, I take it as a wonderful sign that he died on June 18 - the anniversary of the first apparition. We must not forget that God thinks as a creator and we are but creatures. His ways are mysterious and we cannot even begin to fathom his plan. If the Virgin said that Joey will get new eyes on the day of the miracle, he will.... No need to ask why or how.

All my prayers to this great man and his family, who I am sure are bearing a heavy burden right now.

Elisa likes this.
  20. Charity

Charity Mercy

I don't know if this was mentioned elsewhere but I have been focused on the date of Joeys death and the date of the second message which was also June 18, 1965- I feel as if we are meant to focus on that now and again with much prayer- I feel it is being highlighted by Heaven with the date of Joeys death- for if the cup was overflowing in 1965- what is it seen as today?
    Message given on June 18, 1965

As my message of October 18 has not been complied with and has not been made known to the world, I am advising you that this is the last one. Before, the cup was filling up. Now it is flowing over.

Many cardinals, many bishops and many priests are on the road to perdition and are taking many souls with them. Less and less importance is being given to the Eucharist. You should turn the wrath of God away from yourselves by your efforts.

If you ask for His forgiveness with sincere hearts, He will pardon you. I, your mother, through the intercession of Saint Michael the Archangel, ask you to amend your lives. You are now receiving the last warnings.

I love you very much and do not want your condemnation. Pray to us with sincerity and we will grant your requests. You should make more sacrifices. Think about the passion of Jesus.

Andy3, Elisa and cornhusker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.