Jump in here and we'll pray for your leader

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by PurpleFlower, Sep 11, 2021.

1. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I have an idea. Let's start an ongoing post to pray for our leaders at the local and higher- up levels. Name your leader (governor, mayor, senator, attorney general, prime minister, president, bishop, pastor, pope, etc), and a prayer of your choice (Hail Mary, Memorare, decade, litany, prayer to a saint, etc). Pray your own prayer and the prayer/intention of the person who posted before you. That way every leader will be prayed for at least twice.

Hop in here daily, add more leaders and even repeat ones already mentioned. Let's get constant graces and protections streaming down for our leaders...maybe we'll even obtain a conversion or two!

I'll start:

For Bishop Michael Olson, that he will grow in faith and holiness and be a strong shepherd.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Suzanne, DesertStar7, AED and 6 others like this.
  2. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Said a Hail Mary for Bishop Olsen. My bishop is Philip Egan, who is one of the good guys. He would love some prayers. Also please pray for our prime minister Boris Johnson who is a baptised Catholic but apostate

AED, maryrose, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  3. Shae

Shae Archangels

I prayed for Bishop Egan and Boris Johnson. Please pray for the conversion of our very liberal Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. He is a supposed Catholic, but has strayed very, very far from his Catholic roots. We have a federal election coming up next week, so please pray for Canada to elect a new leader who will be God fearing.

AED, Seagrace, maryrose and 4 others like this.
  4. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Prayers for Pope Francis, Bishop Edgar daCunha, Cardinal Sean O'Malley, and Joseph Biden.
    Jesus, Mary, I love you, save souls.

Clare A, Seagrace, maryrose and 4 others like this.
  5. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I have prayed for all above. Please pray for Fr. James Flynn and Governor Greg Abbott.

St. Joseph, terror of demons, pray for us.

St. Joseph, guardian of the Church, pray for us.

Clare A, AED and Seagrace like this.
  6. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Prayers for all the above. Pray for Taoiseach Michael Martin and my Bishop Rev Brendan Leahy

Clare A, AED and PurpleFlower like this.
  7. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

For all above and Our Premier Tim Huston and Deputy Premier Allan MacMaster for no vaccine mandate or punishment for health care workers who refuse the vaccine . Memorrae.

Clare A, Jo M, AED and 1 other person like this.
  8. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I have prayed for your premier and deputy premier.

Praying for all of the leaders above again today. I offered them all to God at Mass this morning.

Clare A, RoryRory, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I have prayed for all of the leaders mentioned. Please pray for Governor Larry Hogan of Maryland. Please pray also for Cardinal Wilton Gregory, Archbishop of Washington, DC. Please say a Hail Mary for each one. Thank you. Maybe Cdl Gregory will reconsider about allowing President Biden to receive Communion since Biden recently said he’s not sure life begins at conception.

Clare A, Jo M, AED and 1 other person like this.
  10. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

Michelle Lujan Grisham (Governor).

Joe Biden.

Kamala Harris.

Jo M and PurpleFlower like this.
  11. Please PRAY CONSTANTLY for the Pope, cardinals, bishops, priests, religious and consecrated souls and for all of us sheep.

Place Mother Mary's priest sons and everyone else under her mantle.

Please specially mention the persecuted, faithful, courageous priests; those who are weak, fearful, depressed and worn out; those who are lukewarm, have fallen, succumbed to temptations and violated their sacred vows; those who are sick in mind, body and spirit; those carrying heavy burdens and feel lost and alone; those who are in danger of committing suicide; those who are dying; our own parish priests and their assistants; and those who are in purgatory.

Pray for victims (and their families) abused by priests. Pray for those who falsely accuse priests that they may repent and recant their false testimonies. Pray for sincere repentance and atonement of abusive priests. Pray for innocent priests who suffer greatly, that matters may be resolved with justice, and the truth will set them free. Pray for everyone's healing.

With prayers, words and acts, let us draw everyone to the merciful love of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. There is a special chamber in the Heart of Jesus for His priest sons.

12. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This is a beautiful intention and I will
    pray for it. Thank you.

Jo M likes this.
  13. Claves.Sancti.Petri

Claves.Sancti.Petri Archangels

Cardinal O'Malley Archdiocese of Boston and gov Baker. Massachusetts.

PurpleFlower and Jo M like this.
  14. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I've prayed for both of them.

Please pray for Justice Brett Kavanaugh who has protesters at his home angry about the Supreme Court's decision not to strike down Texas' pro-life law.

HeavenlyHosts and Clare A like this.
  15. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Have prayed again for all on this list. Here at MOG we have great power in prayer and the most important thing we can do is pray. This forum is vital for mutual encouragement in a world which thinks we are nuts and there is a lot I have gained from it. However PF is right to stress prayer above all else. Let’s soak our leaders in prayer. Let’s bomb them with God’s graces.

I’m not Texan but let’s pray for all the enlightened Texas legislators who brought in the heartbeat law.

HeavenlyHosts and PurpleFlower like this.
  16. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I'm Texan and sure appreciate the prayers of protection for my state leaders!

Please pray for all leaders in the U.S., England and Australia involved in the big security announcement. People have been fired and replaced over it. Please pray for them and for courage for anyone who may need to speak up.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Clare A and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  17. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

Good idea! This security measure is to protect Australia against the Chinese and of course this has been noted. While it’s great for the UK to get the order, worth billions, rising tensions with the East we could do without. I hope they are not preparing for war. Is this why the withdrawal from Afghanistan was so abrupt? I don’t really understand the politics but I can pray

PurpleFlower likes this.