Joey Lomangino's 'new eyes'

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by garabandal, May 5, 2009.

1. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

I apologize for misunderstanding your other post, I thought things were creating tension for you. I am in total agreement with your statement here.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    Pijon likes this.
  2. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

there is a possibility that on the day of the Great Miracle a miracle similar to that announced for Father Luis Andreu might occur, the body being found uncorrupted and in this case the prophecy would literally be fulfilled.

3. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Joey has new eyes as he is in Heaven

4. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Archangels

yes, but the sign prophesied would be on the day of the Great Miracle and not before it.

PurpleFlower likes this.
  5. Mark1

Mark1 Archangels

...I just caught a glimpse of this, and so don't know the entirety of the post. Nor will I argue for my comment, as I'm merely reporting what a priest told me, to my face, about a month ago. This priest, a very well respected, older and holy man, told me (when I brought up the subject of Garabandal) that he met Conchita, but only because she stayed at the monastery where he was (or something like that. I am paraphrasing this part, and just know Conchita stayed somewhere with other religious, and the priest I know knew quite well the priest she spoke to or was friends with). He told me that the reason Joey did not receive his eyesight back, was because he did not say the prayers, or recite in some regular fashion, prayers that were asked of him by Mary. Now, this doesn't mean Joey wasn't holy, and it doesn't mean I'm suggesting he was therefore sinful. Apparently, according to the priest I know who is 83, whatever was expected "exactly" of Joey, in terms of reciting certain prayers...or something on that order, was not done, or not done correctly, and that was the reason his eyes were not restored. I don't follow everything I read, or what people tell me, religious ones included, blindly. This priest is as holy a man as I can fathom, devotes his every breath to others, reads scripture constantly and is what you would call a "priest's priest". He believes fully in Garabandal, and told me this not to sway me, but from the perspective of one who doesn't toss around opinions, but knew this to be true. Again, I won't argue for or against it. But, I trust this man with my life.

JerometheShort.2 and lynnfiat like this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Most people did not know that Joey suffered greatly the last two years of his life, and in addition to being blind, he became nearly deaf and was so weak from several heart attacks, he could not attend mass. (He even fell down a flight of stairs). So, Did Joey fulfill saying the prayers he was supposed to say each day , to fulfill the prophecy to regain his sight ?

Mary said :

"Joey do you want to see again?"
    "Yes."
    "Then you pray. Say 17 Hail Mary’s, 7 Acts of Contrition, 5 Our Father’s ,

3 times a day. “

I know the last 2 years of his life , he suffered so greatly, I seriously doubt he could say all these prayers daily ,and I am wondering if Joey ( in the midst of all his sufferings) wasn’t able to complete that or that he asked to be taken to Heaven early ?

7. Byron

Byron Powers

I agree with you Glenn. He was so special and holy, heaven wanted him home too.

lynnfiat, Glenn, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  8. Mark1

Mark1 Archangels

...I don't know. But as an aside, I do know that as I read this I am contemplating saying those prayers, 3 times a day, just to cope with the madness I see unfolding around us, daily. God Bless Joey, and God Bless us all. Just thinking, Glenn, if you want to delete my comment about Joey, I have no problem with that. Mine was not an attempt to rock the boat or throw a wrench into the works, but merely a slight attempt to pass something on that might shed a fragment of light on what has been a small sticking point for some people. I am only seeing this follow up to my post, now, as I deleted my FB account and have stayed largely off the computer lately, to avoid the overwhelming stress keeping up with news brought upon me.

9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

You're entitled to your opinion, and your problem with Joey is just that, your problem. I believe the Miracle will answer all questions.

Arantxa and Mary's child like this.