Joey Lomangino's 'new eyes'

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by garabandal, May 5, 2009.

1. jerry

jerry Guest

With the recent 'kerfuffle' in one of the threads, i was prompted to search within the forum to read how members responded to the news of Joey's death and the seeming failure of this prophesy. I put in 'joey eyes' in the search box. And this old thread was one the results that came up.

2. little me

little me Archangels

Obviously this was a failed prophecy. So sad. I hope Joey is immersed in the beautific vision.

3. Little Me's Big Brother

Little Me's Big Brother 1.21 jigawatts

4. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

The prophesy was always understood to mean Joey would be alive when he recieved new eyes, not that he would be resurrected and then recieve new eyes. So, yes, this is a failed prophecy in my opinion.

5. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Jerry, I don't think any good will come from reviving this thread. Trying to find the answer as to why Joey did not live long enough to have his sight restored is liking trying to figure out the meaning of life. God has the answer, we do not.

Little Me and Little Me's Big Brother, I should have commented on the other thread when I first realized things were headed south. I think both of you are much better people then the way that you came across on The Warning... thread.
    First lesson in life, you cannot control everything and someday you will see what I mean by that. I sincerely hope that you realize that you both (mainly "Brother") went a bit too far with your comments on that other thread and that maybe you will even see that an apology is in order. I also hope that you soon realize that we are indeed on the same team, all of us.

As for Garabandal and the seers, you can question what you wish but those messages appear to be heaven sent, "Cardinals, bishops and priests are on the road to perdition". Do you honestly think that 11 and 12 years olds could come up with that themselves? As for the rest of the details, we will all understand it better someday.

GOD BLESS US ALL AND I SINCERELY MEAN THAT.

6. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

God forbid that Conchita would die before "the Miracle" but I can imagine the promoters coming up with excuses even for that eventuality.

7. Little Me's Big Brother

Carol, you may be right. I MAY have gone a little too far. I will say in my defense, I won't be bullied by anyone. Although Glenn deleted many of his messages that were bulling and condescending, they did exist and they got responded to as bad. Glenn is a closed mind who has bound the BVM to Conchita. No other visionary would do that.
    I believe that not only can their be a string that promotes Garabandal but there should be one (if desired) for people who are skeptical or flat out don't believe. That is, without some blowhard being a jerk. (Either me or Glenn)

8. Little Me's Big Brother

I GUARENTEE IT! They will find another way to fit that square peg into the round hole.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  9. jerry

jerry Guest

So far so good , in terms of respectfulness to each other. i shall pretend and say i have the power to banish frrom this thread the first who begins shouting or being rude :)

10. Little Me's Big Brother

BWAHAHAHA!
    I have no problem staying respectful if others do likewise (I've never been one for the "higher ground") lol

little me likes this.
  11. little me

little me Archangels

Rereading the other thread (minus the posts Glenn deleted) I was accused of lying (never did), and wish someone would quote any of my posts that need apologizing for. Asking someone to NOT bully me is no reason to apologize.

12. garabandal

garabandal Powers

There is a Garabandal thread and it has been on this forum for many years supported by the owner of the site Padraig Caughey who believes Garabandal to be authentic. Money comes out of Padraig's pockets to keep this forum up and running. He is the one who determines what the categories are.

You find Garabandal unsavoury - fine that is your prerogative.

I suggest if it annoys you then don't read the thread.

There are threads I avoid because I have no interest in them or they annoy me!!

Or if you are really serious about your beliefs - set up your own forum which you can run to your preferences. You could even set up an anti-Garabandal thread there.

Simple really.

Ps - this is advice (not bullying(y))

Sorrowful Heart likes this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Guest

TO ALL: lets stop the BS Little me & Big Brother. I admitted I posted the words " I feel like satan's presence is here tonight " ( wed. night ) , meaning the attacks on Garabandal ( and myself ). Now it lasted maybe 15 seconds , and I thought better of it , and deleted it ! AT NO TIME DID I ADDRESS EITHER OF YOU. Stop trying to get sympathy from other 's here on a LIE !

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  14. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Many aspects and stories, involving Garabandal were revealed later in time. Like for instance when the Blessed Mother wanted to kiss a woman's compact case, and everyone freaked out ! Accusing the girls of fraud ,that she would never be so vain. Later it was revealed that , that case was a PYX in the Spanish War, carrying the Eucharist to soldiers in the field. Only the faithful and patient found out the truth.

15. Glenn

Glenn Guest

I had several thoughts that came to my mind when Joey passed..

“My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are exalted above the earth, So are My ways exalted above your ways, And My thoughts above your thoughts.” (Is. 55: 8-9)

“Oh, the depth of the riches Of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How incomprehensible are His judgments, And how unsearchable His ways.” (Rom. 11:33)

On December 6, 1962,Conchita had a 90 minute ecstasy around 5:30 in the afternoon after which, she provided two more pieces of information regarding the Miracle: 1) One day, before the Miracle, something will happen that will cause many people to stop believing in the apparitions of Garabandal. The doubts and desertions will not be due to an excessive delay of the Miracle.

Jesus comments on belief of Garabandal before the Miracle
    From Conchita, Diary pg. 204, 1966: He [Jesus] replied..."I want to tell you, Conchita, that before the miracle occurs, you will suffer much, for few people will believe you. Your own family will believe that you have deceived them. I am the one who wants all this, as I have already told you, for your sanctification and so that the world may comply with the message. I wish to advise you that the remainder of your life will be a continual suffering. Do not be freightened. In your suffering you will find me and also Mary whom you love very much... I will be with whoever suffers for me."

Most people did not know that Joey suffered greatly the last two years of his life, and in addition to being blind, he became nearly deaf and was so weak from several heart attacks, he could not attend mass. So, Did Joey fulfill saying the prayers he was supposed to say each day , to fulfill the prophecy to regain his sight ? Mary said :
    "Joey do you want to see again?"
    "Yes."
    "Then you pray. Say 17 Hail Mary’s, 7 Acts of Contrition, 5 Our Father’s ,
    3 times a day. “
    I know the last 2 years of his life , he suffered so greatly, I am wondering if Joey ( in the midst of all his recent sufferings) wasn’t able to complete that or that he asked to be taken to Heaven early ?

What did Mary say EXACTLY to Conchita to tell Joey? She said “that you shall see on the very day of the Miracle. “ - Well this can also be interpreted as he will see the Miracle from Heaven or on earth in a glorified body ,both now sighted.

How many people continued to believe in Christ and his message ,after he died? How many believed Mary when she said ( as a virgin ) she conceived a baby from the Holy Spirit ? The truth is revealed in God’s time and manner, not our limited ones for understanding.

The famous story when Mary kissed a makeup compact in one of her visits, and everyone was dumb founded as to why, when she asked to kiss only sacramentals, and she kissed this object of vanity ? Only later did she reveal that it was in fact a PYX ,used during the Spanish War to carry communion to the soldiers ! Again , we had to wait for the Heavenly answer.

Don't forget what happened with St. Faustina Kowalska!! Jesus promise St. Faustina she would assist to the institution of the Feast of Divine Mercy!! St. Faustina died in 1938!! And the Feast of Divine Mercy was institued in 2000!!
    She has assisted to the institution of the Feast!! But from the Heaven!

Remember when God sent his prophet Jonah to the city of Nineveh, the capital of Assyria (one of ancient Israel's fiercest enemies), Jonah's initial message seems to be one of inevitable doom: "Forty days more, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!" (3:1-4)

Contrary to Jonah's own expectations, however, the Ninevites respond to his preaching by believing in God, proclaiming a fast, covering themselves with sackcloth and ashes as signs of repentance, and praying to God not to destroy them. (3:5-9)
    As a result, God changes his mind and does not destroy the city of Nineveh . It is possible here too ,that Joey’s sufferings at the end of his life (and they were numerous and great ) that God granted him his Heavenly reward early, and also to fulfill the prophecy mentioned above, to cause disbelief, as a test of faith.

I think I know how the Apostles felt when Jesus died, after all their labors. Unfortunately I think I am going to have to wait more than 3 days for my "Easter Miracle", but just like then, when you think all is lost, God provides that miracle.
    I spoke to Conchita and she too had no fears, stating she was happy Joey was in heaven with our Blessed Mother & Padre Pio. I have a strong suspicion we will be amazed at the Miracle , (and our questions will be answered ). God bless. Glenn

16. Glenn

Glenn Guest

I do not believe in MDM, but do I go on those web sites, and scream, it's fake ! NO ! If that's what they confused people want to believe, go ahead. I do not feel the need to attack the cause or them personally. Some people on this forum could follow that example . No one is demanding you believe in any apparition, but there's no reason to cause so much disharmony for those who are here to learn, and ask questions. Grow up !

17. Dolours

Dolours Guest

With so many claims of apparitions and locutions doing the rounds, I think it no harm to have threads where their authenticity can be discussed. Being the quintessential sceptic, I dismiss any that have not been approved by the Vatican and sometimes I need a large pinch of salt for some messages associated with the more obscure approved prophecies. Trouble is that you have to tiptoe around when expressing doubt because people become very attached to various alleged apparitions, locutions or prophecies and can be very defensive of them. I understand that, but at the same time I think that others should understand that we are told to test the spirits and anyone who is convinced that people are being deceived (intentionally or not) has a duty to warn others.

It's hard to dismiss the evidence that something peculiar happened in Garabandal but I am far from convinced that it was from Heaven. I don't believe that Our Lady would keep someone dangling for sixty years on a promise that he would regain his sight, let him spread the word that it would happen and then not deliver on her promise. It just doesn't fit.

Sometimes I get lost on the forum, ending up posting in the wrong place, forget where I have seen something posted or can't find threads I'm interested in. For example, as far as I can remember the novena for Ireland starts today but I simply can't find the thread containing the prayer.

Clare A likes this.
  18. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Richard, I consider those on MOG who support Garabandal, believers not promoters. No one on MOG is gaining anything by supporting Garabandal, I think of a promoter as someone who is offering you a trip to "The Miracle" for x amount of dollars or buy my book about The Miracle TBD at Garabandal, etc. The people here are just trying to help other people, Glenn would be the first person to remind us to follow Our Lady's message and not be concerned with the dates of anything that is prophesized to occur. And the message is a good one, is it not? Pray the rosary and return to the sacraments.

Sorrowful Heart and Glenn like this.
  19. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Here is the thread you are looking for: http://motheofgod.com/threads/novena-for-ireland.9409/

20. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Dolours, Quite the opposite of tiptoeing lately. I call it being respectful not tiptoeing.

To All, Let's get back to being respectful, thinking before we post, remembering that this is a public forum and best of all God is always watching. We are all good people here, of that I am certain, let's show the rest of the world what is truly in our hearts.