Joe the Atheist

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by SteveD, Oct 10, 2020.

1. SteveD

SteveD Archangels

I had to spend a few days in hospital recently. The man in the next bed (an old guy like me) went out of his way to be friendly and helpful to me and I was very grateful for him taking me under his wing. One day the Anglican chaplain came to the ward. He was a very sweet West Indian man who asked each of us if he could pray over us, I was the only one that agreed. When it came to Joe, this normally friendly, smiling guy seemed to have changed into someone else. He said, 'I've read the Bible and I don't believe it, I'm an atheist' and turned away from the chaplain. The chaplain said, 'You can live without the Bible, you can't live without God' but no response.

Joe has multiple medical problems. He has had several heart attacks, he is a diabetic, an accidental wound to his foot is probably going to require a partial amputation because of infection. After the chaplain left, I told him that he had nothing to lose by asking the Father to heal him and that I would do so too. He softened a little and thanked me though whether he will pray about his condition, I don't know. This is the day of Carlo Acutis's beatification. Would you put in a word for Joe's healing and conversion?

Patty, Mary's child, Julia and 9 others like this.
  2. Fede

Fede Archangels

Yes will be happy to pray for Joe and for you..

Mary's child, Julia, Shae and 3 others like this.
  3. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Praying. +

Mary's child, Julia, Shae and 2 others like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Yes! Today!

Mary's child, Julia, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  5. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Absolutely!

6. Sam

Sam Powers

praying!

7. Shae

Shae Archangels

Of course, absolutely.

8. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Praying.

Tanker, Mary's child and Julia like this.
  9. padraig

padraig New Member

Prayers. I would say if anyone can do it, it is Blessed Carlo. Poor Joe. But perhaps you are a prayer already answered Steve. The right man in the right place.:)

There is more than one way to skin a cat.;)

10. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

That poor man in his present condition with multiple health problems, must be feeling if there is a God out there why would He allow so much to go wrong with his health.

Dear loving God and Father of all mankind, please forgive Joe, he knows not what he does. He is just a child who has never felt Your tender Divine Love.

Dear Jesus, touch Joe with Your healing hand. Allow him to palpably feel Your Divine, Fatherly love for him. We have the grace of knowing You have walked with us every step of the way through life, yet how we let You down, and You gift us Mercy in confession and healing in Holy Eucharist.

Jesus, may God the Father be glorified by Your extraordinary Mercy for Joe, who maybe has had no one to pray for him until now. I pray for him now dear Jesus with the other forum members. Have Mercy.

Dear Jesus, bless and Heal SteveD. We trust You Lord for all good things. Amen

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  11. SteveD

SteveD Archangels

Thank you, Julia, this is very moving. I heard from Joe today, they removed one toe which was far less drastic than he was expecting and he is home for the moment and is mentally relieved as well as pain free. I have sent him the link to a YT video about eucharistic miracles - though I am not sure that he will be inclined to watch it. Thanks again.

12. Mario

Mario Powers

Well, Steve, you're a marvelous seed-planter. For Joe to touch base with you proves Jesus touched his heart through you. I don't know Joe's religious background; perhaps a wound pushed him away from faith. Prayers!

1 Cor 3: 7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. 8 He who plants and he who waters are equal, and each shall receive his wages according to his labor. 9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building.

AED, RosaryWielder, SteveD and 3 others like this.