Jesus I need your help

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by heyshepard, Jul 27, 2019.

1. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Has anyone ever read Jesus, I need your help...? It was written by Deacon Donald Christy but is now out of print.

2. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

I'm trying to decide whether to pursue finding it...

padraig likes this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

I am sorry I have never heard of it, wonderful title.:)

I think Jesus often helps us even when we don;t know we need it. :)

I often notice this when I am away camping because I have more time to notice His Hand at work in my life.

The first night I looked out and saw a very large family, grandparents, children and grandchildren all round a very large table having a barbecue all camping out together. So may of them! All happy! All so talkative! So full of energy and fun! It reminded me of the Walton's. :)

Later on in the evening down in the forest I met the grandparents and children and discovered they were ardent Evangelical Protestants. We began sharing Scriptures (well to be honest it was me doing the sharing). Firstly from Collossians on how all creation is filled with the Power and Majesty of Christ.

https://www.simplybible.com/f254-christ-creator-of-all-things.htm

First, Paul says that "all things were created by Christ" —and later adds "...through him and for him." (Colossians 1:16). All things were created by Christ, through Christ, and for Christ. That doesn't leave any room to detract from Christ’s creative work or his part in Creation.

Second, The scope of Christ’s creation was all things "that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible" (Colossians 1:16). Paul makes sure we do not think that Jesus was the Creator of merely physical and visible things.

Third, Paul includes all authorities, "thrones or dominions or principalities or powers" (Colossians 1:16).

Christ himself has no Creator. He created, and has dominion over, all creatures: angels, gods, devils, human beings, animals, mountains —or anything else supposed to have dominion.

However great any dominion may be, Christ is its Creator and that makes him greater, the supreme Ruler over all. This supreme authority was recognized by God (the Father) when he "delivered us from the power of darkness into the kingdom of his dear Son" (Colossians 1:13).

Paul says that Christ, in his death and resurrection, "threw aside principalities and powers, and made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them" (Colossians 2:15).

Then from the last Chapters of St John's Gospel how God wanted the Disciles to be one and this was His last earnest prayer to the Father the night before He died. I reminded my Protestant friends how we should not consider each other enemies but friends as the world had turned so dark.. They enthusiastically agreed!!

Meeting them was like been patted on the head by God. Such a wonderful family.

The Waltons in the Forest.:D:D

Indy, gracia, AED and 1 other person like this.
  4. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

I know! :D Awesome title! :). Thank you for responding. You are truly an amplifier for Jesus! ;)

gracia, AED and padraig like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

gracia likes this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I love the new avatar of Maggie. I can’t view the video now but will later. Great thread, both of you.

7. AED

AED Powers

I remember it--from long ago. But no specifics.

heyshepard likes this.
  8. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Thank you HeavenlyHost! :)

9. "Quis ut Deus"

"Quis ut Deus" Powers Staff Member

The book is available on kindle and amazon the author also has a Facebook page

Beth B, heyshepard and AED like this.
  10. Mmary

Mmary Guest

A quick search on Amazon.com and Amazon.ca shows that it is out of print, currently unavailable. I have contacted the author and he has 1000 copies and will mail them out upon request, for $12.95 USD plus a modest amount for shipping. Please send me a private message and I can give you his email. Or you can google his name and look for a newspaper article from the Ironmountain daily news about him and the book, and you can find his current email address at the end of the article.

AED, heyshepard and gracia like this.
  11. Mmary

Mmary Guest

I have an extra copy of this book for any Canadian who wants to buy it from me. Shipping from the US is exorbitant!! Send me a private message.

heyshepard and AED like this.
  12. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

We received a book from Deacon Don a day or two ago. He sounds like an upright man. I'll let you know what I think when I get a chance to read it. :)

Sam and AED like this.
  13. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Deacon Don is a friend of mine from Iron Mountain, Mi. His book has alot of info on finances, that was his job . . .before he retired and became a Deacon. He has a Facebook page, you can friend him, and ask him anything you want. He's a great guy . . .

Sam, heyshepard and AED like this.
  14. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Deacon Don let me know that he does work shops also. His most recent is "forgiving others and yourself" I let Fr Fran know.

AED likes this.
  15. AED

AED Powers

I hope someone tspes them for you tube.

heyshepard likes this.