It's Not Only Catholics...

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by padraig, Dec 1, 2021.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

It's not only Catholics can speak the Truth.

2. padraig

padraig Powers

3. Agnes McAllister

Agnes McAllister Archangels

Incredible!!! I love that He stood up for Jesus and for Christians!

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

I wish we had Catholics that believed what he said much less have the backbone to speak that Truth. He is 110% spot on. Feelings. Screw your feelings, the devil lives to screw with your feelings. Our job and our sanctity is precisely in perfecting how to overcome “feelings”.

Marriage is a vow before God and learning how to live the Sacrament is our purification (or not) to be able to live in eternity with Him (or not).

AED, Byron, garabandal and 2 others like this.
  5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

Yes, the matter of "feelings" has been blown all out of proportion, it seems in every aspect of life. Yesterday I read a 30-year-old interview with a celebrity, who'd moved to southern California from his native England then. 1991. He'd contracted to have an in-ground swimming pool put in his yard. Apparently he was absent for awhile, because he found the completed pool wasn't in the location he'd desired. What ensued but a "conversation" between he and the contractor. The contractor noted the celebrity's FEELINGS, who (then) found this odd. The contractor stated he himself FELT uncomfortable with the situation. Contractor suggested the celebrity get in touch with his FEELINGS, as his own FEELINGS were causing discomfort.

Celebrity found this odd and vexing.

Flash forward 30 years, and now this celebrity only wants POSITIVE feedback to his work. No negative comments ("energies")! :rolleyes: So he too has capitulated. :(

And how many "talk shows" have endorsed this mentality since the mid-1980s?

AED and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Our culture has all but erased from the public mind the real purpose for marriage. Bonhoeffer said about conversion to Christ: " when Christ calls a man He bids him come and die." This is the sacrament of marriage in effect. You must die to self every single day. It is a constant pruning. The gift of children is part of this. The school of unconditional love. Stripping our selfishness layer by layer can be excruciating. Acting with love when you don't feel love. Love IS an act of will, NOT feeling. Once we get that figured out it gets easier.
    I think the vocation of marriage is as challenging and as blessed as the religious life. The vow of celibacy is a great and difficult path but so is the vow of marriage. It is truly a calling from Christ Himself.

7. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

Yes, so SO true.

Michael Pio and AED like this.