It's A Wonderful Life

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by RosaryWielder, Dec 20, 2020.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

We watched It's A Wonderful Life today, I'm hoping and praying that it has a positive effect on my mother and brother; but it also reminds and should remind all of us, that even though we live in a time where all the Potters of the world (both the Mr. Potters and the Harry Potters;)) are making great strides to turn this planet into Pottersville, we still have a lot to be grateful for. Our Lord has given us many blessings and many graces, and we should be grateful for that.

If nothing else, we still have Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

Dolours, Beth B, DesertStar7 and 6 others like this.
  2. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

My cat Zuzu, named after Zuzu's (Zoozoo) petals from the movie. P1040306.jpg

3. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Thank you for this RosaryWeilder, It’s A Wonderful Life is one of my favorite films. I enjoy it so much I bought this little container years ago, it lives on my fireplace year round with seasonal floral arrangements. It is a constant reminder that each life has a purpose, and we truly do need to count our blessings. I hope that this film has touched your mother and brother.
    E700BBA7-D8F3-4195-B9EA-034D2534B54F.jpeg

Dolours, Booklady, AED and 5 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This is quite nice. Love it:love:

Jo M, RosaryWielder and AED like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Thank you RW. You say it so well. The DS is trying to turn the whole world into Pottersville.
    I just got done watching Going My Way. I know its Schmaltz-y but it is so lovely. So much the way I remember our Catholic world. I had tears in my eyes for what we have lost.

Dolours, PurpleFlower, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

Beautiful Jo..

Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and RosaryWielder like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

:)(y)

Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and RosaryWielder like this.
  8. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Zuzu is an interesting name, apparently it's Czech for Lily.

Mary's child, AED, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  9. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Looks great, it's nice to have reminders like that.

AED and Jo M like this.
  10. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

Yeah, last fall we started watching the Twilight Zone, it's fascinating how different things were back then; even though the Potters and the like were already at work and seeds were sown; there was a lot more art and culture back then.

Dolours, AED, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  11. SeeTheLight

SeeTheLight New Member

I love this movie it's on my watch list every Christmas.

God Bless

12. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

I'm glad "It's a Wonderful Life" was on during Thanksgiving 1991, which I spent all alone in a little apartment in Omaha, Nebraska. The day was gloomy and rainy. With the help of commercial breaks, "the movie" went on at least three, maybe four, hours, during which I decorated the apartment for Christmas.

Haven't seen the movie since, but it's part of a bittersweet memory.

13. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

I've been meaning to watch that for a long time. Reading this made me finally purchase it, along with The Bells of St. Mary's, which I've seen and loved. Do you know of any other movies that feature more innocent times in the Catholic Church and society that you'd recommend?

RosaryWielder and Jo M like this.
  14. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Me too!(y) Love watching Jimmy Stewart, this is still a timeless classic.

RosaryWielder and Jo M like this.
  15. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

The original upload_2020-12-21_14-4-31.png

16. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

I have this one and watch it every Christmas! :)

RosaryWielder and Mary's child like this.
  17. Sam

Sam Powers

I saw an explanation of the name Zu Zu on a movie station. It came from Zu Zu ginger snaps. In fact I think I remember Jimmy Stewart calling his daughter-his little ginger snap in the movie. Now if only I could figure the Hot Dog part where George Bailey goes into a store and hits something and yells Hot Dog!

America’s Favorite Clown was Born in Mansfield: 1902 – Richland County History

RosaryWielder and DesertStar7 like this.
  18. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 + To Jesus through Mary @-}--

The Sound of Music, excepting the rise of the Nazis (which doesn't predominate the film).

19. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Powers

I've been wanting to get The Song of Bernadette for some time now.

20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

The full movie is on you tube! The song of Bernadette! I watch it all of the time....it’s beautiful!

RosaryWielder and Sam like this.