It seems that the Lord without us cannot do anything??

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by sparrow, May 14, 2020.

1. AED

AED Powers

Yes.

2. AED

AED Powers

:p:p:p

3. AED

AED Powers

(n)

4. AED

AED Powers

You are right that we must show charity to the Holy Father as we would to our own father because he is in fact our spiritual father.

5. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I don't know what you mean by "or what" so I can't answer that question.

This, from the Catechism, might help you understand what we mean when we speak of the Deposit of the Faith: http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p1s1c2a2.htm

And here's a quote from St. Vincent of Lerins (5th Century) summing it up in a few sentences and our duty to keep it and passit on intact: https://www.thecatholicthing.org/2017/09/11/keep-the-deposit-of-the-faith/

I don't think that anyone here is judging you. And I don't doubt that you have had profound experiences.

I wish you well. God bless.

sparrow, Mary's child, Julia and 3 others like this.
  6. Mario

Mario Powers

Daughter of Lourdes,

Scripture is part of the Deposit of Faith which the Catholic Church adheres to; it is essential but incomplete in itself. Paul alludes to to the deposit as follows:

2Tim 1: 11 For this gospel I was appointed a preacher and apostle and teacher, 12 and therefore I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 13 Follow the pattern of the sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus; 14 guard the truth that has been entrusted to you by the Holy Spirit who dwells within us.

Similarly:

2 Thess 2: 15 So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.

One must realize that the Church did not complete its discernment of which books belonged in the New Testament until the 4th century. Most doctrinal issues had already been hammered out and discerned by Church authorities at that point. So the two go hand-in-hand, Scripture and Tradition under the authority of the Church.

Safe in the Barque of Peter!

sparrow, Jo M, Mary's child and 6 others like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

I am a little surprised that any Catholic would not know what the Deposit of Faith was. But anyway here the famous Convert Steve Ray describes it and why it is so important.

8. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Are you aware that it is a widely held consensus among Christians that UFO's are indeed real; but they are from the devil and his minions. If you see one, you should bless yourself, and to be on the safe side, say the prayer to Saint Michael the Arch Angel. It appears these phenomena disappear very quickly after we respond with prayer.

You sound very young to me, and why shouldn't you experience as much about life as you can, so you grow in wisdom and knowledge. Just hang on to the basic Roman Catholic Faith, and the Ten Commandments, and you will be just fine. Bless you.

sparrow, Jo M, Sam and 4 others like this.
  9. DaughterofLourdes

DaughterofLourdes heart of my heart

Hubris. You're in no position to judge Pope Francis. And I notice you ignored my response to your challenge to me, also. So here you are in a forum dedicated to the Virgin Mary and sitting in judgment of a Pope and another Human sojourner from your couch! Isn't that Christian! Take a look at the data available to Francis from VATT (you DO know what that is, correct?) It would scare the pants off you. I have no doubt of that. Now rethink your snarky attitude because there IS a God and you WILL have to defend it.

10. DaughterofLourdes

I'm aware of a great many things and this is one of them: you are terrified of reality. UFO's are not demonic. Ask the Vatican Observatory. I am older than you are, whoever you are, and world traveled, educated, experienced in things you are unable to imagine. I do not require your blessing and, in fact, do not want it.

11. DaughterofLourdes

I don't require a man's opinion of Francis when I have my own. THAT PHOTOGRAPH YOU SEE IS MY DAUGHTER AT AGE 12 I LOST HER IN 2011. I am NOT a child, I am over 65. I have had life experiences you have not. How do I know this? Because you are afraid and I am not. The "deposit of faith" is a Human construct. A rabbi in sandals and rags who wandered and preached, who had no place to sleep and no food to eat unless provided by those to who he preached, did not intend for a group of Humans to change his teaching. We should be praying in Aramaic, at least, or in Hebrew. We should understand the Law he fulfilled rather than make those of our own. Have you ever been to Rome? Milan? Florence? Paris? Marseilles? Portugal? the cathedrals, the shrine churches, the basilicas? You think that rabbi would have approved of the opulence? You think God adheres to the rules and regulations invented by the "saints" and "doctors of the church"? That's absurd, it's superstitious, it's an enormous error, but not unforgivable. Children need guidance. Your first sentence is both arrogant and unchristian. It's unnerving that you require a 'convert' to explain something to you since the psychology of conversion requires a level of devotion not shared by the lifelong, mature individual: faith evolves. And in that evolution is contained a glimpse of what was intended; and in that glimpse the entirety of what followed is seen to be sadly in error.

padraig likes this.
  12. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

Looks like to me we have a new member simply looking to pick fights with everyone. Not interested in this at all so peace be with you and I hope you see the errors in what you attempting to do here. Yes, I am a man....a man of God and a brother in Christ, but based on your recent attack of Padraig, who created this sight, you clearly will not have any interest in what I have to say since I am a man. I am very sorry for your loss. I too share that pain of losing a daughter at a young age. You have my sympathies and my prayers.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    sparrow, HeavenlyHosts, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

Peace, prayers. I am so sorry, I believe you are a little unwell. I am not sure quite what else to write. You have both my great sympathy and prayers.
    Peace, may Our Lady walk with you in your hour of Trial. My heart goes out to you..

I wish and pray for you, peace, wellness and healing.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    sparrow, HeavenlyHosts, Jo M and 5 others like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

Love this:

Mary's child likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

Did you ever stop to notice the reactions of the people as the street musicians play ? Some stop to listen , some hurry onwards. But if you watch closely a few, a very very few stop to really, really listen. Their hearts beat with the music.

It is so good to be like this with music of what people say, not what they write or say but with the music of their hearts, the things they do not say or write, but the music of their hearts.

AED and Mary's child like this.
  16. AED

AED Powers

Beautifully said Andy.

HeavenlyHosts, Jo M, Sam and 2 others like this.
  17. josephite

josephite Powers

Dear daughteroflourdes,
    What a beautiful avatar name!

I will pray for your daughter who died in 2011.
    I believe she must have been very special to you, especially as you had her at the age of 44 years.
    Years ago babies born to women in their 40's were known as "change of life babies" and of course very dear to their parents.

I'm sure you guided her as best you could, let the anger pass, return to Jesus and forgive yourself.
    God the Holy Spirit blows where He wills, even convert's to the true faith.

O Mary conceived without sin Pray for us.

Virgin Most Powerful Pray for daughteroflourdes and her daughter. Amen
    Our Lady of sorrows Pray for daughteroflourdes and her daughter. Amen

St Joseph terror of demons, Pray for daughteroflourdes and her daughter. Amen
    St Michael our protector, Pray for daughteroflourdes and her daughter. Amen

St Bernadette of Lourdes, Pray for daughteroflourdes and her daughter. Amen

18. DaughterofLourdes

I was 40. I was not in the change of life. She was not an ordinary child. I am not an ordinary human. I have no idea what this is all about. I am a Daughter of Lourdes as Mary is my true Mother and Lourdes is the only place on earth where I feel at peace. My daughter is with God right now, she does not require prayer, she paid the price as a victim soul. I don't know what I'm doing on this forum because what I've seen, what I know, what I've experienced, all separate me from a great many people. I have never left Jesus. The Church is not Jesus, it is not even what Jesus had in mind. Prayer should not contain judgments. Was my daughter special to me? EVERY CHILD should be special to every mother. If that is not true, then there is the true sin.

padraig likes this.
  19. padraig

padraig New Member

God has numbered even the Feathers on the humble Sparrow.

The very leaves that Fall from the trees in Autumn Fall nowhere outside the Divine will.

So if you're you're here its for a reason.

There are no accidents with God.

We are all here to Teach and to be Taught.

The one and only lesson.

Love

sparrow, AED and Mary's child like this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

With respect, DOL, how could we know anything about you without a proper introduction from you? All we had to go on was a photo of a beautiful young girl. You trapped me into thinking you were young. I for one do not want to get into any further discussion with you because I truly sense you do not want a give and take as is customary on this forum. I won't close the door on you, but I am not a match for your posts.

AED, Sam and Mary's child like this.