Is Trump really pro life, or is he just pandering for votes?

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by BrianK, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Sorry, in my opinion, things will be bad regardless of who is voted in. That's just my keeping eyes open. That is apart from divine intervention. Things will only change with the Warning.

Beth B likes this.
  2. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

I love Father Ripperger and I’m a fan of his. Doesn’t mean I agree with him 100 percent of the time.

I disagree as well that we have to be a majority to make a difference. All we have to do is be a vocal minority that has enough people to make a difference - which I clearly think we do. Look at Taylor Marshall’s video thinking that they will get an extra 1-4 percent of conservative voters due to the Supreme Court pick. Where do you think he got those numbers? He is part of Catholics for Trump - they are well aware of the troubles he is having getting folks like me.

And that is how we will make a difference going forward. Don’t give us a candidate that we can’t vote for and then blame me for not voting for them. If you want to be assured of the election and power (I’m talking to my party here) give us a suitable option. I’m not walking with you down the road to perdition just because you are better than the devil himself.

I would agree with you if this election was the be all and end all of it. But it is not. And unless we make our voices heard it will only get worse from here on out.

Joan J likes this.
  3. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

No worries HH, I’m not taking any of this personal and I hope you all will not as well. At the end of the day we are all on the same team here, we just disagree on how we should get to where we want to go.

4. Tanker

Tanker Powers

Maybe I am misunderstanding. The president cannot wave a magic wand and poof, everything is Shangri-La. It takes time to overturn 50+ years of the tear down of Christendom. If Trump is so lgbtabc friendly then why is that community so opposed to him? I have teens and many, many of their friends hate Trump because they say "he isn't for lgbt equality". So......am I missing something? He has actually chinked away at forcing people and organizations from having to support this rot. But hey, I guess since he didn't over turn everything evil his first day in office he is off the table. He is only one man and one administration among 330 million people.

Bottom line, we as a nation are complicit for this happening. We all stayed home or didn't want to ruffle feathers when this stuff was being presented. All the years leading up to it we sat on our hands and allowed it, not being loud obnoxious trolls like these people are now and they push their agenda forward on complicit people. I'm guilty too. Not pointing fingers. But this society didn't just happen in 2016 or 2020. This society was ushered in little by little over 50+ years. This is our fault and not solely Trump's.

From Jorgenson interviews:

"What is your stance on abortion? Pro-choice. I don't agree but the government has no right to ban it" - joj2020

So if she doesn't think the government has the right to ban abortion.....can't vote for her.

"Do you support the legalization of same sex marriage? "Yes"
    "Should gay couples have the same adoption rights as straight couples? Yes, as long as they pass the same background checks as straight couples"
    "Should gender identity be added to anti-discrimination laws? Yes"
    "should terminally ill patient be allowed to end their lives via assisted suicide? Yes"

Biden is pro everything I am against....NO vote. The Green party, pro-choice and pro-lgbt so No.
    Trump - anti-abortion and has proved it. Cautious on lgbt over stepping rights.

5. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Well there’s not much else to say I suppose. I see how you feel and my feelings are you are being manipulated by a system that doesn’t care about our morals. One day we will know which was the right path.

Btw (and this isn’t directed at you Brian, but to all who think Trump the answer):

1) Not sure how people leave off Bush as being a strong pro life president?
    2) What is your line that you will not cross when voting for president?

6. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Then you haven’t been paying attention close enough. Gorsuch is a horrible judge on the LGBT issues already. Trump is proud to hold their flag up. Thinks it is a beautiful thing when husbands of a husband come to campaign rallies. And much more. He is the single worst republican president on the issues. Hands down. No comparison.

7. Tanker

Tanker Powers

I disagree. Gorsuch is a disappointment. So was Roberts. Can't always control the people you think you know.

I have a son that is voting 3rd party. We talk about it and I tell him he has every right to vote for who he thinks would do the better job. But.....3rd party rarely wins. Until we change that it is a hard pick. For me, it is easy because the right to life is most important in my mind. The government has no business in marriage. Gay marriage should never have been legalized. #44 ushered that sin in. Trump has done nothing to over turn that but honestly, that will be as hard to get rid of as Roe v Wade. It should be over turned at the federal level and go to the states. Actually, it shouldn't even be on the dockets of discussions but it has to be now since it became legal. The gay marriage issue needs to be handled like the abortion issue until it can be outlawed again.

I do pay attention. We are in a bad way here but it is not one person's fault we are here.

And in fairness to other Republican presidents, the lgbt issues have only been front and center since Obama. Before that it was still not as widely accepted as it is now. So Bushes didn't have to deal with the rot in the same way we do now. And I am no friend of the Bushes at all.

In the end, we have to vote how we think best. We have to answer for our decisions. I support everyone's right to vote however they chose. Absolutely. I think we are just wanting Trump to win over Biden. Biden will be the end of the Republic and the furthering of communism. But, I do understand your point of view and agree with some things. :) Biden can't win.

8. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Putting teeth back into DOMA is closer than most realize, which would return the definition of marriage back to the states. In fact 3 of the 9 justices who dissented in 2015 are still on the court. That means we need 2 more votes. That Gorsuch was not properly vetted is extremely unfortunate and set the protection of marriage back decades potentially.

But yes, we are in agreement more than we are not.

I'll bow out again, just wanted to respond to accusations (which I'm sure is well meant but ultimately wrong). Prayers for all here - and for our country, we surely need it.

Tanker likes this.
  9. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Well said, Tanker. For me, the right to life is the most critical issue, everything else will be a battle for another day. We have a pro-life president, and I want to keep it that way.

10. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

Before you go ...

So who exactly IS this pro life (NOT Marxist “seamless garment”) third party candidate for president?

I need cold hard facts of who it is and why otherwise decent Catholics are supporting this particular third party candidate in the face of an overwhelming Marxist push by the Democrats.

By the way, the liberals are actively helping promote third party voting by “pure” voters to pull away votes from Trump. The “pro life” candidates they’re quietly promoting are seamless garment types.

11. picadillo

picadillo Powers

Frodo. You must be totally disgusted with PF, Fr James Martin, Cardinal Tobin, in fact most of the church hierarchy over this issue! I know I am and I am still catholic. Are any of them really pro-life even? At least our great president is pro-life , which means he is really more catholic than they, and fighting the war against the exploitation of children. May God continue to bless our president. He is further down the road to heaven than most in the catholic hierarchy.

12. AED

AED Powers

Well said Don.

Booklady, Beth B and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Pretty clear.

Booklady, Beth B and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Well, like I said before, this particular election is not the end game in my view. This mindset only plays into the current system we have set up where we must compromise on great evil. I’d rather send a message to the party that unacceptable candidates will fail every time you send us one. With that being said there are better choices, in my view, depending on what state you live in.

15. AED

AED Powers

Me too. Couldnt be simpler. The diabolic hatred that confronts DJT at every moment from every direction tells me he is on the side of the Angels. St Michael defend him!

16. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Yes, what a time we live in. For all the back and forth we engage in and effort we put into candidates we all know here that Our Lord and Lady are the only ones who will save us from this mess. Prayers for the president of course, I wouldn’t want to gauge my chances of making it by comparing myself to scoundrels though. But there’s always a chance as long as someone has breath.

17. picadillo

picadillo Powers

No disgust Frodo at PF and his cronies?

18. Frodo

Frodo Archangels

Of course, that's what my yes meant to start my comment - sorry I wasn't clearer.

19. picadillo

picadillo Powers

This election, along with his picks for the Supreme Court, is all about one thing, the overturning of the blood sacrifice offered to satan, or overurning Roe vs Wade. Overturning this satanic revolution and this is THE pivotal moment. PF and his cronies are against it and I believe any one voting against Trump is also against it. Sorry.

20. BrianK

BrianK Proud2bRC Staff Member

Fine. So who exactly IS this pro life (NOT Marxist “seamless garment”) third party candidate for president?