Is America Collapsing?

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by padraig, Jan 15, 2021.

1. padraig

padraig New Member

Ralph Martin is wonderful. I would believe every word.

Beth B, FatimaPilgrim, WTW and 2 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

It would be wonderful to be totally , totally resigned to the Will of God. So that whatever happens we could accept with joy. But this would be a big ask. Loads of grace.

Beth B, Clare A, WTW and 2 others like this.
  3. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

I well recall my father bemoaning "The Sixties." He intensely disliked The Beatles, Hippies, etc. For him, it apparently was a signal to The End of the World. The "Bay of Pigs" crisis so frightened him (prior to embracing Christianity) that he suggested to my mother they commit suicide together. But to me, as a four-year-old in 1969, life was about neighborhood teenagers' love beads, Mod dolls, dandelion bracelets, piggy-back rides, and Apollo 11.

So yes. :)

4. AED

AED Powers

I read a wonderful book awhile back I think it was called Abandonment to God--probably a more modern rendering of Abandonment to Divine Providence. But the author quoted a very old wise holy monk who said that if you feel anxiety or fear about anything you have not fully abandoned yourself to the Father. If you embrace everything as God's perfect Will however disguised it seems and you have peace in all circumstances then you have fully surrendered. (Like the surrender novena--"Jesus You take care of it")

I can't help but think of Father Cziszek who did this in the Lubyanka prison. It changed everything.

Sam, Jo M, Beth B and 5 others like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

I think you can often see this working in people who have Terminal Cancer. They go through several stages such as Denial, Anger on though to acceptance and Peace. But someone more resigned to God's Will would I think zoom right on through to the last stage.

Several saints have been asked what they would do if they knew that this were their last day on Earth? They have responded that they would continue on doing as normal as by doing so they were doing God's Will anyway.

For myself I would have a shopping list, Confession, Mass, a long chat with Our Lady, time in Adoration and so on...

Malachi, Jo M, Beth B and 7 others like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

But I think it is different for people with, for instance with children .

I would expect them as a matter of course to be actively seeking different outcomes. Love placing wind in their sails, so to speak.:)

7. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

You are correct, the Republic is already gone, the stolen election was the final piece that sealed that. Now the New World Order will be foisted upon us and many will embrace it out of fear and want as they will have instituted further lockdowns and crashed the economy.

But have no fear, God has a plan. Please keep trusting in Him and wait on Him to intercede. Many tough months and years ahead for us before we get there, but He will intercede :)

Sam, Donna259, Heidi and 5 others like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

My list too.

Beth B and Mary's child like this.
  9. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

What a grace to be able to completely surrender it all! I’d love that grace. I’ve partially attained it, but far from what I need. I pray for that grace. Life would be so much better without worries....especially those worries we have no control over except through prayer.

Mario, WTW and AED like this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I’m with you Padraig....my bucket list as well!

padraig likes this.
  11. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Exactly....God knows exactly what He’s doing here. Exactly!

PurpleFlower likes this.
  12. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

Today I've decided to halt the pursuit of a nearly life-long ambition of becoming an author.

I have a couple of novel-length stories at the ready.

A very famous author took a personal interest in me some years ago (which, for years, I sure figured was A SIGN that I'd been blessed).

Now I'm seeing a headline that 500 authors and publishing houses are blacklisting certain would-be authors, based on politics -- of course. :rolleyes:

Have no idea (yet) if my legendary friend is among them.

That aside, what's the point? There have been cases of ONE person or ONE group leveling even just ONE complaint against a book / author, and all hell breaks loose. :unsure:

Been wrestling with this decision for quite awhile, probably longer than I should have (it's just so unfair!).

My only other recourse is self-publishing (and self-promotion, blah) and using a pen name. But I had wanted to know if any of my stories were worthy of a publisher spending THEIR money to both publish and promote it.

Maybe in a future date. I'm holding out a bit of hope, but for now ... it's curtains.

I'm a published poet. Got that at least. :coffee:

RoryRory, Sam, Jo M and 4 others like this.
  13. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

If your novels are Catholic then publishers like Ignatius press might look at them. We need spiritually healthy books. Tolkien was a Catholic after all! Don’t give up unless you feel strongly that the Lord is guiding you to do so.

WTW, Sam, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  14. AED

AED Powers

I went through a time of wanting to get some novels published several years ago. It started to consume me. I had to let it go. And I've never regretted letting it go. I think you are wise. The landscape is shifting now. Things are very perilous that never used to be.

Sam and DesertStar7 like this.
  15. AED

AED Powers

Yes for sure if they are Catholic! They would probably become known by word of mouth. You wouldn't need self promotion. There are so few good Catholic novels out there.

Sam and DesertStar7 like this.
  16. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

Trump just issued a statement from Maralago.... "we'll do something, not just yet" meaning what is he going to do with his political career...

AED, PurpleFlower, RoryRory and 4 others like this.
  17. Sunnyveil

Sunnyveil Archangels

Ralph Martin's most recent youtube video is speaking of the anti-christ deception WITHIN the Church and world RIGHT NOW because significant Church leaders are discussing it including: Cardinal Muller, the former head of the Congregation of the Doctrine of Faith; Cardinal Eijk of the Netherlands, a potential future pope; and Pope Benedict XVI in a recent interview. He also reviews what Archbishop Fulton Sheen said about the coming work of the anti-christ.

Beth B, WTW, Byron and 3 others like this.
  18. Christy1983

Christy1983 Archangels

Thanks for posting this! I respect Ralph Martin so much.

Beth B, WTW, Byron and 1 other person like this.
  19. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Well, surprise surprise look who is back in an interview with Grace Force USA.

AED, Mary's child and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  20. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Yep. Father Heilman and he are friends. As well as many others in our Church you’d be surprised to hear about. Sign up at https://corac.co as we need to band together to face down the evil that is rapidly rising

AED and Julia like this.