Irish mass pushing the LGBT agenda ?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Immaculata, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Immaculata

Immaculata Principalities

I was at mass on Sunday in Co.Kildare and this following attachment was the mass leaflet. Am I being paranoid or is this published for the purpose of leading people to accept gay marriage ? To me it is full of ambiguity and leaving the notion that people are free to make up their own mind on whether it is morally right or wrong. And then it was followed by a wishy washy sermon on how we should not be legalistic on how we follow God.

I know when Vigano released his letter it looked like it could be the beginning of a cleansing of the church, and I really hope it is. But I also fear that instead of those who have evil intentions in the church stepping down or being removed, things could go in the opposite direction. They could just decide to go full steam ahead in corrupting the church, thinking that they now have nothing to lose and that they know they will possibly have the support of the general population and the general mass goers also to help them along.

Attached Files:

DeGaulle, Light and An Guilbneach like this.
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

If that was in my Mass leaflet I would be complaining to the parish priest and also send a copy & complaint to the Bishop.

The little snippet was taken from the Sacred Heart Messenger, which has obviously been corrupted by the modernist philosophy of sexual deviancy in secular society.

DeGaulle, gracia and An Guilbneach like this.
  3. An Guilbneach

An Guilbneach Mane Nobiscum Domine

Seen the same leaflet in Dublin. To me he is saying that the Granmother should go to the gay wedding. I could be wrong. However if this is the case it is a red flag. No catholic can go to a gay wedding it would be gravely sinful.

DeGaulle and gracia like this.
  4. Immaculata

I was about to question the priest on it as I was leaving the mass but then I doubted myself on whether I should or not.

I don't read the sacred heart messenger but if what you say is correct, then I guess the priest also has been corrupted by their philosophy.

DeGaulle likes this.
  5. Immaculata

It seems they don't like to even mention the word sin anymore. It is strange and ironic how many priests openly contradict the word of God in their homilies never mind the mass leaflet. Like they read the gospel and then immediately after they give some wishy washy talk attempting to deflect on the gospel they just read. It is hard to understand how reading Gods word does not change them

6. padraig

padraig New Member

It is an abomination.

There was a time I would say kick up a fuss about it.

But nowadays? I don't want to sound cynical but if your Bishop wrote this it wouldn't surprise me. If the Vatican supported it, it would surprise me a lot less.

Sadly this is where we are at the moment.

DeGaulle and Malachi like this.
  7. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I think that's exactly what is happening now. I don't think they have support however, I think they have pews full of apathetic people who have turned off their brains and think so long as they make their weekly obligation they are "good" Catholics. Those days are over.
    They most certainly do have the MSM however and they make it appear that all who bite their lips and sleep through the Mass are their cheerleaders. The real support is coming from the world at large who hates the Church as she has been for 2000 years and delights in seeing her apostatize from the truth.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

I don't know Don; there is an awful lot of silence in the Church at the moment. Things have gotten so bad that I suspect silence is just as bad as going along with it. Maybe I am being too cyncial. I think even the stones in the ground should be screaming out now. But all I hear is silence.

Maybe I am being too hard and cynical. But all I hear is silence.

It is heart breaking. I am glad my father and mother are not alive to see it.

9. Immaculata

It is true, it is just silence. Everybody, even the Catholics, just want to be friends with the world and don't want to rock the boat. I forget which sermon it was, but I seen in one of Pope Francis's sermons in Ireland he said to the crowd something like " we must find new ways to embrace the world". That quote could be slightly off but it sounds good on the surface until I remembered James 4:4 - You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Although of course many will say that pope Francis did not mean that, but when he does not speak openly about sin and repentence I don't see how it could mean anything else. Sorry if my comments are wrongly guided, I think my own mind is very clouded lately from all the anger at the injustices and wishy washy sermons lately.

DeGaulle, David Healy, Tanker and 5 others like this.
  10. SteveD

SteveD Archangels

I am in the UK and the homily (and Mass leaflet) included the following '....where rules and laws, whether of the state or the Church make anyone feel excluded, then they must be changed'. From other homilies by this priest, who is it must be said a very pleasant guy and an excellent confessor, I know that he is referring to homosexuals but I think that this reference to exclusion is more applicable to traditional Catholics these days than those with deviant sexual preferences.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  11. regolith

regolith New Member

God help us when articles like this are in a Mass leaflet!!!

OP: I’ve noted a very liberal attitude of most Irish priests for decades. I’m chalking that up to poor formation. Only now it changing to be very blatant and divisive, so much so that I’ve kinda switched off between the Gospel and Eucharist and get my sermons online.

Imagine if Lucia of Fatima were alive to see this.

“Most souls go to Hell for sins of the flesh than for any other reason”

DeGaulle, HeavenlyHosts and gracia like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

Never mind Lucia, I feel like I have entered a nightmare. I can't believe this all happening right in front of my eyes.

13. padraig

padraig New Member

But thank God to have the Lord to turn to in Prayer.

Jesus my only peace.

14. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

I doubt it padraig, you are correct I think and it's one of the reasons why we have been seeing the Church continue to degrade into vice and sin. Why we are no longer able to keep our youth within our walls or fill vocations. Instead, most seek out occultism and paganism because they crave the mystical and supernatural.
    Of course the people want the wide path, we don't want to look at, hear or know our own condemnation in such matters. How many of us have sexual perversions celebrated within our own families after all? Alcoholism? Abuses of all sorts.
    It reminds me of how quickly the crowd went from blessing the journey of Our Lord into Jerusalem to crying out for the release of Barabbas and ultimately Our Lord's death on a cross.
    The Jews saw a similar thing in a different manner. The glorification of mans tradition over that which God commands us. Except in our case it is the tradition of the world which has seeped into the Church via rationalizing and evolution. It's like a 180 from the Jews who heaped massive burdens on their humble people, in our case it is the exact opposite. Anything goes for the God of surprises! No need to change, the Church of surprises can accommodate you IN YOUR SIN.
    It reminds me of all those who followed Him and wanted to make Him their King, only to scatter at the first sign of a teaching which was bitter.
    I pray that all here are granted the Grace to endure such times as we are seeing and remain faithful to God and humble of heart.

15. Mario

Mario Powers

Jesus lays the foundation for how we are to understand all issues of sexuality. He returns to the beginning and to Genesis 1 and 2. In its beauty and simplicity it covers not only the understanding for divorce but all issues relative to sexuality. It is in the one flesh unity of husband and wife that our sexuality is to be understood and enjoyed; in marriage alone!

Matthew 19:1 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from Galilee and entered the region of Judea beyond the Jordan; 2 and large crowds followed him, and he healed them there. 3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking, "Is it lawful to divorce one's wife for any cause?" 4 He answered, "Have you not read that he who made them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, `For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh'? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder." 7 They said to him, "Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?" 8 He said to them, "For your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for unchastity, and marries another, commits adultery." 10 The disciples said to him, "If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is not expedient to marry."

Notice how the Lord connects the generations. The man leaves his father and mother; he and his wife begin their own family. How simple. If one truly goes to Jesus, all our idols and hardness of heart will ultimately be demolished. Let it be so.

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

DeGaulle, Katfalls, Dolours and 3 others like this.
  16. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

If my church had that in the bulletin I would be looking for another church. And I have done that! I once had a Parish Priest hand out a flyer after Mass when Bush was running for President against Kerry and he said it was ok to vote for a pro-choice president. I told him I was outta there. He wanted to discuss it and Zi told him we were so far apart we would never see eye to eye, I am pro life. So I found a different Parish.

17. AED

AED Powers

Bravo! So sad though when a priest takes that position.

18. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

After I posted that I should have stated find another Parish not another church :). Yes, I found another very wonderful Parish. Have since moved across the country and have found another wonderful Parish with an Irish Priest :). It is "Christ The King" Parish, and yes, Jesus is my King.

19. Immaculata

DeGaulle, HeavenlyHosts and Don_D like this.
  20. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

From the above link...

Northern Ireland: Priest Gives Pro-Gay Homily After WMOF

News: World News
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AddThis Sharing Buttons
    Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Google+Share to EmailShare to Print
    by David Nussman • ChurchMilitant.com • September 5, 2018 2 Comments
    'The gay community wanted to have marriage too, and I believe that all loving relationships should be acknowledged, respected and treasured'

NEWRY, Northern Ireland (ChurchMilitant.com) - After the 2018 World Meeting of Families (WMOF), a priest in Northern Ireland is vocally supporting the normalization of same-sex "marriage."

The Emerald Isle is split between the Republic of Ireland and U.K. member-state Northern Ireland. At the Cathedral of Saint Patrick and Saint Colman in Newry, Northern Ireland, a priest gave a pro-gay homily at Sunday Mass, citing the pro-gay messaging of the WMOF in Dublin.

He began the sermon, "I think it is fair to say that contemporary understandings of marriage have changed considerably since our second reading by St. Paul was written."

It seems that the priest was alluding to the reading from chapter five of St. Paul's Letter to the Ephesians, which calls on wives to be subordinate to their husbands, and on husbands to love their wives as Christ loves His Church.

The priest giving the homily has been identified as Fr. Desmond Loughran, the acting administrator of the cathedral parish.

Father Loughran's homily continued, "It is not now seen as a union between a man and a woman. The gay community wanted to have marriage too, and I believe that all loving relationships should be acknowledged, respected and treasured."

"This week, we have been celebrating all that makes the family wonderful," he said.

"And we need to be celebrating all the different types of families that we have," he added. "And I feel we also need to recognize how as a Church we should be acknowledging all the different types of relationships, too, that make up families."

This pro-gay homily followed on the heels of the pro-gay messaging at the 2018 WMOF. Notably, pro-gay American Jesuit Fr. James Martin gave a speech about how parishes should be more welcoming to members of the LGBT community.

"I believe that the love between two people should be acknowledged under God," Fr. Loughran preached. "After all, we are taught and told by the Church that we are created in the image and likeness of God Himself."

[​IMG]
    Fr. Desmond Loughran
    Loughran recalled how he once baptized the baby son of a lesbian couple and discussed other things he did to be more "inclusive" to LGBT people.

He asked rhetorically, "Why does it matter who is gay or who is straight or who is black or who is white?"

He went on to say, "Our sexuality is God's gift to us as the person we are, that we should have the freedom to be the sexual person that we are, and not be judged on our sexuality by having to identify as gay, straight or bi, or whatever."

Father Loughran attacked conservatives by conflating sexual morality with racism, saying, "You cannot say you are pro-life, or you cannot say you love your neighbor, if you are anti-gay or anti-black people or anti-Muslim or anti-any life form — because all life is created in the image and likeness of God."

In what sounds like an argument for veganism, the priest preached, "[W]e have no right to prevent or deprive any form of life from living or loving or being loved — or being part of a family either."

DeGaulle likes this.