Ireland has fallen

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by AidanK, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

We have the TLM twice a month now in Waterford (used to be once a month) and it seems to be drawing more people all the time. I have to travel nearly an hour for it but I try to go if possible, it's worth it. No nonsense :)

AidanK, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  2. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Archangels

You should try the SSPX, they are doing ordinary masses. Personally I wouldn't attend a mass like Garabandal describes, it seems very wrong to me.

AED likes this.
  3. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

In our parish, one receives communion and then leaves, but this all occurs after the priest has given his blessing.

Dolours and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I am glad someone else feels the way I do. It feels very wrong to me too.

And I love Mass. But the abuses are just horrendous. To me it is like a mockery of the Last Supper. Putting the host through the perspex 'letter box' was the last straw for me in our parish.

5. Indy

Indy Praying

Nice piece here on Irish history, I particularly like how these people are trying to head the division between Catholics and Protestants in Ireland and that sectarianism is all about a division pushed by cultural Marxists in Sinn Fein and on the other side. Many brave Irish patriots of the past were protestants.

DeGaulle likes this.
  6. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I don't think sectarianism necessarily has its roots in cultural Marxism. Long before Marx was born, the most vicious sectarian campaign imaginable was implemented by Protestants against Catholics in these islands. This is not to say that cultural Marxists aren't opportunistically exploiting the situation. However, we all remember Cromwell; the Penal Laws; the suppression of primogeniture among Catholics, almost inevitably leading to famine; Mass rocks; hedge schools and so on. This seems a fine initiative, but there is some responsibility that can't simply be deflected to contemporary bogey-men.

AidanK and AED like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Praying

I guess I was getting at that "cultural Marxists aren't opportunistically exploiting the situation"

But I do feel we need unity not division, obviously not compromising our sacraments but don't feel like a debate on that.

My ancestors suffered greatly at the hands of a so called protestant regime, but I don't see any harm in attempting to end sectarianism.

DeGaulle likes this.
  8. Malachi

Malachi Archangels

During this pandemic the novus ordo has been even more exposed as a butchery and a mutilation of the Catholic mass. It's so depressing to see just how impoverished it is from every aspect. There is absolutely nothing redeemable about it and if we must suffer its extinction during this "pandemic" then what a blessing.

AidanK and AED like this.
  9. Dolours

Dolours Powers

That's my solution. Thank God I have options in the city centre because my own parish is probably the best of what's available in this area. If what you describe were the only option, I think I would grit my teeth and go to that Mass because there's no Sanctifying Grace from a spiritual Communion, and no matter what some people would have us believe, watching Mass on a screen is not the same as being physically present at the Holy Sacrifice.

Coincidentally, today was the first time I saw Communion at the end of Mass. I watched two Masses online, both from London. One was an OF Mass and the other a TLM. The OF Mass was in a church that looked like a 1970's kitchen with black and white tiles on the floor. The TLM church was very ornate and there was a person singing (chanting?) the responses, the Kyrie and the Gloria.

I saw no final blessing at the OF Mass and the people seemed to leave after receiving Communion. Before giving out Communion, the priest held up first the consecrated host and then the chalice saying in turn "The Body/Blood of Christ" and everyone said "Amen". Communion was given in silence.

There was a final blessing at the TLM. When I saw the priest and altar boy leave I thought it was all over with no Communion. Then I noticed that the people didn't leave and one woman went to kneel at the altar rail. The priest and altar boy returned and gave out Communion. The people returned to the pews after receiving Communion. (I could only see the front pew in both churches and there were a lot more people receiving at the TLM).

There has been no change in the order of the Mass in any of the churches I've been to here. Some are more pernickety than others and some only give Communion in the hand but it is given out during Mass and people can stay and pray after Mass. The length of time they can stay depends on whether the pews need to be sanitised for the next Mass or if it's the last Mass and the church is being closed for the night.

DeGaulle likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

'The people who have no God will have Government as their God.'

G K Chesterton.

11. AED

AED Powers

Very sad. Marino Restrepo said in one of his reflections that if this pandemic is man made a solution will be found and "normal" life will continue. But if it is from God then it is a chastisement and it will not succumb to man made solutions. He believes we are overdue for a chastisement.......sigh.

Sanctus likes this.
  12. Malachi

Malachi Archangels

If it is a chastisement it is one of the worst fails in history.

13. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

The chastisement might not be in the virus itself, but in the diminution of freedoms, and the consequent inclination on the part of the State to further erode them, provoked by it.

Te Deum, AidanK, AED and 1 other person like this.
  14. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Spot on.

AED likes this.
  15. Malachi

Malachi Archangels

Well it certianly isnt the virus with 99.7 percent recovery rate. This is another move on the chess board for the lodge.