Ireland has fallen

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by AidanK, Feb 24, 2018.

1. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

My reply did not come through as such
    I don’t think our posts are meant as criticism
    They are meant to inform
    How else would we learn of the great evils
    Plus we have no way of knowing how each member is involved on the parish level
    We can’t afford to assume

DeGaulle likes this.
  3. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

The weather warnings are obviously true for you, in your country. But I do not live in your country. And the weather warnings here in northern ireland were in my opinion sensationalised by the media. As is usual. Everything is being sensationalized. And I do believe it is my duty to question the sensationalising of every little thing. Is true?

4. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

often, this 'informing' of great evils comes across as plain old criticism.

Let me ask this of you Heavenly, since you feel so strongly about the video:
    did you do anything about the video? Did you contact yoyour ocal bishop and vocalise your worry?
    Did you locate the makers and tell them of your concerns? Perhaps you spoke to your parish priest?

To do none of the above in this instance reduces, in my humble opinion, your 'informing' to mere moaning.

just my opinion.

5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I was too busy “moaning” to do anything o_O:ROFLMAO::D:)

God bless you
    You’re okay, Jack :cool:

6. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

I am not sure it counts as criticism, Jack
    It is more in the way of information about events taking place
    Otherwise how would we know about all of the corruption and sacrilege?
    And there may well be many of us involved on the parish level
    You and I have no way of knowing
    So be fair
    You are entitled to be disgruntled
    But you are hurting only yourself if you stay mired in “disgruntlement”

ahhh but Heavenly, you are only hurting yourself if you stay mired in "moaning"

God bless your good self my friend..

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

:LOL:

8. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

We are all faced with new horrors every day. It is helpful, in my opinion, to have a forum where one can run them by others of similar mind. To discuss them helps one to know better how to deal with them and to decide the best way to react to them. This may include prayer or a more pro-active policy of reporting undesirable events to relevant authorities. I suppose the point proves itself.

Dolours, jackzokay and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  9. paddymclovin40

paddymclovin40 New Member

Dolours and Indy like this.
  10. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

My response wasn't directed at you, so no need to get defensive. I don't know about in the North but here in the Republic the weather warnings are not issued by the media, they are issues by Met Eireann. I don't think the media in any country has the authority to issue weather warnings.

Dolours likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Praying

12. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Maybe the weather fronts will need customs clearance after Brexit ;).

Adoremus likes this.
  13. Dolours

Dolours Guest

I wouldn't call it a plight, Jack, because it's more an inconvenience. I could have managed very well without shovelling the snow. With reports of power failures, I wanted to make sure we could get to the solid fuel if we had no electricity. Thank God we weren't affected by the power failures. Weather forecasting can be a bit hit and miss. Better to err on the side of caution rather than seeing people stranded on motorways as happened in Scotland. A red warning means a possibility that the weather will cause loss of human life.

14. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Some clergy deserve the criticism. Nobody here criticises the Church. The Church is perfect; individual members of the Church Militant are not.

You really don't know what individuals do or don't do to help out. The person giving to collections which keep the lights on in the parish church, fund the candles, etc. used at Mass or pay for the necessities distributed by others to the poor and needy can be as vital to a parish as the person volunteering to clean the parish church.

15. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Thank Don. At least I won't have to do any more shovelling because we didn't have a power failure which means that we have enough solid fuel indoors to keep a fire going until the snow melts. It snowed all day again today and is still snowing but the temperature is beginning to rise and should be above freezing from tomorrow when the rain should help clear the snow. Floods are expected in low lying areas but that shouldn't affect us.

Will offer an extra prayer for you tonight. Please God you will be warm and safe. This has been a weird winter. Only last week I was wondering whether I should mow the grass. Now I can't even see the tops of the small shrubs.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you!
    Weird is right.

AED likes this.
  17. jackzokay

jackzokay Archangels

fair enough, Dolour ...

18. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I was dismissive of the warnings, and I still would assert that our taoiseach betrays tendencies towards a condescending totalitarianism (but that may be my bias on account of his abortion betrayal), but I have to concede that the meteorologists got this one right. It's still snowing down the country and, for example, many farmers are in crisis because milk can't be collected and storage is running out. This is a very difficult time for many small businesses, both rural and urban, that were already on a financial knife-edge.

AED, HeavenlyHosts and maryrose like this.
  19. AidanK

AidanK A great sinner

The abortion referendum is a contest for the very soul of Ireland. If the 8th is repealed this would be a very clear indicator that Satans abroad in Ireland and that Catholicism is in the throes of death

20. Indy

Indy Praying

I agree with you Aiden that the abortion referendum is for the very heart of Ireland but I do believe that he has been in control here already and for far too long. He controls the media, controls the government, close to destroying the church and one of the finest evangelical priesthoods the world has ever seen.

Its not over though, we will not be defeated by the gross stupidity of abortion. We need to speak up, we have the Holy Spirit we need to encourage everyone we know to believe what we believe and seek the truth.

AidanK, Dolours, regolith and 4 others like this.