Ireland has fallen

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by AidanK, Feb 24, 2018.

1. maryrose

maryrose Powers

It's the same with all mainstream parties. They are all traitors. I don't know how they sleep at night.
    The PR system of voting here in the south means it's impossible to shift them. We have a lot of Independent candidates but it's difficult to have any kind of transfer strategy so Mainstream parties continue to be able to maximise their vote with effective transfer strategies. We can only beg the Lord to help us. We are living in a terrible country.

jackzokay, Sam, DeGaulle and 4 others like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

We are living in terrible times here in the USA, too, maryrose. I agree that we can only beg the Lord to help us. We are old enough to remember when things were
    different. And we long for the old days and the old ways to return.
    “By the waters of Babylon, we sat and wept.”

RoryRory, Mario, Carmelite and 8 others like this.
  3. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Our hearts are broken. Such betrayal.

RoryRory, Mario, Jo M and 7 others like this.
  4. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

A united Ireland was a dream that long preceded the destruction of our country. I think it still worthwhile in itself. I am not so sure the political establishment are keen on the notion, at all. It threatens to destabilise their electoral monopoly. I might be wrong, but I perceive both communities in the North of Ireland to be more conservative than the majority of people down South. Regardless, we need Divine help anyway.

jackzokay, Sam, maryrose and 5 others like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

We have sold our birthright for a mess of pottage.

Carmelite, LMF, Jo M and 9 others like this.
  6. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

7. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Mary's child and Sanctus like this.
  8. Mylordandmygod

Mylordandmygod Archangels

Mcaleese gets her 2 cents in also.pity she about as catholic as martin Luther