In need of prayer

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by grimisocks, May 28, 2017.

1. grimisocks

grimisocks Principalities

Somehow I've 'put out' my back yesterday. Was tieing my shoelaces and as soon as I stood up.....wow! what pain. So I'm walking stooped over ever since with extreme pain. Now, I don't know if the doctor will do any good as it's a muscle problem & I think rest is the only remedy, I don't know. Keep me in your thoughts tonight. Thank you all.

Julia, Sanctus, djmoforegon and 2 others like this.
  2. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Desire of Baptism to be Catholic

My prayers go up for you could you pray for me also for the conversion of sinners and souls in purgatory?

Ah heaven

grimisocks likes this.
  3. grimisocks

Yes, I was reading your post just now. Thank you. I never knew about Amelia of Fatima.

4. sponsa Christi

sponsa Christi Sponsa Christi Desire of Baptism to be Catholic

Our Lady: Do not be afraid; I will not harm you. Lucia: Where is Your Grace from? Our Lady: I am from heaven–pointing to the sky. Lucia: And what does Your Grace wish of me? Our Lady: I have come to ask you to come here for six months in succession on the thirteenth day of each month at this same hour. Later I will tell you who I am and what I want. Afterward, I will return here a seventh time. Lucia: And will I go to heaven, too?

Our Lady: Yes, you will. Lucia: And Jacinta?

Our Lady: Also. Lucia: And Francisco?
    Our Lady: Also, but he must say many rosaries. Lucia: Is Maria das Neves already in heaven? Our Lady: Yes, she is. Lucia: And Amélia? Our Lady:

She will be in purgatory until the end of the world.

Do you wish to offer yourselves to God to endure all the sufferings that He may be pleased to send you, as both an act of reparation for the sins with which He is offended and an act of supplication for the conversion of sinners? Lucia: Yes, we do. Our Lady: Well then, you will have much to suffer. But the grace of God will be your comfort. "It was upon saying these last words, 'the grace of God...' that for the first time she opened her hands, which emitted a most intense light that penetrated our breasts, reaching the innermost part of our souls and making us see ourselves in God, Who was that light, more clearly than we can see ourselves in the best of mirrors. Then, driven by a deep inspiration, we knelt down and repeated inwardly: 'O Most Holy Trinity, I adore Thee! My God, my God, I love Thee in the Most Blessed Sacrament.'” "A moment later, Our Lady added, 'Pray the rosary every day to obtain peace for the world and the end of the war.' She immediately began to rise serenely toward the east until she disappeared far into the distance. The light that surrounded her was, so to speak, opening her way through the starry firmament."

grimisocks likes this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Will do!!

grimisocks likes this.
  6. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

Hello Grimsocks,. My prayers go out to you. I would like to also suggest a local chyropracter. I have had to go to one for years and they do help. The way that it was explained to me was the skeletal system gets out of place and it agrevates the muscles. Please give the back cracker a chance. May God bless you always!

grimisocks likes this.
  7. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I'm no doctor but this sounds like a slipped disc. With that kind of pain you should certainly see a doctor. Chiropractic might well help, but do get medical advice. You will probably be told to take a lot of rest lying down....

8. Dolours

Dolours Guest

I feel for you. Did the same to my back years ago at work, went straight to hospital A&E and was told it was a damaged ligament. After years of heat treatment, ice treatment, back exercises, etc., an MRI scan showed disc pressing on sciatic nerve. There was a painkiller called distalgesic that gave me some relief but it has since been taken off the market. It happens to me very rarely now because I am so careful but I find bed rest to be the best treatment (being retired helps in that respect). I think that nowadays they prescribe anti-inflammatory/mild relaxant plus painkillers. Best to ask your doc to refer you for an MRI scan.

Prayers going up for you.

grimisocks likes this.
  9. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

I'm with going to the doctor. It may not be just a pulled muscle.
    If it is indeed a disc problem, it will be seen with MR imaging.

Dolours and grimisocks like this.
  10. grimisocks

Thanks for all your replies & prayers. I've been to the chiropractor. A little better but I'll have to go back to him tomorrow.

11. heyshepard

heyshepard Archangels

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I'll continue to pray. God bless!
    Shep.

grimisocks likes this.