I'm looking for something; please help!

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by PurpleFlower, Apr 24, 2021.

1. ellen

ellen Ellen

Mary Crowder likes this.
  2. ellen

ellen Ellen

Yes..I noticed that St Therese prayers are part of this devotion. I'm anxious to get started!

I'm still a little confused on certain parts ... like saying the prayers on Sundays and holy days and using rosary beads to say the chaplet?... not sure about that.

I need to do some more reading up on whats required.

3. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

I just joined the Archconfraternity last week. :)

Sam and AED like this.
  4. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

I looked around and there are many places to purchase Holy Face items. I got my chaplet from a lady on Etsy who makes them and touches them to a relic of the Holy Face she's had in her family since around 1900.

Mario and AED like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

What a great idea.

6. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

This site will teach you all you need to know! Read everything on the initial page of the link, then scroll back up to where you see the 3 little horizontal lines. Click on that, and you'll see a list of pages to read about the history, prayers, revelations, promises and miracles of the Holy Face devotion.

https://www.holyfaceadoration.com/

You can't really use a normal rosary to do the chaplet, since the chaplet is divided into 5 groups of 6 beads, with 3 at the end, in honor of the 33 years of Jesus' life. I'd get an actual chaplet!

As for what to pray on Sundays and Holydays... You pray the Litany of the Holy Face. Every other day, as a bare minimum, you pray the Golden Arrow prayer plus one Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be. Tuesday is the day specially devoted to honoring Jesus' holy face, and we are asked to go visit the Blessed Sacrament in a spirit of reparation each Tuesday. The chaplet and many other prayers can be prayed as well, as you desire.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    Julia and Mary Crowder like this.
  7. ellen

ellen Ellen

PF... Im having to work through some confusion about how to say the Chaplet. It doesnt go along any familiar patterns like the ordinary rosary or the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

It'll take me awhile to get the "rhythm" of it. o_O

It seems there are alot of "parts" to do in this devotion as you listed in your post.

Im a slow learner but ...once I get it ..Im unstoppable!!! :D

I ordered a HF rosary center and a matching cross to make my own chaplet. Seems the site that has them is having difficulty getting them out to devotees!!

8. AED

AED Powers

It is on you tube--a couple of versions.

9. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

Yes there are many prayers and parts! Lots to learn, but so worth it. :love:

What do you mean, they're having trouble getting chaplets out to devotees? Do you mean they can't keep up with demand, or they're having technical difficulties?

I highly recommend buying the Manual of the Holy Face. Let me see if I can link it here.

10. ellen

ellen Ellen

Exactly AED...Lots of different interpretations. I watched them all and they didn't clear it up for me.

I got a lil booklet in the mail that has an simpler explanation that I'm gonna follow.:)

PurpleFlower and AED like this.
  11. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Archangels

https://holyfaceadoration.com/holy-face-chaplet

This is the clearest explanation of the Holy Face chaplet I've found. Laid out very straightforward and in order. And below is the link to the Holy Face Manual. This is a combination of two manuals given in the early 20th century to members of the Archconfraternity of the Holy Face. It lays out all of the prayers, revelations, requirements of being in the Archconfraternity, and the story of Sr. Mary of St. Peter. It also has various prayers in Latin at the back of the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Manual-Holy-...=1619808663&sprefix=manual+of+the+holy&sr=8-3

Sam likes this.
  12. ellen

ellen Ellen

Heres the site..
    http://www.holyfacedevotion.com/

13. ellen

ellen Ellen

THANKS Purple Flower for all the great info!!!

Sam and PurpleFlower like this.