I truly need your prayers.

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Lee, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Lee

Lee Principalities

You all are such a sweet smelling bouquet for my heart. Thank you. Your prayers are helping us so very much.

Gail

2. darrell

darrell New Member

Praying for you and your family Gail. I wish I was there to give you a hug. I'll ask my guardian angel to come and give you one.

3. Lee

Lee Principalities

Your prayers are miraculous!

4. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Wow- you are inspiring me. That song was powerful. Hang on to that and we'll keep praying for you to keep your strength. Hugs, Kath

5. Mario

Mario Powers

6. Lee

Lee Principalities

Mario, thank you for your generous heart. My husband's name was Steve, oldest is Michael, youngest is Sam. But we are open to any and all prayers you send our way.

Gail

7. Allyd

Allyd Angels

Gail, you are constantly in my prayers!! Your faith is amazing, you are filled with such strength and courage.

8. Lee

Lee Principalities

Bendito sea Dios! All Glory and Honor goes to our Lord the giver of Life and to Our Blessed Mother, Mother of all Mercy.
    It's funny when you really own those sentiments, what freedom! Amen? can I get an AMEN? :D

9. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

10. twoangels

twoangels New Member

My dear Gail, I am so sorry for your loss. What an awful shock for you. I only caught your prayer request today as I'm not on the forum as much as I would like to be. My kids are telling me that they will say a prayer for you and your husband tonight.

God Bless

Siobhan

11. MomsCalling

MomsCalling Principalities

AAAAAAAAAMEN!!!

12. Lee

Lee Principalities

Dear Faith Family,

Oh how I miss you but there is just too many demands being made on me to come and participate fully. In time, in due time.
    But I need more prayers please if you would.
    My youngest, Sam, 19 was almost kicked out of the house on Friday night. There has been behavior displayed that was just unacceptable. But the miracle was, when he was called on it, instead of going further away, by the graces bestowed, he came closer and wants more than ever to be part of the family, be responsible and accountable. Praise God.
    But he's on the precipice of accepting God's Love and actually changing his life, a true conversion. Please please, pray with me this week that he would surrender to Jesus and the Power of His Love and come to the family of God waiting for him. He only has to say "yes". I'm committing this week to prayer and fasting for him. I've imposed a curfew or moritorium, no face book, computer, electric music or friends outside of this house. He's meeting today with the Life Teen Youth minister who sang at my husbands memorial mass. He,the singer made a great impression on Sam.
    I know that your hearts are open and willing and I thank you in advance for all and any prayers and petitions.

Gail

13. MomsCalling

I understand where you are with a 19 year-old...praying for him now. If any way you can take him to Medjugorje this year...that is where the great conversions happen!

Sometimes in times of trouble, we do radical things. Hopefully he will come to terms with his inner hurting and be better for you soon. Patience, love, and conviction, and lots of prayer is needed.

My heart goes out to you and your family at this time,

14. Lee

Lee Principalities

Funny you should say that, I just asked God this morning if that was a possibility, to please provide it. I want both my boys to go, She's waiting there for them. :wink:

15. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Gail
    I prayed for you at the shrine of Our Lady of Knock yesterday and also for your husbands soul. I will continue to remember you all.

God bless
    Mary

16. Mario

Mario Powers

Gail,

I'll be glad to shift my attention in that direction. I'm already praying for my 19-yr-old Christopher that he experience a deep conversion of the heart. His obedience is now directed toward the truth; he needs to obey out of a deep, personal love for Jesus. It's only the Holy Spirit that can work that miracle of grace!

Jesus, do whatever is necessary to bring Christopher and Sam into the center of yor Sacred Heart, burning with love.

17. Allyd

Allyd Angels

Gail and Terry, I have the exact same prayers for my 18 year old son. Both of your children are included along with my prayers.

18. Mario

Mario Powers

As you wish! :D For Allyd's son, also!

Safe In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

19. Lee

Lee Principalities

So every day without fail God has given me a message for where I am, new things cropping up every minute it seems. But this one really hit home.
    When my husband and I were in the mountains on vacation he became very angry at one point and I tried to diffuse it with an idea that at every minute he/we have a choice to choose the path of love or the path of resentment/bitterness.
    Today I feel God is cheering me on with the message He gave me.

What an Impact!

Imagine the impact that we individuals could make by a simple choice. Where once we had chosen not to love, we now choose to love.

This is truly how we bring the Kingdom of God to those around us. (amen!)

20. MomsCalling

Hmm, My husband has been angry inside lately too...he too sometimes chooses resentment and bitterness over love and forgiveness. We all do that sometimes, but some people seem to get some kind of comfort out of holding on to that stuff. I don't, thank goodness, but he does. It is part of my job I guess tpo help him through all that. A job that will never end, I suppose.

Gee, do we all have an 18-21 year old boy? No wonder we gel so well here! LOL

I would love to take my kids to Medjugorje, but it is difficult because they both have "other lives" now and starting families. And the money for all of us...yikes! However, nothing is impossible. Today after reading these posts, I got an ovewhelming urge to start praying for God to help me find a way to get them there...next summer when school is out for them (my daughter teaches and my son is still going to college). Maybe it is my beloved angel, Carroll, nudging me. Looking for a sign out the window of this Pizza Hut I'm sitting at...thank God for free WiFi, its everywhere these days!

Lee, I hope things are going better for you...sounds like you are keeping a great attitude through it all! Thank the Lord for our faith and love, imagine how it would be if you were angry at God for all this instead of working with him through all this...so many lost souls feel that way, and it is so sad and lonely for them. To fear the inevitable and to be angry at God when he calls our loved ones to him, So sad. :(