I think the lines are drawn and the separation has officially begun :(

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by fallen saint, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

the liberal bishops will tow the line here, of course.....while the flames of our burning church are licking at their heels they will continue their stance that there is nothing to see here and to move on.....

sunburst likes this.
  2. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Strange days :(

Been listening to Patrick Madrid and the true Catholic faithful want transparency. I think older Catholics understand that this scandal will put a nail in the coffin...for younger generations. If the Pope tries to ignore this situation...it seems like he will become a lame duck Pope. Nothing he says will have legitimacy. It will also be sad because any of his trips around the world, might end up like American politics, with protests and violence. I really don't think, he really understands, that the faithful is not going to accept silence.

And if he did know anything about the scandal...he should tell the faithful and why.

I am still speechless.

These acts are the most evil acts commited by any human being...silence is not the answer. And whoever has been protecting these demons...must be punished. I understand Mercy. Those that committed this great evil must be punished. If they asked for Mercy and forgiveness. Great! But after forgiveness and Mercy... there needs to be justice for their sins. And justice is...immediate prosecution by civil authorities.

Its time for the great cleansing of the Church. Hopefully, Our Holy Father takes action. And once he is finished cleaning up the mess...resigns as pope. The Church is black with sin. Time to clean ranks. The only one that can do this...the Holy Father. I don't think any other response will be acceptable.

This is only wishful thinking. I believe he is going to wait this scandal out.

By his inactions... he will be hurting the church for many generation.

:(

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Agnes rose, DeGaulle, Light and 3 others like this.
  3. padraig

padraig New Member

I was at mass today and the homily was on Pope Francis and his vist to Ireland. Not a sinle metion of Vegnano. or Weurl, or McCarrick or anything. The trip was a big success, the media are out to get the Church over Child Abuse. The trip to Ireland was a huge sucess. Everything is wonderful. At mass the other day the preist told us how wonderful the trip was. NOthing esle.

I feel like I am on the worng planet. Am I imagining everything that has happened? Was it just a bad dream?

Amazing. I was tmepting to go up to teh priest and ask him if he thought Pope Fracnis shoudl resign and if so if he should be arrested and imprisoned and if so for how long? .......just to see his face. I live in alternate universe in this part of Ireland.

4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

It's not just our part of Ireland, Padraig.

We are less than 1% who are switched on & aware of these things. Most ordinary people do not know nor do they want to know --

Light, gracia, Tanker and 3 others like this.
  5. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

This seems to be coming out in the mainstream, now. If one looks back at the Chilean mess, the empty Mass areas seemed indicative of popular indifference and, hopefully, boycott. I don't think all these people would stay away if it was a Pope Sarah.

Light and gracia like this.
  6. padraig

padraig New Member

You might like this interview with Ratmond Arroyo. At the end he was asked what Mother Angelica would have thought and the interviewer starts to cry at his answer.

Very touching.

Nice to hear a real person saying some real things.

Light, gracia, AED and 2 others like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

I am afraid the mainstream media have their hands up for Pope Francis. They're not going to take them down again unless there is an Earthquake. If this stuff was going to break big time it would have broken by now.

Pope Francis et al were banking on this and they banked right. That's why he stayed silent, he banked on them backing him up and he banked right.

The devil certainly is the Prince of this World, at least as far as the Media is concerned. People on the social media, Fox and EWTN are great, but they are terriers trying to take down an elephant as far as the Vatican goes...
    a few Bishops and Cardinals, a handful, were great but they are basically not been listened to or taken as Kooks.

But if God is on our side who can be against us? I am s till very upbeat and positive!!

They can't bury this stuff forever..not if God has anything to do with it!!

..and He has!! ..He has!! He has!!!:):):D

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Light, gracia and AED like this.
  8. Agnes rose

Agnes rose Archangels

9. AED

AED Powers

This corruption is Goliath but David comes against it with 5 smooth stones and the power of the Living God. History —Church history especially—is full of examples of the little and weak of the world confounding the clever and glib. 5 smooth stones—the Wounds of Christ? The 5 decades of the Rosary?

DeGaulle, SgCatholic, gracia and 4 others like this.
  10. Jarg

Jarg Archangels

https://www.lifesitenews.com/mobile...isis-in-the-church1?__twitter_impression=true

Bishop to do 24 hours of public penance for crisis in the Church
    [​IMG]
    Bishop Robert Reed YouTube
    BOSTON, Massachusetts, August 29, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Next month, an American bishop will do 24 hours of public penance in reparation for the crisis in the Church.

Robert Reed, 59, an auxiliary bishop of the Archdiocese of Boston since 2016, placed his intentions in the bulletin of the parish where he is pastor, Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Wayland, MA. The bulletin is dated Sunday, August 26. (Bishop Reed’s full statement is posted below.)

Reed stated that he is “deeply disturbed by what is happening in the Church” and wondered what he could do. His only answer was that he could fast and pray.

“To that end,” he wrote, “and as your pastor, I commit myself to a full day and night of public penance.”

On Monday, September 24, Bishop Reed will celebrate his usual 9:00 a.m. Mass and then pray and fast before the Blessed Sacrament until 9:00 a.m. the next day, when he will again say Mass.

He invited his parishioners to join him during his long vigil, for a few minutes or a full hour.

The notice was spotted by Catholic author Leah Libresco, who posted it on Twitter.

Full text of Bishop Reed’s announcement:

DAY of PERSONAL PENANCE

September 24, 2018

A couple years ago, on a Monday morning, I was informed that I had been named a bishop. When I accepted, I was conscious of the fact that, I also would have to accept whatever the future held with a complete openness to God’s will; much like in a marriage, or when I was ordained a priest.

These days, I find myself deeply disturbed by what is happening in the Church. I know the bishops must act decisively and that the action needs to be thorough, transparent, professional and in cooperation with competent laypeople. But still, I ask the question: what can I do?

All I know is that I can pray and do penance. To that end, and as your pastor, I commit myself to a full day and night of public penance.

On Monday, September 24, 2018, I will celebrate the 9 o’clock Mass in Saint Ann Church as I usually do. Following that Mass I will expose the Blessed Sacrament and remain there in prayer and fasting until the next morning, concluding this period of prayer and penance with the celebration of the 9:00 am Mass on Tuesday.

All throughout this period, the church will remain open. You are most welcome to join me in prayer for a few minutes or for a full hour. In fact, I would welcome your presence as I do the only things I know to do in the face of evil; prayer and penance.

Most sincerely,

Bishop Reed

padraig, sterph, Carol55 and 7 others like this.
  11. gracia

gracia Archangels

Amen! I kind of figured that Pope Francis would not step down. He is too in love with power, and too loved, as you said, by the media. No, sexual abuse of children and young people can not even turn the media against him.

If this were Pope Benedict, the media would be tearing his throat out. That is some worldly, worldly power, when the media still loves you when you allow sexual exploitation and the rape of children. And we all know who the prince of this world is... I think not a few of us have growing hunches as to Pope Francis' true nature, intentions, and end goal. Either via intuition or private revelation. It is a nice thought that he might go, but Francis, like the Enemy, will not give up, will not step down. The man needs help, but whether he responds to Divine Mercy has yet to be evidenced. :( We must still pray for him, but it is likely he will just keep slowly chugging towards his plan.

I think there may be growing cause to hope, and rejoice, though. It may get very, very dark, but the little lights that we carry give all the more joy in the dark. Who cares for a candle when it's day? Crypto-Catholics. Crypto-Christians. It is a challenge but ultimately a joy to carry the Faith quietly in your heart. Many, many Christians the world over already live this way. It is hard, but easy, too, because you are so weak and totally unable, and clumsy, and only grace holds you up. Every light is a gift. Every Truth you guys possess is an incredible treasure whose worth can not be evaluated. Many, many lights. Like at Lourdes. Little, tiny, holy lights. Your candle will never go out. Don't forget that.

Francis reigns but for a night. Then the Day comes. Look forward, and follow Christ.

Tanker, DivineMercy, Denise P and 2 others like this.
  12. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

As the homosexualist agenda seems to find barren soil in Africa, as the Faith is spreading increasingly widely there and as the African population is exploding, I'm thinking that, over the next century, the Faith will be saved by Africans. Western Civilisation is probably done. So much for that, it has ultimately been the seed of its own destruction, but Western Civ. has done its job, propagating the Faith all around the world. Perhaps God has no further use for it.

gracia likes this.
  13. padraig

padraig New Member

Washington Cardinal Wuerl seems to be, 'On the run', from US authorites who are actively seeking to prevent him leaving the country and wish him to surrender his passport.

What an incredible state of affairs.

[​IMG]

Day 6, August 29, 2018

It is now the 6th day since the publication on Saturday, August 25, of Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano's "Testimony" denouncing lack of Vatican action in regard to allegations of sexual abuse against former-Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, and ending with a call for Pope Francis to resign the papacy, just as Benedict did.

And, one must be frank: the situation is at this moment extremely volatile and extremely dangerous.

I repeat: the situation is extremely dangerous, for the Church, and so also for the world (since, as I quote above, the purpose of the Church is to serve the salvation of the world; without the Church, that task cannot be performed, and so world would be lost, or many souls in it).

Just today, an article in The Federalist by Paul A. Rahe sums up the present moment this way: "As all of this suggests, we are now at a turning point. The Lavender Mafia controls the papacy and the Vatican overall, and Pope Francis is packing the College of Cardinals, who will elect the next Pope, with sympathizers. Pope Francis and his minions have now been exposed, named, and shamed; and there will be a civil war within the Roman Catholic Church."

Rahe's article is a bit "over the top," and I do not agree with all of it, but it -- unfortunately -- contains many truths; if you would prefer to remain undisturbed, do not read it; if you would prefer to consider the possible parameters of the tragic disaster we face, go ahead and read it (link).

In fact -- in line with some of the concerns I mentioned in my Letter of yesterday about the possible legal ramifications of these latest events -- one news outlet (link) is now reporting that the US government may even be seeking to keep Cardinal Donald Wuerl, Archbishop of Washington, inside the United States in order to question him regarding his role in the alleged "cover-up" of the abuse of children by Church clergy.

This outlet is reporting that the government many perhaps even ask Wuerl to surrender his passport and that Wuerl (like Vigano) has in recent hours gone "underground" and that the Vatican is seeking to have him travel quietly out of the US before he is actually prevented from doing so.

I cannot confirm this information, I can only report that it is being reported -- perhaps it is wrong to spread the report at this moment, but perhaps it would also be wrong not to share with you that the report is out there on the internet (link).

And the Napa Institute, led by Timothy Busch -- who was in touch with Vigano two weeks before the publication of his text -- has announced that they will assemble a group of Catholic laymen in America to meet in Washington D.C. at Catholic University on October 1 and 2 to discuss all of these events, and to propose ways that laymen can perhaps "take over" some of the oversight functions of the US bishops in running the Church in the US (link).

I do not know whether we should call this a potentially revolutionary conference, or not... or whether we might call it a conference to "de-clericalize" or "re-clericalize" the Church. I will try to attend the meeting.

But who knows -- at this pace, it may be that October 1 and 2 will already be too late for such a conference, maybe the situation will precipitate before then...

So, we are at Day #6 since the Vigano text.

Why chronicle the days in this way?

Because the battle that has been triggered by Vigano's text is a specific crystallization of a century-old battle between two concepts of reality, one "material" and one "spiritual" — a crystallization which is bringing the long battle to a climax. (Yes, the 100-year-old battle between "modernist" and "orthodox" Catholics believers.)

So the battle, seemingly, has finally in these days been joined, and the result, for better or worse, may determine the Church's direction for decades to come.

The "material" concept organizes all of reality around this life -- the life of air, soil, wind and fire, of the senses, of what is measurable, of what is useful.

It is a clean, simple, "one-story" world view.

It denies that anything immaterial, spiritual, transcendant, has "real" existence.

It is "content" and "confident" that, in entrusting itself (in entrusting human hopes and goals) to "this world" in its concreteness, it is being quite reasonable, and is making the right decision.

It is worldview that is perturbed by the "unreasonable" passion or "longing for the holy" of the orthodox.

The "spiritual" concept -- which is the essence of the traditional Christian worldview -- is that what is spiritual, what is transcendant, what is holy, what is divine, what is "above," is the only truly "real."

The "spiritual" concept relativizes this present physical world (this "saeculum," this "age") because this present physical world passes away at each moment, and is inescapably subject to the frustration of decay, sin, and death.

And the spiritual concept -- seeking life, for it is not "life-denying" but "life-longing" and "life-loving" in the truest sense -- contains a longing to actually obtain the spiritual, to "spiritualize" even what is material, to be in the presence of, and penetrated by, the spiritual. (The Eucharist. Christ Himself. The Holy One).

It is a complex "two-story" world view. (Made more complex by the doctrine of Incarnation.)

It affirms that only what is immaterial, spiritual, transcendant, has "real" existence.

It is restless and discontented with "this world" in so far as "this world" excludes the next, and it entrusts itself to the "next world" precisely because such an "entrustment" transcends ordinary reason, reaching toward "that which is above."

The start of the final battle in this period of history between these two worldviews was signaled on August 25 by the publication of Vigano's "Testimony."

============================

gracia and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. padraig

padraig New Member

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/30/pederasty-cover-will-make-civil-war-within-catholic-church/

[​IMG]

How The Pederasty Cover-Up Will Make Civil War Within The Catholic Church
    Since his election, Pope Francis has done everything within his power to soften and subvert the church’s teaching concerning human sexuality. He also packed the College of Cardinals with the Lavender Mafia.
    [​IMG]
    By Paul Rahe
    August 30, 2018
    Sixteen years ago, reporters at The Boston Globe conducted an extensive investigation of the sexual abuse of minors by priests in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston. Not long thereafter, reporters elsewhere detailed similar abuse in places like Los Angeles, Chicago, New Orleans, Philadelphia, and the like. The word used in the press to describe what had been going on was pedophilia, which is a misnomer deliberately employed to cover up what journalists then considered and still consider now an inconvenient aspect of the truth.

As a report commissioned by the National Review Board of the American Catholic bishops and issued in 2004 revealed, something like 81 percent of the victims were boys, and very few were, in the strictest sense, children. They were nearly all what we euphemistically call young adults. They were male adolescents on the younger side — at the age when boys as they mature can briefly be downright pretty.

What was involved was what its advocates call man-boy love: a sexual relationship between a grown man who serves as a mentor and a boy who is under his care or simply admires or stands in awe of him. The ancient Greeks, who practiced this systematically in the classical period, called this phenomenon pederasty, and I wrote extensively about it 26 years ago in the first part of my hardback book, “Republics Ancient and Modern” (the pertinent chapter can be found in the first volume of the paperback edition).

In the course of these investigations, a number of other things came to light. First, a priest named Gerald Fitzgerald — who in 1947 founded a small religious order named Congregation of the Servants of the Paraclete to counsel priests who had difficulty with alcoholism, substance abuse, celibacy, and the like — had for decades been trying to alert the American bishops and officials in the Vatican (including Pope Paul VI) to the fact that priestly pederasty (which, he said, was unheard of before World War II) was a growing problem within the American Catholic Church. He had persistently tried to persuade the hierarchy to forbid the perpetrators’ supervision of boys and to laicize them, all to no avail.

It also turned out that in 1984, when a scandal of this sort broke out in the diocese of Lafayette, Louisiana, a Dominican priest named Thomas P. O’Doyle — who was a canon lawyer working for the Papal Nuncio in Washington and had seen numerous reports of a similar kind cross his desk — joined with a Louisiana lawyer named F. Ray Mouton, Jr., and another priest, a psychiatrist named Michael Peterson, who directed a hospital for troubled priests and knew a great deal, to conduct an extensive investigation of clerical misconduct along these lines throughout the United States.

The report these three men produced was sent to every bishop in the country in May 1985, and then it was ignored. Bishop after bishop continued the long-standing practice of covering up the scandals that arose, of paying off the victims, eliciting from them a non-disclosure agreement, and transferring the perpetrators from one parish to another and even from one diocese to another.

Not long after the scandal first broke and the National Review Board issued its 2004 report, I was a guest at a dinner hosted by a Catholic friend, as was a highly intelligent, young local priest who, everyone knew, would someday become a bishop. By then it was evident to anyone who bothered to read the report that pederasty, not pedophilia, was the problem, and I had long known that there were seminaries in the United States that were essentially cathouses in which all of the cats were male.

When talk turned to the clerical scandal, I suggested that the fatal decision the American bishops had made in 1985 to continue covering everything up must have come from Rome. If, I argued, every diocese followed the same procedures, the bishops must have received guidance from the center.

Could it then be the case, I asked, that this was not a peculiarly American problem — that this was going on elsewhere, all over the world; that Rome was the epicenter; and that the Papal nuncio in Washington or his superiors at the Vatican were complicit? Could the colleges in Rome, established for the education of especially promising seminarians from all over the world, in effect be gay bordellos and promotion into the hierarchy for many a young priest came at a price?

My host knew what I was talking about. He had once been a Jesuit novice, and had been expelled from the Jesuits by the provincial for complaining about the sexual misconduct going on in the novitiate all around him. What I remember most vividly, however, was the silence of the young priest at the dinner table. He had been talkative. Now he said not a word. He was even then a handsome young man, and had studied at the North American College at a time when he was no doubt even more striking. As we left, I remember saying to my wife, “He knows more than he is willing to divulge.”

I do not mean to say that he was complicit. I doubt that very much. I do mean to suggest that he had received unwanted attention and knew that, if he talked about it, it would halt his clerical career.

Later, of course, it became evident that my suspicions of Rome were justified. In the intervening years, there have been scandals identical to the American scandal in Canada, Australia, Belgium, Bavaria, Ireland, Honduras, Chile, and elsewhere.

A few years ago, we also learned that a host of high-level figures in the Curia were being blackmailed by their male lovers. I am told that Pope Benedict, who had by that time contracted Parkinson’s Disease, resigned his office in this connection because he knew there needed to be a purge and he feared that he did not have the physical stamina to carry it out. In his memoirs, Pope Benedict touches on the “gay lobby” and confesses to a lack of resoluteness. As everyone understood at the time, the task of cleaning house was to be left to his successor.

DeGaulle likes this.
  15. padraig

padraig New Member

In the interim between Pope Benedict’s papacy and that of his successor, we received another indication of the depth of the problem. In the newspapers of Scotland, we learned that Keith Michael Patrick O’Brien, a cardinal and archbishop who was the primate of Scotland, had been buggering seminarians and young priests for years and nothing had been done in response to the complaints they had submitted to the Papal Nuncio. It was only when they went public in 2013 that the Vatican acted.

Unfortunately, however, Benedict’s successor was Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina, the man who calls himself Pope Francis. As a Belgian cardinal named Gottfried Daneels — who had been removed as an archbishop because he had covered up the pederasty of another Belgian cardinal and had come out in support of contraception, divorce, gay marriage, euthanasia, and abortion — revealed in his memoirs, Bergoglio’s candidacy was promoted by the St. Gallen Group, a part of what Catholics call “the Lavender Mafia.”

This disgraced figure stood on the balcony with Bergoglio after he was elected pope. He was chosen to say the prayer at the new pope’s inauguration. And there was joy in the ranks of those inclined to break the vow of celibacy.

If you want to get a sense of what such people thought, I suggest that you read “The Vatican’s Secret Life,” an article that appeared in Vanity Fair in December 2013. It is an eye-opener. Its author, Michael Joseph Gross, is not scandalized by what he found. He celebrates it and, tellingly, never once mentions, even under the guise of pedophilia, the propensity of prominent priests to indulge in pederasty. As Gross observes:

At the Vatican, a significant number of gay prelates and other gay clerics are in positions of great authority. They may not act as a collective but are aware of one another’s existence. And they inhabit a secretive netherworld, because homosexuality is officially condemned. Though the number of gay priests in general, and specifically among the Curia in Rome, is unknown, the proportion is much higher than in the general population. Between 20 and 60 percent of all Catholic priests are gay, according to one estimate cited by Donald B. Cozzens in his well-regarded The Changing Face of the Priesthood. For gay clerics at the Vatican, one fundamental condition of their power, and of their priesthood, is silence, at least in public, about who they really are.

Clerics inhabit this silence in a variety of ways. A few keep their sexuality entirely private and adhere to the vow of celibacy. Many others quietly let themselves be known as gay to a limited degree, to some colleagues, or to some laypeople, or both; sometimes they remain celibate and sometimes they do not. A third way, perhaps the least common but certainly the most visible, involves living a double life. Occasionally such clerics are unmasked, usually by stories in the Italian press. In 2010, for the better part of a month, one straight journalist pretended to be the boyfriend of a gay man who acted as a ‘honeypot’ and entrapped actual gay priests in various sexual situations. (The cardinal vicar of Rome was given the task of investigating. The priests’ fates are unknown.)

gracia and DeGaulle like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

There are at least a few gay cardinals, including one whose long-term partner is a well-known minister in a Protestant denomination. There is the notorious monsignor nicknamed ‘Jessica,’ who likes to visit a pontifical university and pass out his business card to 25-year-old novices. (Among the monsignor’s pickup lines: “Do you want to see the bed of John XXIII?”) There’s the supposedly straight man who has a secret life as a gay prostitute in Rome and posts photographs online of the innermost corridors of the Vatican. Whether he received this privileged access from some friend or family member, or from a client, is impossible to say; to see a known rent boy in black leather on a private Vatican balcony does raise an eyebrow.

I recommend that you read the whole article. The author interviewed a great many clerics in Rome, and makes it clear that they were delighted with the choice of Bergoglio and his selection of advisers.

They had reason to be delighted. Since his election, Pope Francis has done everything within his power to soften and subvert the church’s teaching concerning human sexuality. He put the Lavender Mafia in charge of the two Synods on the Family held in 2014 and 2015. They tried to push through their agenda; and, when the assembled bishops balked, they got a tongue-lashing from the pope, and he inserted in the final report without comment two paragraphs that had not received the requisite two-thirds vote.

All of this — including the machinations of the St. Gallen Group and the role Daneels played — is laid out in detail by an English Catholic, who was in Rome during the early year of this papacy, and who writes under the pseudonym Marcantonio Colonna. The title is “The Dictator Pope: The Inside Story of the Francis Papacy.”

In the last few weeks, we have received further evidence of the power of the prelate-pederasts. A grand jury convened in Pennsylvania has revealed that Donald Wuerl, while bishop of Pittsburgh, covered up a priest-run child-porn ring and a host of other abuse cases involving something on the order of 100 priests, using the age-old trick of pay-offs and non-disclosure agreements. This did not stop him from being named archbishop of Washington DC and of being made a cardinal — which is to say, a Prince of the Church.

He was not even high on the list of possible nominees submitted by the Papal Nuncio. Someone powerful in the Vatican wanted him promoted, and Pope Francis responded to the news of his guilt not by ordering an investigation into Wuerl’s promotion, but with a dodge — by attributing collective guilt to us all.

This past weekend, the chickens finally came home to roost. We had already learned of the predatory conduct of Theodore McCarrick, Wuerl’s predecessor as cardinal-archbishop of Washington. The evidence showed that he had buggered altar boys and seminarians while auxiliary bishop in New York, bishop of Metuchen in New Jersey, and Archbishop of Newark. Formal complaints had been lodged against him as the 1990s and continued to be lodged in later years, but they were ignored, and he was nonetheless promoted.

On Saturday night, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, who was the papal nuncio in Washington from 2011 to 2016, released an 11-page testament, revealing that Pope Benedict had learned of McCarrick’s conduct, had acted against the man in 2009 or 2010 by silencing him, prohibiting him from travel, and forbidding him to say mass in public; that in 2013 he had himself personally warned Pope Francis against McCarrick, spelling out in detail the man’s misdeeds; that Francis had reversed the restrictions imposed on McCarrick by Benedict, taken him as his chief American advisor, and ignored the advice of the Papal Nuncio and accepted that of McCarrick in choosing archbishops and bishops for the United States. This includes Blaise Cupich, the cardinal-archbishop of Chicago, and Joseph Tobin, the cardinal-archbishop of Newark.

Viganò also did something on Saturday night that, as far as I know, no high-ranking prelate has done in more than six hundred years. He called on the pope to resign.

In the meantime, Monsignor Jean-Francois Lantheaume, former first counsellor at the apostolic nunciature in Washington D.C. has emerged to confirm that Viganò‘s predecessor had been instructed to confine McCarrick by Pope Benedict, that he had witnessed the confrontation with McCarrick, and that everything else that Viganò had said was true. To this, we must add that Viganò named names in the Vatican, specifying which high officials had obstructed the investigation into McCarrick’s conduct.

As all of this suggests, we are now at a turning point. The Lavender Mafia controls the papacy and the Vatican overall, and Pope Francis is packing the College of Cardinals, who will elect the next pope, with sympathizers. Pope Francis and his minions have now been exposed, named, and shamed; and there will be a civil war within the Roman Catholic Church.

Either Francis leaves and his supporters and clients are purged, or the church is conceded to those who for decades have sheltered and promoted the pederasts and those who regard their abuse of minors as an indifferent matter. It is time that those bishops, archbishops, and cardinals who are innocent of such conduct stand up and force a house-cleaning. In the meantime, the laity should speak up loud and clear.

This article originally appeared on Ricochet.com and is reprinted with the permission of the author.

Paul A. Rahe holds The Charles O. Lee and Louise K. Lee Chair in the Western Heritage at Hillsdale College, where he is professor of history.

sterph, Don_D, Agnes rose and 2 others like this.
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

Wonderful words.

It reminds me of Our Lady who held the Christ Child to her bosom while the Holy Family fled to |Egypt from King Herod. It looked like King Herod held all the cards but Herod got his comeuppance in the end; apparently he had a terrible death.

We are fleeing to Egypt at the moment but we will return after the death of Herod.

[​IMG]

gracia and Agnes rose like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/b...-rome-to-avoid-u.s.-arrest-for-abuse-cover-up

[​IMG]

Church Militant claims Cdl. Wuerl fleeing to Rome to avoid U.S. arrest for abuse cover-up

WASHINGTON, D.C., August 30, 2018 (LifeSiteNews) – Pope Francis has directed Cardinal Donald Wuerl to leave the United States “before being arrested” by authorities, Church Militant’s Michael Voris reported this evening.

The Washington, D.C. cardinal – successor to disgraced ex-Cardinal Theodore McCarrick – and former bishop of Pittsburgh, where a recent grand jury report says he helped shuffle around and cover for sex abuser priests, is in hiding while “final plans for sneaking him out of the country are executed,” Voris reported.

According to Voris, who says he received this information from reliable sources, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) may open up a RICO case against the Catholic Church. RICO, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, is a 1970 anti-organized crime, anti-racketeering law.

Because Wuerl would be a prime target of such a case, according to Voris, Pope Francis wants him out of the country lest he reveal “all he knows” because any potential DOJ case would lead to the Vatican.

“They are trying to sneak him out of the nation under Vatican diplomatic secrecy,” said Voris, noting Wuerl has backed out of a number of public events after the Pennsylvania news broke, and speculating he may be hiding at a hotel in the nation’s capital. Voris said priests of the archdiocese received a letter from Wuerl saying he was looking forward to seeing them during Labor Day weekend.

The report begins at 2:52 in the video:

This potential action from the federal government, which would be huge if undertaken, is due to the clergy sexual abuse crisis that has rocked the U.S. church with the release of the Pennsylvania grand jury report that exposed decades of clerical sex abuse and church cover-up. Also adding to the scandal is the recent detailed testimony of Archbishop Carlo Viganò, who says that Pope Francis and a number of high-ranking cardinals, bishops, and priests knew about McCarrick’s predation yet still placed him in positions of influence and allowed him access to seminarians. Viganò said in his testimony that Wuerl “lies shamelessly” in denying that he was aware of McCarrick’s abuse.

Rumors about Wuerl’s whereabouts have been flying in D.C. Catholic circles, with some speculating he may already be in Rome and others also mentioning Wuerl’s alleged upcoming meeting with priests.

Catholic author George Neumayr and a Washington Post journalist both showed up to an upscale Northwest D.C. house owned by the Archdiocese of Washington to try to find out if it is where McCarrick is. Neumayr filmed his confrontations with at least one diocesan employee outside and even managed to walk around the first floor of the house. The Washington Post reporter said her editors received a call complaining about her presence.

As of August 30 at 5:40 p.m. EST, there was no activity outside that house and its lights were off.

This is a developing story. LifeSiteNews will continue to provide updates.

gracia and Agnes rose like this.
  19. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

That materialist/spiritual distinction is a clumsy definition of Reality that strays close to Gnosticism. I'm sure it's wholly unintentional, but it might be better to define the situation in terms of orthodox vs heretic or Catholic vs atheist. The material world is a sacred part of God's creation, too. That is why it is sinful to defile the body.

gracia likes this.
  20. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I've heard that some call Donal Wuerl 'Donna'! Evidently Donna's in a whirl...

With him is sinking Bill Donohue's reputation, a man I had had regard for. Maybe Donohue was deceived...or maybe he should be renamed Donnahue.

Light, AED and padraig like this.