I think the lines are drawn and the separation has officially begun :(

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by fallen saint, Aug 28, 2018.

1. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Agnes rose and Carol55 like this.
  2. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Shocking isn't it? I see a schism and the warning, coming very soon.

gracia, Byron and Carol55 like this.
  3. fallen saint

4. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Fallen Saint, This is extremely sad! Talk about showing his true colors.

I don't know about you but I am thankful for the secular news sometimes. The public needs to know these are thoughts of Cardinal Cupich and possibly Pope Francis also (hopefully not). I wonder what sort of damage control Cardinal Cupich will come up with to explain his words away.

From the article,

"The Pope has a bigger agenda," Cardinal Cupich said. "He's got to get on with other things, of talking about the environment and protecting migrants and carrying on the work of the church. We're not going to go down a rabbit hole on this."
    The so-called "rabbit hole" is a serious one: Pope Francis is accused of ignoring evidence that McCarrick abused seminarians, instead rescinding an order from Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI that McCarrick be stripped of duties and bound at home, to live a life of "prayer and penance." The report also suggests that Pope Francis is beholden to a network of conspirators, hiding and protecting a number of abusers in the Church's hierarchy.
    and

To cap off his assessment of Vigano's claims, Cupich appeared to accuse the Archbishop of abject racism.
    "Quite frankly," Cupich said, "they also don't like him because he's Latino."
    Pope Francis is, in fact, ethnically Italian.
    I'd like to know who "they" is?

Katfalls, I think that we are in a sort of schism already. :cry:

Edited to add:
    I'm getting a warning when I try to open FallenSaint's link from his second post. I found the following which I believe is the same video without the warning, https://www.nbcchicago.com/on-air/a...legations-of-sexual-misconduct-491840851.html

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  5. fallen saint

Immigration and climate change...are we that stupid. Taking advantage of innocent children, homosexuality and acceptance by all involved. And trying to spin the narrative to climate change and immigration. As a human it makes me angry...as a spiritual son of the church, it is just plain sad.

And I am going to be persecuted, as a catholic, for their nonsense.

I think the only way out is 100% transparency...and anyone involved should be stripped of power. I am usually the person that says God will take care of all this...and he will. But everything is at a standstill until questions are answered.

Even on Catholic Radio...the moderate Patrick Madrid stated for the church to continue, everything must come to the open...and if someone has done something wrong, they must be rebuked.

:(

Very sad day for Brother al

cornhusker, AED, Adoremus and 6 others like this.
  6. Jarg

Jarg Archangels

It's like hearing the CEO of a the Soros Foundation, seriously, he could have said just the same thing. :cry: :(

AED, gracia, Don_D and 4 others like this.
  7. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

That's interesting Pat said that. I usually don't listen to him very often, but every once in a while my brother passes on things to me (my brother married one of Pat's daughters).

AED and fallen saint like this.
  8. gracia

gracia Archangels

I think, though, that it is not useless to keep praying for him. Sometimes things are happening that we can't see.

I think he is still worth praying for.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    cornhusker, Tanker, Sam and 3 others like this.
  9. fallen saint

Patrick Madrid...it was the last person who I thought would say it. He is so positive and non aggressive. He usually focuses on the positive... even though I think he is more moderate then conservative. But I think this nonsense has caused too much scandal to the Catholic church... for him not to give opinion. Actually, 75% of Catholic Radio announcers seemed to be disappointed and sad about what happened. It seems like all of them want the Vatican to either accept or deny Letter.

AED likes this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

11. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

Yeah I agree with you - too positive and non aggressive and more moderate than conservative (although I prefer the term orthodox) - which is why I usually don't listen too much :rolleyes:

fallen saint likes this.
  12. AED

AED Powers

So utterly tone deaf! So utterly removed from any sense of the utter seriousness of these violations and these assaults. God have mercy on his soul but may God remove him from his place of authority.

Tanker likes this.
  13. DivineMercy

DivineMercy Archangels

I can tell you though that (in my opinion of course) it's very easy for Pat to have this *um* relaxed approach because of their parish community. The family attends a very traditional type novus ordo church in Columbus, OH that is absolutely drop dead gorgeous - it's like a cathedral. It's run by faithful Dominicans who give good homilies. The choir is very professional and sings the ordinary in Latin, and the priests turn ad orientum during the Consecration using the High Altar. It's a hybrid of novus ordo and traditional Mass while remaining novus ordo. The community is huge, big homeschool group, tons of families. While I was attending (my husband and I were actually married there) it's very easy to just get sucked into a daily life routine without taking into account the atrocities that are happening all over the world and in most parishes. It's why my brother is often in denial over scandalous things that are reported - he doesn't believe they're actually happening, but "fake news." I'm glad to hear that Pat seems to be coming around on this tragedy in the Church.

14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

We are duty-bound to pray for him

Tanker, Sam, gracia and 2 others like this.
  15. Agnes rose

Agnes rose Archangels

Tanker, gracia and AED like this.
  16. fallen saint

The letter was stated...its time for the Vatican to officially respond. If its lies then they must state it. If its truth they have to fix it. If they say nothing then they are guilty and the church has entered a crossroads. Only Pope Francis can fix this problem. But also the silence of Bishop Schneider, Bishop Turkson and Bishop Arinze is loud and clear.

Time for the Church in Africa to make a statement. It would carry a lot of weight. The lines are drawn.

Don_D and gracia like this.
  17. gracia

gracia Archangels

Yes.... I get a stronger and stronger impression that Pope Francis has had pretty much zero theological training, a lousy education, and not much time spent in deep thought and humility with the basic Truths of the Church. He has not been taught well, is not very well educated, and therefor relies on his feelings to dictate Truth to him. Not that a Saint needs to be learned to be Holy; Saints Francisco, Jacinta, and Bernadette prove that. But still, one must be open to learning and learning what is right. I get the strong impression that Pope Francis is a theological illiterate, with an emotional attachment to error. Which is not good. That makes it very easy for him to be manipulated by evil. Which also seems to be happening.

Don_D and SteveD like this.
  18. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Yes learn but also discern. Without this we are rudderless. Carried about on the waves of our feelings and so called intuition.

Agnes rose, padraig and gracia like this.
  19. gracia

gracia Archangels

Very true.

padraig likes this.
  20. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

Bishop Schneider: ‘no reasonable…cause to doubt truth’ of Vigano revelations about Pope
    https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/b......cause-to-doubt-truth-of-vigano-revelations

SteveD, fallen saint and Agnes rose like this.