I need a prayer tonight...pronto!!

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by grimisocks, Feb 2, 2012.

1. grimisocks

grimisocks Principalities

May I ask for a prayer request tonight please? I lost my job in the middle of last year due to a grave error on my part. I was dismissed for 'hacking' my manager's email. This was deemed 'gross misconduct', which it undoubtedly is. The consequences of that action is to destroy my career and earmark me as unemployable.
    I returned to my faith after this. I needed to forgive myself in a timely manner as I was full of guilt and suicidal thoughts (now, whether I would have harmed myself is debatable). After regaining a belief in the RC religion, I have witnessed many 'minor miracles' in my life. The biggest miracle I think is my weekly commitment to my Thursday night prayer meeting. If you told me in March of last year that I'd be going to mass on a, nearly, daily basis, attending a prayer group where we sing, clap and praise the Lord aloud, say the Divine Mercy and Rosary daily...well, I'd tell you where to go as I'd lift myself off the floor laughing!
    Oh, my prayer request.,,right. I have an interview tomorrow. I have learned that I can't hide the reason why my job ended as I need to provide references etc etc. So, really, I need to tell the truth. That's where having faith in the Lord comes in and trusting in his mercy to deliver me from my torment. But I need help from the members here too. I need the belief and faith of all of you that miracles do come through and that people are pulled from the deep waters of despair by the divine hand of Jesus. Please, remember me tonight in your prayers. thank you...

Indy likes this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

Maybe then it was better to loose your job than to loose your soul, G. ..amd maybe before reaching the top we have touch the bottom.

You have great faith, praying for a miracle to honour your trust. :D

3. Mario

Mario Powers

grimisocks,

I'm proud of you! If you begin to waver tomorrow, remember the joy your forthrightness will bring to the Father's heart. I'll be praying!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

4. dailyrosary

dailyrosary New Member

I will pray for you grimisocks, though hacktivistas are currently giant killers fighting Caligula

Perhaps that was not the circumstance of your email indiscretion, not a matter of Socratic higher conscience over letter of the law at all.

Yes, miracles do come true, Jesus pulls people from deep waters, in this world and the next too, but sometimes it is better to suffer, than to get rich with Ceausescu and Hitler on Goliath's slave traded death camp of fascist cleptocratic Jihad.

5. Lee

Lee Principalities

My prayers attend you tomorrow. I hope this crooked path is made straight for you.

6. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

You have my prayers too, Grimisocks!

7. maryrose

maryrose Powers

G
    You are in my morning prayer. Remember to send your Angel ahead of you to smooth the way. Padre Pio was agreat believer in using our Angel Guardian to smooth the way ahead.

Mary

8. grimisocks

WOW!! Thanks for all of your prayers. They really worked I must say. My interview went very well. Not a single question about why my job ended. Now, that's the first interview I've done where that question didn't arise. I must have done about ten since last June. That's a miracle in itself!!
    Can I ask for your prayers for the next few days? I was told at the interview a decision will be taken early next week. I would really like this job and get back a semblance of self esteem.
    Thank you so much again. Praise Him for His continued guidance... :)

9. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

You've been and will continue to be in my prayers Grimisocks. I'm so glad to hear the interview went well. I hope it goes to the next steps and you will be back feeling the dignity of work in no time!!

I'm actually even happier to hear of the steps you have taken on your conversion. Please keep it up and trust in God!! I know I often feel desperate to have a job, and when those feelings arise, then I offer up this unemployment cross for the salvation of the souls of my family and friends. I have only begun doing this about 2 weeks ago, but it makes it easier to carry. There are no mistakes with God, and he gave me this cross for this length of time for a purpose, as nothing like this is random. So I just have to accept His will for me and offer it up so that this suffering does some good for others. Having this attitude makes a world of difference in carrying the cross. That's not to say I don't feel desperate for a job because I do. But clinging to the cross and offering it up for some intention in your heart makes it easier to carry and gives some purpose to your suffering. Also if you trust in God you will always have hope. Even if on some days that hope is really, really dim and just a sliver of light, you will have some hope to keep the desperate feelings at bay. So keep praying and trusting in God!!

10. Lee

Lee Principalities

Our God is an Awesome! Thank you for the results of your interview, I was wondering how it went. Your report helps to build great confidence in prayer warriors...even reluctant ones and especially those who don't believe their prayers go any further than their ceiling. You have a prayer covering from me for sure.

11. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

Prayers are with you! I'm so happy for you to have been able to turn things around with God's help and your own efforts to maintain your relationship with Him. What a blessing. I'm going to pray that you get this job, or if it isn't the one for you, that you get a lead on another quickly. :) Pray, pray, pray Kath

12. grimisocks

Ok, here's an update. I got the 'please f**k off' letter this morning. Of course, I'm disheartened by this, I'm only human after all. I'm trying to praise Him for this experience but it's really hard. The reason I'm having a difficult time is because I'm a believer in the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. In that, Jesus says He'll grant whatever one wishes if the chaplet is done at 3pm, which I do religiously (excuse the pun :lol: ). I do two chaplets, one for the souls in purgatory and then one for my own intentions. So, if Jesus says that and I adhere to his words?.....
    Any suggestions??

13. padraig

padraig Powers

John 16:23
    In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

This is a precise scriptural promise from Jesus Himself, so we know it is true.

However prayer is not a magic. It reminds me of what President Kennedy said at his inaugural speech, ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country.....

We can paraphrase this best for petitionary prayer by saying, 'Ask not what God can do for us but rather what we can do for God....'

Prayer is not a magic and not simply a matter of pressing a button on a vending machine and expecting a tin of coke back. God works in His own ways , in His own time and in His own place. He has made these promises and so He wil keep them.

I have wanted to be a priest since I was about five years old and have done much praying about it. Now I am 56 and still no sign of being a priest. But about 15 years ago when I was in Church praying in front of Our Lady I knew I had to give up and leave it in Mary's hands , no more struggle and stress. Will GOd answer my prayers ? Of course He will but in His own manner in His own ways and in His own time...

But of course I realise G that work is vital and very urgent and you want an answer NOW, NOW, NOW..AND IT IS REASONABLE THAT YOU SHOULD.

But I have no magic answers and I would be careful of seeking them, God works in His own time. Padre Pio used to say, Pray and trust' I think that is wonderful.

I was out of work a few years ago and I finally went round to the Poor Clares COnvent and got the nuns to pray; I got a great job within a week (actually I think it was a couple of days later).

We Catholics are a bit like cooks we all have our own recipes for prayer, I am sure in answer to your post you will get a million answers to your post, a million, 'Recipes'. But don't forget whatever prayer recipe you get has to go in the oven of Gods love and He will bake it up at His own temprature at His own speed and His own time. No magic except the magic of His won love. Prayer is not Harry Potter.

But anyway here is my own recipe , turn to your Guardian Angels constantly and get them to fly to the feet of Mary and present this prayer for you:

[​IMG]

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Try the other recipes' too. But then let God do the cooking by, 'Pray and trust'.

14. Rain

Rain Powers

Hi grimisocks, trusting isn't easy, that I know from first hand experience. Hang in there. God loves you and hears your prayers, even if it doesn't seem that way.

15. angelabelfast

angelabelfast New Member

from my experience if u pray to give yourself over to God's will and ask Our Lady to intercede something usually happens, when one door closes another opens. It might not be what u want to happen but there is maybe a reason behind this, perhaps this job wouldnt be good for you spiritually and there is something better in the pipeline. When we give ourselves up to God's will things always seem to work out one way or another and things happen, again not always what we want to happen but what is best for us spiritually and what could help us on the right path towards heaven. Everything happens for a reason, God has planned everything! The words of the closing prayer of The Divine Mercy really bring this to light,

'Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury
    of compassion --- inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with
    great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,
    which is Love and Mercy itself. '

16. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Hang in there G! I went through similer thoughts you are dealing with now...in terms of praying for a job and feeling like God is not living up to his promises. In terms of answered prayers, even what He promises at the 3pm hour...it is always contingent upon it being the will of God. Same for answered novenas...it is always dependant on the will of God. For whatever reason, it is not God's will that you work right now. Why would this be...who knows. It could be to strengthen your faith, to have others around you step up and have compassion on you and help you, to humble you, to have you reach out to God, to trust God, etc. I try to maintain the belief that God always, always, always answers our prayers and the answers are either Yes, Not now, or I have something better for you. I have to believe that God has some better job planned for us than ones we have been turned down for. We have to cling to that belief. I also recommend you continue to pray, remove sin from your life, and offer up this cross for an intention that is important to you. It is actually very good suffering that should not be wasted. Tell yourself that God, in his infinite wisdom knows what is best for you in this life, and trust him on that. He has a great plan for your life as He does for mine...and we just have to trust Him. But it's not easy...trust me, I know that as I'm going through the worst time of my life right now but every day I offer it up for the salvation of souls. It keeps me going when I do that. It's not to the point where carrying this cross is a joy for me, but it is better than a few months ago.

17. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Oh I forgot an important thing...definately bring this problem to Jesus in adoration. If you don't have adoration nearby, sit in front of the tabernacle and place it with Jesus and tell Him you need Him to solve the problem. He wants us to hand over all of our problems and worries so he can solve them, so visit him with these issues if you have not already.

18. Kathleen

Kathleen New Member

keep praying- it's hard when God says "no" but he always has our best interest in mind. Patience is a virtue that is very painful to develop. At least that's how its been for me. God does know best though. Keep praying and we'll all pray for you. Kath

19. Mario

Mario Powers

AMEN!

Safe in the Father's Arms!

20. Lee

Lee Principalities

Dear Grimisocks,
    I was taken by the meditation I found for today in the Magnificat, it applies so beautifully to your dilemma.

It's from Saint Claude de la Colombiere.

The Persistence of the Woman

Consider the workings of divine providence and think that the refusal you meet with now is only God's stratagem to increase your fervor. Remember how he acted towards the Canaanite woman, treating her harshly and refusing to see or listen to her. He seemed to be irritated by her importunity, but in reality he admired it and was delighted with her trust and humility, and for that reason he repulsed her. With what tenderness does her repulse those whom he most wishes to be indulgent to hiding his clemency under the mask of cruelty! Take care not to be deceived by it. The more he seems to be unwilling, the more you must insist.
    Do as the woman of Canaan: use against him the very arguments he may have for refusing you. It is true that to hear me, you should say to him, would be to give bread of the children to dogs. I do not deserve the grace I ask, but I do not ask you to give me what I deserve; I ask it through the merits of my Redeemer. You ought to think more of your promises than of my unworthiness, and you will be unjust to yourself if you give me only what I deserve. If I were worthier of your benefits it would be less to your glory to give me them. It is unjust to grant favors to a sinner, but I do not appeal to your justice but to your mercy.
    Do not lose courage when you have begun so well to struggle with God. Do not give him a moment's rest. He loves the violence of your attack and wants to be overcome by you. Make importunity your watchword, let persistence be a miracle in you. Compel God to throw off the mask and say to you with admiration "Great is your faith, be it done as you wish I can no longer resist you, you shall have what you desire, in this life and the next."

If you want something you never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done.