I humbly beg for prayer...and I pray for all, here....

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Mark1, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Mark1

Mark1 Archangels

...we all need prayer and help. I am no exception in suffering. But when someone close passes, my predisposition to depression kicks in big time. And so, first I kindly ask you to pray for a 90 year old friend of mine, Beverly, who just passed from injuries from a car accident. She was literally taking someone who has no car, home. This woman never stopped moving, constantly did for others, always volunteered at our church and was a great help to our family ...and was part of our family. She also was deeply devoted to God and the Blessed Sacrament. Secondly, I ask you to pray for my wife, son and me. In my depression, especially when something like this happens, I feel alone no matter what. It's as though all is black, with no end. And, I feel absolute terror over the thought of losing people I'm close to. This blackness terrifies me, ever since depression first hit me back in my teens, over 30 years ago. Meds don't work, and a DNA test showed I have no receptors for most meds to work (layman's terms). I don't work and so we struggle. I can't wait for The Lord to come. No need to post replies or advice. Please just offer a prayer for Beverly and us. I pray for each of you, and your loved ones, now. Thank you.

Seagrace, maryrose, Carol55 and 14 others like this.
  2. An Guilbneach

An Guilbneach Mane Nobiscum Domine

Will most certainly pray for you Mark1 and all whom you love that the Good Lord will relive your sorrow. It's important to know that you are not alone! by virtue of our common baptism we are all bothers and sisters in Christ even though we have never met and many mile may lie between us. God's Blessing.

Xavier, Jo M, Shae and 4 others like this.
  3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Prayers going up. St. Joseph is the patron of a happy death. Pray for it, and for your loved ones. May the darkness dissipate in the light of God's holy love and consolation.
    To be absent in the body is to be present to the Lord. 2Corinthians 5:8

Xavier, Jo M, Shae and 4 others like this.
  4. Dolours

Dolours Powers

This will be my main intention at Adoration today. Never forget, Mark, that the Lord holds you in the palm of His hand. You are never alone. As An Guiilbneach said, we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

Jo M, Shae, AED and 4 others like this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

Mark1,

Such a long struggle withe depression!:( I will ask Our Lady to hold you in her arms and give you her Maternal Blessing when I pray my Rosary today.

May the blessing of Almighty God come upon you this day and place within your heart the peace that passes all understanding, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Sign of the Cross)!:love: AMEN!

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Dolours, Jo M, Shae and 5 others like this.
  6. bflocatholic

bflocatholic Powers

Prayers going up for Beverly, you and your family, Mark1.

Dolours, Jo M, Shae and 3 others like this.
  7. padraig

padraig New Member

I would say Beverly needs few prayers , Mark by the sound of it. But praying for her anyway.

Praying for you and your family Mark. It sounds like you are a real Chosen Soul.:)

AED, Dolours, Jo M and 4 others like this.
  8. Mark1

Mark1 Archangels

...I see so many replies, and so many prayers. Thank you, one and all. This friend's passing has triggered the terror , desperation and utter loneliness I feel when depression is at it's worst. It's like nothing can penetrate the hopeless, desolate feelings I experience, and that scares me. I go one second at a time. THANK YOU for prayers for Beverly, and my family in me. Again I pray for all of you

9. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

You’re in my prayers dear Mark! You have a heavy cross...but the family at MOG will pray for you. Two dear friends suffer severe depression and I understand how much suffering they have. God heal you+++

AED, Dolours, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  10. Shae

Shae Archangels

I also pray for everyone here daily, and I will especially offer prayers for you personally Mark, for your family and for your dear friend Beverly who is no doubt praying for you from heaven. May God grant you His peace.

AED, Dolours, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Like your avatar, Shae.

Beth B, Dolours, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  12. Shae

Shae Archangels

Thank you HH. Me too!;)

Beth B, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  13. I'm keeping you in my prayers, Mark1.

Shae, Beth B, AED and 3 others like this.
  14. Mark1

Mark1 Archangels

...thank you, all

Shae, Jo M, Beth B and 4 others like this.
  15. Jo M

Jo M Powers

My heart goes out to you Mark1, depression is so terribly painful. I will pray to St. Dymphna for your recovery. Sorry to hear about your friend, Beverly. I will pray for her beautiful soul. God bless you.

Shae, Beth B, AED and 4 others like this.
  16. Dawn2

Dawn2 Archangels

Jesus please heal Mark1 and give him peace and joy. Bless Beverly. Mary, please pray for them.

Shae, Jo M, Beth B and 6 others like this.
  17. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Powers

I don't like thoughts of death (itself) either, but I imagine afterwards as being a joyous "Million Year Picnic" (Ray Bradbury)...actually endless aeons. It'll be so beautiful & blissful. :love:

Shae, Dolours, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  18. Mark1

Mark1 Archangels

...thank you, to all

Shae, Beth B, Sam and 2 others like this.